|For other uses, see Avengers (disambiguation)|
The Avengers were a team of extraordinary individuals, with either superpowers or other special characteristics. Its purpose was to protect global stability from inner or extraterrestrial threats. Though primarily affiliated with the United States of America, they worked with the peaceful interests of the whole world in mind rather than a specific country or organization. The Avengers were first assembled by S.H.I.E.L.D. when Loki invaded Earth with his Chitauri army to conquer the planet. The team defeated him and went their separate ways for a while.
After S.H.I.E.L.D. became a defunct agency due to HYDRA infiltration, Stark Industries remodeled Stark Tower into Avengers Tower and the team joined together in the fight against HYDRA. After they finished the fight, Tony Stark built Ultron hoping that the A.I. would be able to defend the world from any threats necessary. The plan backfired and Ultron started a war against humanity, forcing the Avengers to fight Ultron. When Ultron was defeated, the team gained new recruits and relocated to the New Avengers Facility.
Under Captain America's leadership, the team successfully completed several operations around the world, until the amount of collateral damage caused during their conflicts caused the United Nations to pass the Sokovia Accords in an attempt to regulate their actions. The differences in opinions created a rift within the organization which split the Avengers into two factions, one led by Iron Man and another by Captain America. After Captain America was able to stop Helmut Zemo, the instigator of their fight, the team was divided; Iron Man, Vision and War Machine remained official members, while a small group consisting of Captain America, Black Widow, and Falcon continued to operate in the shadows. Stark would try to boost the Avengers' membership by inviting Spider-Man to join, but the young hero turned down the offer to remain closer to the people he had sworn to protect.
Two years after the Accords were ratified, Thanos, the Mad Titan warlord and instigator behind Loki's Chitauri invasion, launched a crusade against the universe in his quest to gather the Infinity Stones. The Avengers were split up into different groups as they fought to combat Thanos before he succeeded, joining forces with the Masters of the Mystic Arts, the Wakandans, and the Guardians of the Galaxy in the process, with Iron Man and Spider-Man going to Titan alongside Doctor Strange and meeting and allying with Star-Lord, Nebula, Mantis and Drax to try to stop Thanos while Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, War Machine, Falcon, Thor, Groot, Rocket Raccoon and Scarlet Witch protected Vision from the Black Order in Wakanda. While the team on Wakanda was successful in killing Thanos' minions, the team fighting on Titan was defeated. Thanos arrived and overpowered the heroes on Wakanda with ease before killing Vision in order to receive the Mind Stone, thus completing the Infinity Gauntlet. Even after Thor severely wounded him, Thanos still managed to eradicate half of the universe's population, triumphing over Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Several Avengers were among the victims, including Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and Spider-Man; with only Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and War Machine surviving the war. Despite them managing to kill Thanos with help from Rocket, Nebula, and Captain Marvel, the victory was hollow and bitter as Thanos had destroyed the Infinity Stones, ensuring no chances of reversing the Snap. Thor and Iron Man subsequently left the Avengers, Thor establishing New Asgard while Iron Man married Pepper Potts, and the remaining members were joined by Rocket, Nebula, Captain Marvel, and Okoye as they tried to maintain order on Earth and the wider universe
Five years later after Wasp and her family, who were supposed to pull Ant-Man from the Quantum Realm, were decimated, Ant-Man finally escaped the Quantum Realm, and Hawkeye rejoined the team in hopes of bringing his family back. The Avengers utilized the properties of the Quantum Realm, following Ant-Man's advice, and created a time machine that allowed them to collect the Infinity Stones years before Thanos. Returning to the present with the Stones, at the cost of Black Widow's life, Hulk donned the Nano Gauntlet and was able to resurrect those that lost their lives in the Snap. However, the 2014 Thanos noticed this plan and time-travelled to confront the Avengers, starting the immense Battle of Earth, where Iron Man gave his life to defeat Thanos. With the war won, Captain America decided to remain in the past with Peggy Carter, Hawkeye, and Ant-Man reuniting with their families, while Rocket and Nebula returned to the Guardians of the Galaxy with Thor joining them. With the war won and everyone departing, the Avengers disbanded.
Starting the Initiative
After meeting Captain Marvel and being thrown into the midst of the Kree-Skrull War, Nick Fury realized that a group of extraordinary individuals would be needed to battle the growing forces that conventional military forces or S.H.I.E.L.D. would not be able to handle alone, much less defeat. During the starting development of the initiative, the team’s original name was meant to be named the Protectors, until Fury decided to name it as the Avengers, after Captain Marvel’s former Air Force pilot call sign.
Recruiting Tony Stark
Nick Fury personally encountered Tony Stark, following his revelation to the world that he was Iron Man. Fury consulted with Stark regarding the Avengers Initiative, telling him that he's not the only superhero in the world. Stark declined but Fury still kept his eye on him for the meantime.
Rejecting Tony Stark
Six months after revealing to the world that he was Iron Man, Stark helped to stabilize peace between East and West relations. However, he discovered that the Palladium Arc Reactor was slowly killing him. Beginning to act questionably, such as donating a large number of his personal belongings and giving Pepper Potts control of Stark Industries, Nick Fury began to intervene, sending Natasha Romanoff a candidate of the Avengers Initiative, in the guise of Stark's new assistant, to keep an eye on him.
Following a number of altercations, including an attack on Stark by Ivan Vanko and a fight with James Rhodes during a drunken stupor, Fury met with Stark to discuss his condition and help him get back on the path to save himself. After finding a new element to stabilize his health and end a large scale attack by Vanko, Romanoff wrote a report on Stark, stating that while the armor would benefit the Avengers Initiative, Stark himself was deemed unsuitable and was instead given a position as consultant. Stark accepted on the condition that he and Rhodes would be given medals for their heroics, personally awarded by Senator Stern.
The Arrival of Thor
After Thor was exiled to Earth, landing in New Mexico, he tried to retrieve Mjølnir after discovering it was on Earth as well. During this attempt, Avengers Initiative candidate, Clint Barton, who was there to watch over the site, was tasked with stopping Thor if requested.
Phil Coulson made note of Thor's strength, albeit human, and his combat skills, as he took down a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents with ease. When Thor's brother Loki sent the Destroyer to Earth to kill him, Thor regained his power and defeated the Destroyer. After that, Coulson approached him and Thor vowed he would be an ally to Earth if they return Jane Foster's research, which Coulson agreed. However, before Coulson had a chance to debrief him, Thor flew to the landing site to return back to Asgard to stop Loki.
Soon after the confrontation between Hulk and Emil Blonsky in New York City, a request came down from the World Security Council to blame the incident on Banner and that Blonsky, who was being held in Thaddeus Ross' sector, be exonerated for his crimes and placed on the team's roster.
