|For other uses, see Black Panther (disambiguation)|
|For alternate versions of Bashenga, see Bashenga's Character Hub|
Bashenga had a vision of the goddess Bast, who led him to a powerful herb that had grown from soil imbued with the metal's unique properties. Bast instructed Bashenga to consume the herb, and in the process gain the power to unite all but one of the warring tribes into a powerful nation.
Powers and Abilities
- Heart-Shaped Herb Enhancement: After consuming the Heart-Shaped Herb, Bashenga's physical attributes were greatly enhanced to levels comparable to a super soldier. These powers are long-lasting, at least until the user drinks a serum to negate the powers of the herb.
- Enhanced Strength: Bashenga's strength was tremendously enhanced beyond the peak of human potential, moving into the early levels of superhuman condition.
- Enhanced Durability: Bashenga was much more durable than a normal human being.
- Enhanced Speed: Bashenga could move at speeds beyond the peak of human potential, moving into the early levels of superhuman condition.
- Enhanced Agility: Bashenga's agility was outstanding, far greater than Olympic athletes. He could coordinate his body with excellent balance, equilibrium, flexibility, and dexterity.
- Enhanced Stamina: Bashenga's musculature produced fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. Bashenga's body eliminated the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing chemicals in his muscles, granting him exceptional endurance and lung capacity, greater than of normal humans.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Bashenga's reflexes were beyond human potential and superior to those of the finest athlete.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Bashenga's fast healing capabilities allows for him to have a conditioned metabolism that enables an extraordinarily efficient recovery.
- Master Martial Artist: As the King of Wakanda and one of Wakanda's best warriors, Bashenga is highly skilled in martial arts.
- Master Tactician: As the King of Wakanda, Bashenga held political power around his nation, and a vast influence over his people. Under his reign, all but one of Wakanda's tribes were united into a confederation that has endured for thousands of years.
- Spear of Bashenga: The Spear of Bashenga is the spear that Bashenga used during the war of the five tribes of Wakanda.
- Golden Tribe
- Descendant-in-Law †
- Bast - Benefactor
- In the comics, Bashenga was the first to hold the title of Black Panther and formed the Panther Cult so that anyone holding the title would guard Wakanda against intruders.