|For other uses, see Black Panther (disambiguation)|
According to Wakandan lore, Bashenga was once a warrior shaman of Wakanda. During the war between the tribes over an alien metal that struck the heart of the territory, Bashenga was guided by the goddess Bast, who led him to discover a powerful herb grown in the soil fertilized by the strange metal. Bast instructed Bashenga to consume the herb, and in the process gain the power to unite the warring tribes into a powerful nation.
Powers and Abilities
- Heart-Shaped Herb Enhancement: After having consumed the Heart-Shaped Herb, Bashenga's physical attributes have been greatly enhanced to levels comparable to a super soldier. These powers are long-lasting, at least until the user drinks a serum to negate the powers of the herbs for a trial combat for a fair fight to become King of Wakanda.
- Enhanced Strength: After having consumed the Heart-Shaped Herb, Bashenga's strength is tremendously enhanced beyond the peak of human potential, moving into the early levels of superhuman condition.
- Enhanced Speed: After having consumed the Heart-Shaped Herb, Bashenga can move at speeds beyond the peak of human potential, moving into the early levels of superhuman condition.
- Leadership: As the King of Wakanda, Bashenga held political power around his nation, and a vast influence over his people.
- Spear of Bashenga: The Spear of Bashenga is the spear that Bashenga used during the war of the five tribes of Wakanda.
- Golden Tribe
- Bast - Benefactor
- In the comics, Bashenga was the first to hold the title of Black Panther and formed the Panther Cult so that anyone holding the title would guard against all intruders of Wakanda.