Nick Fury didn't want Blonsky for the team but was in no position to disobey a direct order from the council. Hoping to resolve the situation for Fury, Phil Coulson and Jasper Sitwell conspired to sabotage the request by sending in Tony Stark to be the one to contact Ross. As planned, Stark's abrasive manner and disdain for authority resulted in Ross turning down the request.
Captain America's Return
Upon the expedition in the Arctic, S.H.I.E.L.D. recovered the body of Captain America who was frozen for approximately 70 years. Examining Rogers' body, scientists informed Nick Fury that he was still alive.
Fury ordered to place Rogers in a 1940s-style hospital where he suddenly woke up. Realizing that something was wrong, he escaped onto the streets of New York City. There, he met Fury who told him the entire incident was meant to break the news to him slowly that he had been missing for nearly 70 years.
- "We're running the world's greatest covert security network and you're gonna leave the fate of human race to a handful of freaks."
"I'm not leaving anything to anyone. We need a response team. These people may be isolated, unbalanced even, but I believe with the right push they can be exactly what we need."
- ―Gideon Malick and Nick Fury[src]
When it seemed no progress had been made with it, the Avengers Initiative was shut down by World Security Council. Using the Tesseract, Loki arrived on Earth, initiating an invasion, taking control of Clint Barton with the Scepter and stealing the Tesseract. Following this, Nick Fury reinstated the Initiative in hopes to stop Loki's invasion. Fury later spoke with the council, who opposed Fury's actions, not believing in the Initiative, but it was still allowed to proceed.
Bringing in the Team
While she was on a mission, Natasha Romanoff was called by Phil Coulson to assist in the recruitment. Romanoff was tasked with recruiting Bruce Banner, much to her fear. After arriving in Kolkata and tricking Banner, Romanoff introduced herself to the the scientist, informing him of the Tesseract and how Nick Fury wanted him to find it due to his expertise. After some persuasion, Romanoff was able to convince Banner to accompany her to the Helicarrier.
Fury then went to recruit Steve Rogers for his first mission since being awakened. Fury arrived at a gym, where he gave Rogers a report on the Tesseract, informing him that Loki had stolen it from S.H.I.E.L.D.. Fury told Rogers he would provide him with more details if he accepted the mission, although Rogers was hesitant to return to the world, and left the gym after telling Fury the Tesseract never should have been found. After reading a debriefing packet for him, Rogers accepted the mission and was picked up in a Quinjet.
Coulson was assigned to bring in Tony Stark, so he forced his way into Stark Tower to recruit him. Coulson gave Stark files that contained information on his other potential teammates, Loki, and the Tesseract. When Pepper Potts realized the visit was about the Avengers, Stark commented on how he didn't qualify for the Initiative, but Coulson informed him that it didn't matter anymore. Stark then looked over the files, updating him on the situation was going on.
When Rogers arrived on the Helicarrier, he was greeted by Romanoff, and the two got acquainted. They were soon joined by Banner, who discussed the mission with Rogers, as well as getting to know each other. When S.H.I.E.L.D. prepared for takeoff, Romanoff guided the two inside, after they were amazed by the Helicarrier actually being an aircraft. The three then met up with Fury in the bridge and started to assist S.H.I.E.L.D. in there search for Loki and the Tesseract.
In a secure hideout, a mind controlled Clint Barton, informed Loki that Fury was putting a team together. When Loki asked about if they would be a threat, Barton insisted that the Avengers would be more of a danger to themselves. Loki then demanded to know everything about the Avengers, vowing to test them. Barton would go on to inform Loki all about the Avengers, including the dangers of Hulk, Romanoff's past, and the power of Stark Tower.
When Loki was spotted in Germany, Captain America was sent to apprehend him. Discovering Loki standing over a group of people and about to execute one, Captain America dropped down to stop him. After deflecting a blast back at Loki, Captain America confronted him, while Black Widow provided assistance from a Quinjet in the sky. When a fight commenced between the two, Iron Man soon arrived, knocking Loki down, resulting in him surrendering.
Rogers and Stark brought Loki onboard the Quinjet and they flew back to the Helicarrier for questioning. On the way, Rogers and Stark discussed Loki's suspicious surrender, as well as each other. Not too long after, the Quinjet was infiltrated by Thor, who grabbed Loki and flew away. Stark then went after him, and Rogers followed after equipping a parachute, despite Romanoff's warnings about the Asgardians.
When Iron Man found Thor, the two argued over taking Loki. Both of them refused the other's requests, so a fight broke out between them. During the fight, Captain America intervened and tried to talk with Thor. However, this did not last long, as Thor went to attack Captain America, too. Although, when Thor struck Captain America's Shield with Mjølnir, it caused a shockwave to go off, knocking everyone down. The three then decided to no longer fight, and all return to the Helicarrier.
With the team joined by Thor, they all gathered in the bridge and watched Nick Fury talk with Loki in his cell. The team discussed Loki's plans, and Thor revealed that his brother had an army that was going to attack Earth. When they realized Loki planned to open a portal, Tony Stark joined them informing them that was what the Iridium was for. Stark and Bruce Banner discussed the mechanics of the portal in detail, and then went to work on locating the Tesseract.
As Stark and Banner examined the Scepter and began their search, they bonded with each other. When Steve Rogers arrived and found Stark testing Banner's control over his transformation, the three discussed Fury calling them in, believing he was hiding something. After discussing Fury's motivations, a dispute broke out between Stark and Rogers, as the latter believed they should stay focused on the mission, whereas Stark was attempting to uncover S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secrets.
After Natasha Romanoff discovered Loki's plans to unleash Hulk, she and Thor headed to the lab to watch over him. Fury met with Stark and Banner in the lab, questioning Stark on why he was hacking S.H.I.E.L.D., and Stark asked about Phase 2. Rogers returned and revealed S.H.I.E.L.D. were intending to make weapons from the Tesseract. Romanoff and Thor then joined them, and they all began to argue over S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secrets as well as with each other.
The heated argument between the Avengers was interrupted when the Helicarrier was attacked by Hawkeye, blowing up the lab, scattering the team in the chaos. Iron Man and Captain America went to repair the turbine, while Black Widow witnessed Bruce Banner lose control and transform into Hulk. Black Widow proceeded to run for her life from the rampaging Hulk until she was saved by Thor, who fought the beast. Meanwhile Iron Man cleared through the debris as he instructed Captain America how to fix the engine.
When Hulk was lured out of the Helicarrier, Thor went to check on Loki in his cell. Black Widow went to stop Hawkeye, and the two fought, until she was able to release him from Loki's control. Iron Man was able to start up the engine, stopping the Helicarrier from falling. When Thor reached the detention level, he was tricked by his brother and was locked in the cell. Although, Phil Coulson tried to stop Loki, but was killed, and Thor was dropped from the Helicarrier.
With the Avengers distracted during the attack, Loki was able to escape from the Helicarrier. Fury informed the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and Avengers of Coulson's death, so Stark and Rogers returned to the bridge to mourn him. Fury also updated them on their situation and used Coulson's death to motivate them to avenge him. After Stark and Rogers spoke, they realized Loki's plan to use Stark Tower, so they decided to head there and stop him. Rogers recruited Romanoff and Barton for the fight, and they all geared up and traveled to New York.
- "Let's do a head count, here. Your brother, the demigod, a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."
- ―Tony Stark to Loki[src]
Iron Man was the first to arrive at Stark Tower, so he confronted Loki, threatening him with the might of the Avengers. However, Loki threw him out of a window as the portal opened. After suiting up, Iron Man engaged in battle, destroying many ships.
When the invasion had begun, Thor arrived to confront his brother, followed by Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye flying in a Quinjet. While the two brothers fought, the Quinjet was shot out of the sky and crashed. The three on the street went to fight Loki, but were stopped by the sight of the Leviathans flying through the sky. They then decided to stay on the ground to help save the civilians and fight the Chitauri, so Black Widow and Hawkeye held them off as Captain America went to coordinate the police assistance.
While Black Widow and Hawkeye fought off hordes of the Chitauri, they were eventually joined by Captain America and Thor. The four discussed the battle, and Captain America went to create a plan, but was interrupted by the arrival of Bruce Banner. When Iron Man was informed of Banner's arrival, he led a Leviathan towards them, so Banner transformed into Hulk to defeat it. With all of the Avengers finally assembled and working as a team, they stood together in a circle and looked over the ongoing invasion.
With more of the Chitauri coming through the portal, Captain America took command and tasked each Avenger with a role in the battle. Hawkeye took position on a rooftop, overseeing the whole battle to provide assistance. Iron Man was instructed to maintain a perimeter while battling the Chitauri. Thor flew on top of the Chrysler Building and released a powerful charge of lighting to bottleneck the portal. Black Widow and Captain America stayed on the streets to keep the fight with them. And Hulk was simply told to smash.
The Avengers proceeded to battle the massive army, giving everything they had, although Black Widow told Captain America it would mean nothing if they didn't close the portal, so she made her way to Stark Tower. Meanwhile, Captain America went to rescue hostages taken by the Chitauri, as the other Avengers continued to fight the alien invaders. After Hawkeye shot Loki out of the sky, he fell towards Stark Tower, where Hulk launched himself at Loki and beat him severely.
Black Widow was able to reach the rooftop of the tower where she came across Erik Selvig, who was finally free from Loki's control. Selvig revealed to Black Widow that the portal could be closed by using the Scepter. So, Black Widow went to retrieve Loki's weapon so she could close the portal and bring an end to the invasion. Despite their best efforts, the battle began to overwhelm the Avengers as more Chitauri forces came through the portal.
Having doubt on the Avengers chances of stopping the invasion, the World Security Council launched a nuclear weapon at New York. Nick Fury informed Iron Man of the nuke, so he flew to intercept it before it could hit the city. Iron Man was able to get a hold of the nuke and decided to fly it through the portal. Once Iron Man got the nuke clear of the city, he released it towards the Chitauri Command Center, destroying it, resulting in the deaths of the Chitauri army.
With the entire fleet eliminated, Captain America ordered Black Widow to close the portal, although Iron Man had not returned from the other side. However, as the portal closed, Iron Man fell through at the last moment, and was caught by Hulk and brought to the ground safely. Captain America, Thor and Hulk stood over Iron Man, who appeared to be dead, but after Hulk let out a roar, he awoke. The Avengers then took a moment, having finally been won after a long battle. Iron Man suggested that they get shawarma to celebrate.
However, Captain America reminded the Avengers that they were not finished, so they regrouped with Black Widow and Hawkeye and went to apprehend Loki. The Avengers gathered inside Stark Tower, where Loki was just getting up from the beating he received from Hulk. When the God of Mischief turned around he discovered the Avengers standing before him, so he accepted defeat and the Avengers arrested him. Iron Man, Thor and Hulk escorted Loki and the Tesseract, Captain America went to coordinate search and rescue, and Black Widow and Hawkeye shared a drink in the tower.
After an encounter with Alexander Pierce regarding Loki and the Tesseract, the Avengers met together shortly after at the nearby Shawarma Palace where they ate and rested together after the intense battle. They were soon joined by War Machine who arrived late to help in the battle.
Later, the Avengers reassembled once again at Central Park in their civilian clothes to watch Thor take Loki back to Asgard to be punished by Odin. After Thor departed from Earth with Loki and the Tesseract, the remaining Avengers said their goodbyes as they all went their seperate ways: Tony Stark driving away with Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers returning to the world, and Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton continuing to work for S.H.I.E.L.D..
After their heroic acts during the Battle of New York, the Avengers were publicly recognised and praised by the world, with many people seeing it as a comfort knowing that they were out there. However, with this positive reception, there were those who didn't look as fondly upon the new superhero team. With the Avengers' rise in popularity, a toy-line was made under the name the "Heroes of New York," featuring action figures of each Avenger.
Using the former Stark Tower, now renamed Avengers Tower, as their headquarters, and using the new drones of the Iron Legion, they embarked on several missions to ruin HYDRA's plans for world domination. Their main target was the cell of Wolfgang von Strucker, which was in possession of Loki's scepter.
When Black Widow intercepted a call from Jensen to her colleagues in Khartoum, the Avengers quickly flew in their Quinjet to the location of Jensen's lab. Though HYDRA managed to shoot down the Quinjet, the Avengers fiercely attacked HYDRA's soldiers. Despite their tanks, guns, and numerical superiority, HYDRA soldiers decided to retreat. Refusing to admit defeat, Dr. Jensen took the power gauntlets from one fallen soldier and attacked the Avengers with heavy energy blasts. However, Hawkeye sneaked up behind her and destroyed her weapon with one of his explosive arrows.
When S.H.I.E.L.D. acquired information about the location of Loki's Scepter, Phil Coulson contacted Maria Hill,, who passed this information on to the Avengers. The team attacked the HYDRA base in Sokovia, using their skilled combat techniques to fight as a harmonious unit.
This synergy, coupled with their abilities and equipment, gave the Avengers a decisive advantage over HYDRA, despite their upgrades, allowing the team to confidently joke amongst themselves. During the battle, the enhanced Pietro Maximoff joined the battlefield to attack the Avengers, resulting in Hawkeye getting badly injured. Black Widow rushed to his aid, as Hulk destroyed the bunkers.
After some delay, Iron Man was able to disable the base's defences, so Captain America regrouped and discussed the battle plan with Thor, who decided to take Hawkeye back to the Quinjet, while the others retrieved the Scepter. With the battle won, and HYDRA defeated, Black Widow went to use the lullaby she created on Hulk to calm him down and transform back into Bruce Banner, as Captain America and Iron Man entered the base.
Captain America came across Wolfgang von Strucker, as well as the other enhanced subject, Wanda Maximoff, who knocked him back and retreated. Captain America got back up and knocked out von Strucker, while Iron Man found the Scepter in a secret room. Wanda followed Iron Man and used her abilities to show him a vision of all the Avengers killed with, Earth being invaded. Shocked by this vision, Iron Man then grabbed the Scepter and regrouped with the rest of the Avengers in the Quinjet.
Stark then piloted the Quinjet back to the Avengers Tower. As Barton rested, Banner and Romanoff discussed Hulk, while Stark, Thor and Rogers expressed their relief over the war with HYDRA finally over. Thor allowed Stark to examine the Scepter before he brought it to Asgard after the celebration that was going be held for their recent victory.
Upon returning to the Avengers Tower, Barton was rushed to Banner's lab so Helen Cho could treat him, as Thor secured the Scepter, and Rogers was informed by Maria Hill of the two enchanted individuals from the battle. While the Scepter was being deciphered, Romanoff, Banner and Stark were present as Barton was being treated in the Regeneration Cradle. Stark then brought Banner out to discuss the Scepter, telling him it could be used to achieve the Ultron Program. After convincing Banner, they spent the next few days working on it, to no success.
Three days later, Tony Stark held a massive part in Avengers Tower for the Avengers over their defeat of HYDRA. Along with the team, Maria Hill, Helen Cho, James Rhodes and Sam Wilson attended, and they all mingled with each other as well assume of the guests. The party included comparing of girlfriends, drinking strong Asgardian liquor, and flirting between Natasha Romanoff and Bruce Banner.
After the guests left, the remaining Avengers and their allies sat around drinking and joking with each other. Clint Barton challenged Thor over the legitimacy of Mjølnir, leading to the Asgardian opening it up for Barton to try an lift it. After a failed attempt, Stark, Rhodes, Banner and Steve Rogers then tried and also failed, with Romanoff declining the challenge.
Suddenly, a high-pitched noise disrupted the party, and an Iron Legion drone emerged. The Avengers then watched as the drone began to speak, revealing himself to be Ultron and that he was on a mission for peace.
More drones then began to attack the Avengers, so they all attempted to fight them off. Thor, Steve Rogers and Tony Stark focused on destroying the drones, while Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner and Clint Barton dodged the attacks. However, the attack was just a distraction so Ultron could acquire the Scepter. Once all of the drones were destroyed, Ultron then gave a speech about the Avengers' extinction, and Thor destroyed him.
After the attack, the Avengers, Maria Hill, James Rhodes and Helen Cho gathered in the lab and discovered that Ultron had gone through all their files and had escaped through the internet. They then discussed Ultron and what his plans, and found that he had destroyed J.A.R.V.I.S. in rage.
Thor then stormed in and grabbed Tony Stark by the throat, angry at him for creating Ultron. Thor informed the team that he had lost the Iron Legion and the Scepter in his search. With everyone upset at Stark, he attempted to defend his actions, but Steve Rogers said that the Avengers were supposed to be different from S.H.I.E.L.D.. When Stark discussed the Avengers and how they would defeat Ultron, Rogers responded that they would defeat him or lose as a team.
Without the use of their digital resources, the Avengers attempted to search for Ultron. The Avengers soon discovered that Ultron had aligned with Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, and had killed Wolfgang von Strucker. They then discussed what Ultron's plans were, knowing that von Strucker had information that would reveal his plans to the Avengers. When they discovered that all their digital files on von Strucker were gone, they went through their physical files, where they came across Ulysses Klaue, who they suspected was in possession of Vibranium, which Ultron would want to acquire.
The Avengers flew to South Africa and landed outside of the Salvage Yard, where the team, minus Bruce Banner infiltrated the Churchill. Iron Man, Captain America and Thor confronted Ultron, while Black Widow and Hawkeye took their positions.
After an exchange between Ultron, along with Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, who were in the process of acquiring Vibranium, the Avengers engaged in a fierce battle. Iron Man faced off with Ultron alone, as Captain America and Thor destroyed the army of Ultron Sentries, and Black Widow and Hawkeye fought off Ulysses Klaue's mercenaries. Pietro also joined in the fight against the Avengers.
Wanda then snuck up on the Avengers and used her abilities to show them their worst fears. Wanda was able to subdue Thor, Captain America and Black Widow, but when she went to engage Hawkeye, he stunned her with an arrow. Pietro rescued his sister, and when they found Banner, Wanda showed him his fear, causing him to transform into Hulk. Hawkeye attempted to rally the team, but they were all defeated.
With the rest of the Avengers unable to assist in stopping Hulk, Iron Man quickly destroyed Ultron and flew to his location. Iron Man called in Veronica to contain Hulk, but it failed, so in his Mark XLIV armor, Iron Man fought Hulk. Due to the savage nature of the enraged Hulk, the fight caused severe collateral damage to the city. Eventually, Iron Man was able to knock out Hulk, stopping the fight.
The Barton Home
With Thor, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff. and Bruce Banner beaten, the Avengers retreated to the Quinjet left Johannesburg. Maria Hill called Clint Barton and Tony Stark and suggested they go into hiding after the incident with Hulk.
Barton decided to take the team to a safe house, which upon entering was revealed to be his home, where his family lived, completely unknown to them. As they all stood in shock, Barton introduced the Avengers to his wife and kids and informed them of how they have been living in seclusion, which would is why it was a good place for them to hide out until their next fight. However, Thor left, needing to find answers on his vision about the Infinity Stones.
As Thor met with Erik Selvig to help him on his search, the rest of the Avengers on the farm took the time to recover. Barton reunited with his wife, where they discussed his place on the team, in which he was needed to keep them all together. Romanoff and Banner talked about running away from the Avengers and starting a life together. As Stark and Rogers chopped wood, they argued about the former creating Ultron, who defended it as trying to end the team.
Nick Fury arrived at the farm and spoke with Stark about creating Ultron and his fear of not being able to save the Avengers. After they had dinner, Fury informed the Avengers of Ultron's status and what his plans could be, as well as an unknown enemy of Ultron who was disrupting his plans. Fury then motivated the Avengers with a speech to stop Ultron from completing his mission from global destruction. They were able to realize Ultron wanted Helen Cho to help evolve.
While Tony Stark went to the NEXUS Internet Hub and Bruce Banner returned to the Avengers Tower, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye took the Quinjet and flew to Seoul to do recon at the U-GIN Genetic Research Facility
Hawkeye kept the Quinjet in the air with Black Widow, as Captain America entered the facility, discovering a wounded Helen Cho, who informed him that Ultron was in the process of uploading himself to a new body. After learning that the gem inside the Regeneration Cradle was dangerous, Hawkeye spotted a truck that Ultron was escaping in.
Captain America then pursued the truck and fought Ultron, as Hawkeye rushed to their location to provide support. Black Widow then prepared her motorcycle and dropped out of the Quinjet to assist Captain America. After picking up Captain America's shield, Black Widow was guided by Hawkeye to the truck's location, where she there the shield back to Captain America.
When Hawkeye drew away the Ultron Sentries, Black Widow was able to infiltrate the truck, as the fight between Captain America and Ultron moved into a speeding train. As Black Widow attempted to secure the Regeneration Cradle, the truck became airborne, so Hawkeye chased after it. During the fight on the train, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff arrived to save Captain America and stop Ultron. However, Ultron managed to escape and destroy the train's control panel.
Once Black Widow had secured the Regeneration Cradle, she set the truck to explode and dived out on top of the Cradle, where Hawkeye was waiting to catch her in the Quinjet. However, as she made it to the Quinjet, Ultron grabbed Black Widow and kidnapped her. Hawkeye was able to successfully obtain the Cradle and was forced to return to the Avengers Tower, leaving Black Widow.
Meanwhile, Captain America, Wanda and Pietro were able to save the civilians and stop the train. With the battle over, the Maximoff twins asked about Captain America about the Cradle. He assured them Stark would take care of it, although they were doubtful due to their hatred of him, warning Captain America that Ultron and Stark can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it from Stark.
Birth of Vision
Clint Barton returned to the Avengers Tower with the Regeneration Cradle, and shortly later Tony Stark from the NEXUS Internet Hub, regrouping with Bruce Banner. Banner and Barton attempted to open the Cradle, but to no success. Stark then joined them, and suggested to Barton to go and try to locate Natasha Romanoff, leaving the two scientists alone with the Cradle.
Banner told Stark that they had to destroy everything implanted inside the Cradle, but soon discovered Stark had other intentions. Stark revealed that J.A.R.V.I.S. was alive and was the one stopping Ultron. Stark explained his idea to put J.A.R.V.I.S. inside the synthetic body, believing it could bring an end to Ultron. After some convincing, Stark was able to get Banner onboard with the plan.
As the two scientist were almost finished, Steve Rogers, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, interrupted them, demanding that they shut it down. They all then began to argue over what should be done with the Cradle, but Pietro took action and unplugged the Cradle. After Barton shot the glass under Pietro, the rest of them began to fight each other. However, Thor suddenly burst in and unleashed his lightning into the Cradle.
The now living body inside the Cradle jumped out and briefly attacked Thor, but was thrown towards the window. Upon looking at himself, he apologized and Thor informed the other Avengers of the Vision and the gem in his forehead, which was one of the Infinity Stones. Vision told them that he wished to assist them in the fight against Ultron, but they were all hesitant to trust him. However, this was quickly fixed when they witnessed Vision hand Mjølnir to Thor.
Captain America then told the Avengers to gear up for the upcoming battle against Ultron, and they all boarded the Quinjet, with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision joining them. Captain America then gave a speech and laid out the plan to evacuate Sokovia and rescue Black Widow.
Upon arriving in Sokovia, Thor and Bruce Banner went to find Black Widow, Iron Man went to confront Ultron, and Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver orchestrated the evacuation. Banner was able to free Black Widow, but when he said he wouldn't help in the fight, Black Widow forced him to transform into Hulk. During the evacuation, Ultron Sentries began to emerge and attack the civilians, so the Avengers fought back to protect them.
After Vision confronted Ultron, the AI activated the Vibranium detonator and the city began to rise, where it would be used as a meteor to destroy the Earth. With evacuation no longer an option, the Avengers focused on getting the civilians to safety and destroying the army of sentries, as Iron Man figured out a way to bring the city back down. During the battle, Hawkeye spoke with Scarlet Witch, and motivated her to continue fighting, which makes her an Avenger.
When the Avengers regrouped, they discussed how the air was getting thinner, but they were unable to do anything about an evacuation, so they continued to fight. Iron Man and Captain America discussed what their next actions would be, the former proposing an escape plan, but the latter refusing to leave with any civilians still trapped. Black Widow, who joined the fight, expressed that the only option may be staying on the city with everyone else.
At that moment, Nick Fury arrived in a Helicarrier with Maria Hill and some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to provide assistance in evacuating the city, with support from War Machine. When the Avengers learned that Ultron was heading for the core, they all rallied to protect it. When faced with Ultron's entire army, Iron Man repeated Captain America's words about stopping him together, and they engaged in a intense battle, managing to wipe out the oncoming sentries.
When Ultron joined in the fight, Vision used the Mind Stone to blast him down, and was joined by Iron Man and Thor to use their combined blasts, seriously damaging Ultron. When they stopped blasting Ultron, Hulk punched the AI, sending him flying far away. However, this caused Ultron to land near the Quinjet, allowing him to hijack it. With Scarlet Witch protecting the core, the Avengers then went to help with the evacuation and then get onto the Lifeboats.
A few sentries remained, so Vision assisted War Machine in destroying all of them. As Black Widow attempted to calm down Hulk, Ultron fired upon them, and then went to kill Hawkeye. However, Quicksilver saw this and used his speed to save his new teammate, sacrificing his own life. Once Hulk got Black Widow to safety, he went after Ultron, throwing him out of the Quinjet.
Iron Man made his way below the city to the core, telling Thor to return to the church to help him overload it. Scarlet Witch left her position to get revenge on Ultron, ripping his heart out, allowing a sentry to activate the core. As the city dropped, Iron Man and Thor destroyed the core, exploding the city. The Avengers were able to get to safety, Vision managed to destroy the last sentry, and Hulk flew away in the Quinjet.
The New Team
After Ultron's defeat, the original Avengers were no more. Hulk went missing, Clint Barton officially retired and returned home to his wife and children, Thor returned to Asgard to research the Infinity Stones, and Tony Stark retired from active duty, choosing to just be a non-combative member.
With the help of Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Helen Cho and Erik Selvig, a new base, remodeled from an old Stark Industries warehouse, was established for the Avengers, located in upstate New York. With most of the team gone, Captain America and Black Widow invited War Machine, Falcon, Scarlet Witch and Vision to become full-time members of the Avengers, assembling at their new base.
When the facility was infiltrated by Ant-Man, who was instructed by Hank Pym to retrieve an old piece of Stark technology for their plans, Falcon went to deal with the situation. After confronting the intruder, the two engaged in a brief skirmish, resulting in Falcon's defeat. Falcon informed Black Widow that it was important that Captain America did not find out about his defeat. Falcon then put word on the street that he was looking for Ant-Man.
With many destroyed Ultron Sentries from the Battle of Sokovia, HYDRA collected many of the parts and took them to an undisclosed location in Eastern Europe, where they used the parts to create the Ultimo. HYDRA then used the Ultimo to attack a small village. The Avengers reacted to the attack and destroyed Ultimo.
Once the Avengers finally tracked Crossbones to Lagos, Nigeria, Captain America led a covert mission to apprehend him with Black Widow, Falcon and Scarlet Witch. As Captain America waited in a building and Falcon scouted the area from a roof with Redwing, Black Widow continued her training with Scarlet Witch as they sat in a café, trying to figure out Crossbones' plans.
After Falcon detected that a garbage truck was going to be used to attack the Institute for Infectious Diseases, the Avengers left their positions as Crossbones and his mercenaries infiltrated the building. Captain America, Falcon and Scarlet Witch arrived and fought against the mercenaries as well as clearing the gas. Captain America entered the building, as the other two stayed in the fight, discovering that Crossbones had stolen a biological weapon.
Black Widow made her way to stop the mercenaries, defeating a group of them out, but some of them split up through the market with the bio weapon. Falcon and Black Widow dealt with the mercenaries, and after a brief standoff, they retrieved the bio weapon. At the same time, Captain America was attacked by Crossbones, but he managed to hold his own, and ended up defeating him after a heated brawl. However, as Captain America confronted Crossbones, he was caught off guard when he mentioned Bucky Barnes, allowing Crossbones to set off his bomb vest. Scarlet Witch was able to contain the blast, but was unable to get it clear in time, causing it to go off next to a building, killing many of its occupants.
The Avengers returned to the New Avengers Facility, where a month later, the tragic outcome of their mission was still being discussed, with people like King T'Chaka claiming that the Avengers caused more harm than they tried to prevent. The Avenger that felt the most guilt over the deaths was Maximoff, who believed it to be her fault. Rogers attempted to comfort Maximoff, stating that he was distracted from spotting the bomb, but they both took the blame. Rogers went on to explain how even though they tried to save as many people as they could, sometimes they weren't able to, but they had to learn how to live with it. Vision then entered to inform them of Tony Stark and Thaddeus Ross' arrival.
The Sokovia Accords
- "For the past four years, you operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution. The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries. It states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization."
- ―Thaddeus Ross[src]
The Avengers then gathered in the conference room with Tony Stark, as they listened to Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross acknowledge their efforts to save the world multiple times, but addressed the fact that there were some who saw them as vigilantes, and not heroes.
After Ross expressed his concern for the immense power with seemingly unlimited restrictions the Avengers had, he showed them footage of the destruction and death that was left in the aftermath of the Avengers' battles in New York, Washington D.C., Sokovia and Lagos. Ross then explained that the world's governments could no longer tolerate the lack of supervision, so they instated the Sokovia Accords, so the Avengers would operate under the United Nations.
Steve Rogers expressed that the Avengers had been keeping the world safe, but Ross brought up that none of them knew the locations of Thor or Bruce Banner, which was a concern for him. Ross assured them that the Sokovia Accords were the best scenario for them, and that it would be ratified in three days by the United Nations in Vienna. As Ross went to let them talk amongst themselves, Natasha Romanoff asked what would happen if they decline, which he answered that they would be forced to retire.
Once Ross left, the Avengers and Stark moved to the lounge area to further discuss the Sokovia Accords, a matter that they were all divided on whether they should sign or not. James Rhodes, who was for the Accords due to its severity and support, argued with Sam Wilson, who was against them, being cautious of what would happen to them.
Vision interrupted, detailing that since Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of enhanced people and world-ending threats have grown, which can result in catastrophe, concluding that he too was also for the Accords. Romanoff then addressed Stark's unusual silence, which Rogers noted was because he'd already made up his mind to sign the Accords. Stark proceeded to tell the Avengers about Charlie Spencer, a kid who was killed during their fight against Ultron in Sokovia, leading to him stating that they needed to be put in check.
However, Rogers argued that by signing the Accords, they were giving up by not taking responsibility for their actions. Rhodes objected, commenting that in this instance they were dealing with the United Nations, not just any other organisation, but Rogers voiced that it was led by people whose agendas may change. Stark reflected on how he chose to shut down his weapons manufacturing, which Rogers added was his own choice, and by signing, they were giving up their right to choose, seeing that they were the ones best qualified to deal with their problems.
However, Stark made it clear that if they didn't willingly agree to the Accords, more drastic measures would be taken, which Wanda Maximoff feared would involve her being targeted, although Vision stated they'd protect her. Romanoff voiced agreement with Stark, not wanting to have anything bad happen to them. After Rogers left, the discussion was ended, with Stark, Romanoff, Rhodes and Vision for, Rogers and Wilson against, and Maximoff undecided.
After the funeral for Peggy Carter, Romanoff, who came to comfort Rogers, updated him on who had signed, also mentioning how she contacted former Avenger Clint Barton, who stated that he was retired, clearing him from needing to sign. Seeing the struggle within Rogers, Romanoff told him that staying together was more important than how they stayed together, wanting him to also sign. However, Rogers was unable to sign, along with Wilson, not knowing what they would be giving up by doing so.
Home Falling Apart
In Vienna, the United Nations and Natasha Romanoff convened to approve the Sokovia Accords. However, during the conference, a bomb was set off outside the building, killing the king of Wakanda, which the authorities suspected Bucky Barnes to be responsible for. Steve Rogers, who had retired, called Romanoff, telling her he had decided to go after Barnes, despite her warnings to stay out of the situation.
Rogers enlisted the help of the also retired Sam Wilson, and they were given a lead from Sharon Carter on where to find Barnes. After Rogers spoke with Barnes in Bucharest, a chase ensued between Barnes, the GSG 9 and a man in a cat suit, who attacked him, with Rogers behind them, and Wilson providing support. The chase came to an end when they were all surrounded by the GSG 9 and War Machine, who came to arrest them, as they violated the Accords.
Back at the New Avengers Facility, Vision was assigned by Tony Stark to watch over Wanda Maximoff and keep her confined to the compound, in fear of another public incident involving her, due to what happened in Lagos. After Vision cooked for Maximoff, the two talked about how the Mind Stone impacted their lives, until she discovered what he was asked to do when trying to leave.
Along with Barnes' arrest, Rogers and Wilson were taken to the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre Building in Berlin, where they spoke with T'Challa, who wanted to kill Barnes after the death of his father. Once they arrived, they met Everett Ross, who confiscated Rogers' shield and Wilson's wings, as they regrouped with Romanoff and Stark, who stopped them from being prosecuted.
Stark spoke with Rogers privately to try to convince him to sign the Accords, something Rogers didn't want to be an issue for, but due to his nature, couldn't resist helping in a situation. Stark assured Rogers that nothing had happened that couldn't be undone, so long as he signed, and Rogers became open to doing so, with some safeguards in place. However, when Stark mentioned that Maximoff was confined to the compound, it immediately stopped Rogers from agreeing, leading to the two to argue. Stark attempted to convince Rogers he was doing it for the betterment of the Avengers, although Rogers didn't see it that way, and refused to sign.
The Avengers, separated by who had signed, watched as Barnes was questioned by a psychiatrist until a power outage occurred, so Rogers and Wilson rushed to the holding room, as Stark searched for the cause of the outage. Rogers and Wilson found the psychiatrist, who they realized was responsible for the bombing, but before they could interrogate him, Barnes attacked them, having been activated. After throwing down Wilson, Barnes fought Rogers until he defeated him and proceeded to make his escape. When Wilson awoke, he noticed the psychiatrist also escaping, so he chased after him, but he got away.
As Barnes continued to make his escape, Stark, Romanoff and Carter went to stop him. However, all three of them were quickly defeated by Barnes, but were soon saved by T'Challa, although Barnes still managed to get away from them. When Barnes managed to get to a helicopter, Rogers arrived and was able to stop him from leaving, which resulted in the two falling into the water, where Rogers took Barnes, met up with Wilson, and went underground.
Once Barnes awoke, he told Rogers and Wilson that the psychiatrist wanted to know about the HYDRA Siberian Facility, where the other Winter Soldiers were located. Rogers and Wilson decided to not inform Stark of this, now being on their own because of the Accords, so they decided to form a new team to help them. Meanwhile, Thaddeus Ross tasked Stark with hunting Rogers and his team with Romanoff, who enlisted the help of T'Challa, while Stark recruited the teenage vigilante Peter Parker, as they were short on support.
Not being able to personally recruit his team, Rogers contacted retired Avenger Clint Barton to do it for him, as well as joining in the fight. Barton started with rescuing Maximoff from the compound and Vision's protection. After luring Vision away, Barton infiltrated the compound and tried to leave with Maximoff. However, they were stopped by Vision, so Barton fought him, but was overpowered, until Maximoff stepped in and used her powers to defeat Vision.
Barton and Maximoff then left the compound and went to recruit Scott Lang, who Wilson previously encountered. Keeping a low profile, Rogers, Wilson and Barnes met up with Carter, who provided them with their gear to help them in their fight. They then joined up with Barton and Maximoff at Leipzig-Halle Airport, who introduced them to Lang. Rogers informed Lang that by helping them he would become wanted by the government, but he accepted anyway. After Barton told them about a helicopter he set up for them, they heard the airport being evacuated, leading to them realizing that Stark had found them, so they all suited up.
As Captain America approached the helicopter, it was disabled by Iron Man, who confronted him along with War Machine. As Captain America tried to explain the Winter Soldier's innocence, he was soon surrounded when Black Panther, Black Widow and Spider-Man appeared. Iron Man's side attempted to get Captain America to stand down, but he refused to give up.
Once Falcon located the Quinjet, Captain America was rescued by Hawkeye and Ant-Man, and the two factions began to fight, with Captain America's side trying to leave, and Iron Man's side trying to stop them. As Iron Man went after Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch, War Machine and Black Panther fought Captain America, Black Widow dealt with Ant-Man, and Spider-Man pursued Falcon and Winter Soldier.
When Captain America's side temporarily defeated Iron Man's side, they regrouped and headed for the Quinjet. But before they could get there, they were stopped by Vision, who fired a blast in front of them. The rest of Iron Man's side regrouped and stood opposite of their former allies, telling them once more to stand down. However, Captain America gave the order to fight, so the two factions charged at each other.
During the massive fight, Black Widow and Hawkeye reunited, assuring each other that they were still friends despite being on opposite sides. Not being the best combatant, Scarlet Witch focused on providing support to her team, saving them from being defeated with her powers. Captain America met Spider-Man, who was informed by Iron Man who to fight him, but Captain America was able to best him. When Falcon was being chased by Iron Man, Hawkeye saved him, by firing Ant-Man on one of his arrows.
When Captain America's side realized that the psychiatrist would be in Siberia, Falcon told Captain America and Winter Soldier to leave, as Hawkeye explained that some of them would have to lose so they could also get to Siberia. Once Ant-Man turned giant, he distracted Iron Man's side along with Falcon, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch so Captain America and Winter Soldier could get to the Quinjet. Vision realized it was a distraction, and attempted to stop the two from escaping, but Scarlet Witch was able to get them to the hangar.
Having succeeded in getting them to the Quinjet, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man were soon defeated and arrested by Iron Man's side. When Captain America and Winter Soldier made it to the Quinjet, they were confronted by Black Widow who was waiting for them. Knowing that they would never stop, Black Widow decided to change sides and help them, as she immobilized Black Panther before he could get to them, stating that she only promised to help find them, not capture them.
As the Quinjet departed from the airport, Iron Man and War Machine pursued them, so Falcon went after them. Noticing Falcon, War Machine asked Vision for support, but because he was distracted by Scarlet Witch, he missed and accidentally hit War Machine's Arc Reactor. This caused War Machine to fall from the sky, so Iron Man and Falcon went after him, letting the Quinjet escape. They were unable to save War Machine, but he managed to survive.
Tony Stark and Vision brought James Rhodes back to the New Avengers Facility to be examined. When Natasha Romanoff arrived, she and Stark went outside and talked about her betrayal, which Stark informed Romanoff that the government would be coming after her now, forcing her to go on the run.
Having learned about Helmut Zemo from F.R.I.D.A.Y., Stark realized that Steve Rogers was right, and decided to visit Rogers' teammates who were imprisoned in the Raft. Upon entering the Raft, Stark was greeted by taunts from Clint Barton, who was angry at him for having them all marked as criminals. The two former teammates argued about the Sokovia Accords, which Stark tried to defend himself, but Barton's trust for him was broken, so Stark walked away from him.
Knowing that Sam Wilson knew of where Rogers and Bucky Barnes were heading, Stark moved to his cell, asking for their location. But, Wilson refused to help Stark, until he admitted that he was wrong, revealing to him what he discovered about Zemo. Wilson then decided to tell Stark that they were going to the HYDRA Siberian Facility, and that he would have to go there as a friend only, which Stark agreed to, and then left the Raft, lying to Thaddeus Ross.
Meanwhile, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes arrived at the facility and began searching for Helmut Zemo, until they were joined by Tony Stark, who revealed that he believed them and was there for Zemo, too, so they searched together. They soon found Zemo, who revealed he killed all the Winter Soldiers, explaining he didn't want them, but wanted revenge on the Avengers for his family's deaths during the Battle of Sokovia.
Zemo, stating how an empire can be rebuilt if destroyed by its enemies, but that if it crumbles from within it is dead for good. He then showed them a video from 1991, revealing to Stark that Barnes, while under HYDRA's control, killed his parents. Enraged by this, Stark demanded Rogers to tell him if he knew all along, which he admitted to, causing Stark to attack him and proceed to attempt to kill Barnes. Rogers desperately tried to stop Stark from killing Barnes, as the three fought, explaining that Barnes wasn't in control of actions, but Stark didn't care for what he had to say.
When the fight moved to the lower levels of the facility, both leaders were determined to not stop, so they began to fight each other, as Barnes rejoined them and helped Rogers. The three fought viciously, until Stark defeated Barnes by destroying his metal arm, leaving the fight between Stark and Rogers. The fight ended with Rogers defeating Stark, and as he walked away with Barnes, he left his shield behind, after Stark claimed he didn't deserve it.
After Helmut Zemo's arrest, Tony Stark returned to the New Avengers Facility, where the remaining Avengers were himself, James Rhodes and Vision. Stark gave Rhodes leg braces to help him walk, and as Stark helped with his rehabilitation, Rhodes commented on how even after his injury and the falling out, he still agreed with the Sokovia Accords.
Stark received a letter and phone from Steve Rogers, explaining that he was sorry for the recent events and wished they agreed on the Sokovia Accords. Also in the letter, Rogers promised that if Stark ever needed him, he would be there, and at the same time, Stark was notified of a breach inside the Raft. This breach was Rogers, who couldn't let those who supported him stay locked up, so he freed Sam Wilson, Clint Barton, Wanda Maximoff and Scott Lang.
The group, who were all fugitives now, celebrated their freedom, with Barton expressing that he was going back into retirement for good this time to be with his family. To do this, Barton made a deal with the FBI to be put under house arrest, instead of being imprisoned. Whereas, Rogers, Wilson and Maximoff decided to go on the run, with Maximoff frequently meeting up with Vision secretly, so they could be together. Meanwhile, Rogers and Wilson continued to conduct vigilante missions together, and they were later joined by Natasha Romanoff, who was also on the run.
Offering Spider-Man a Place
Following his experience with the Avengers, Peter Parker continued helping the people of New York City, hoping that he would eventually be offered by Tony Stark to join the team. Stark was impressed by Parker stopping Vulture all on his own, and finally offered him to join the Avengers, as well as a new suit. However, Parker declined the offer and the suit, claiming that he should stick to helping the ordinary civilians and learn more before joining.
Over the course of several months, Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson and Natasha Romanoff would continue to operate under the radar, dealing with multiple cases, in aim to eliminate crime and terrorism around the world. After a mission in Syria to stop ISIS from using Chitauri fueled weapons, the team were reunited with Nick Fury, who tried to get them to work things out with Tony Stark, but they declined and continued their secret missions.
Maria Hill's Visit
At the New Avengers Facility, Tony Stark, who was now feeling guilty for becoming distracted from the real threats coming to Earth, began work on a new suit that could be used by him to defend the world by himself. Stark considered reaching out to Steve Rogers with the phone he was given, but decided to continue his mission alone. While testing the new suit, Stark was visited by Maria Hill, who brought up Vision's frequent disappearances, as he was secretly leaving to be with Wanda Maximoff. After mentioning the Ultron Offensive, Hill then brought up the Avengers' falling out, and stated that the world needed the full roster assembled again, but Stark was reluctant.
Following Thanos' attack on the Statesman, Heimdall used the Bifrost Bridge to transport Bruce Banner to Earth. Falling onto the New York Sanctum, Banner warned Doctor Strange and Wong that Thanos' imminent arrival was coming. Tony Stark and Pepper Potts were talking about Stark's dream to have a baby, but were interrupted by Strange who called upon Stark and asked for his help. They explained the Infinity Stones to Stark in the Sanctum until they heard a sound outside. They saw the Q-Ship and were approached by Black Order members Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian, under the orders of Thanos to steal the Time Stone. The four fought the Order, although short-handed, as Banner was unable to turn into Hulk, despite his best efforts.
The battle caught the attention of Peter Parker, who was on a school bus returning from a field trip, felt danger and saw the Q-Ship off in the distance. With the help of Ned Leeds, Parker was able to sneak away with his suit to go help. Parker arrived just in time to save Stark from an oncoming attack from Obsidian. They continued together, deflecting all of Obsidian's advances until Wong was able to teleport him away.
Meanwhile, Strange was battling Ebony Maw in an effort to prevent the Time Stone from being stolen. However, Maw was able to gain the upper-hand on Strange immobilizing him in the process. Parker, despite his best efforts, was unable to save Strange and left him hanging on to the Q-Ship, which was heading towards space. It also caused Parker to run out of breath causing Stark to order F.R.I.D.A.Y. to activate the Iron Spider Armor in an attempt to parachute Parker away from the ship to safety, but was unsuccessful, with Parker stowing away on it. In the aftermath of the battle, Wong decided to stay to protect the Sanctum due to Strange's absence and Banner opts to call Captain America to help locate Vision.
While walking on the streets of Edinburgh, Wanda Maximoff and Vision noticed a news report regarding the Attack on Greenwich Village. Vision suggested that he would leave immediately, and just when he was about to, suddenly, he was stabbed by Corvus Glaive, in an attempt to extract the Mind Stone from him. Proxima Midnight also arrived to help with the extraction. Glaive demanded that Vision hand over the stone, otherwise they would kill Maximoff. After being cornered into a train station, the Black Order made their move to get the stone, when from the shadows, Captain America, as well as Black Widow, and Falcon (who had been called by Bruce Banner to locate Vision) came out of hiding to defend Maximoff and Vision. Getting the upper hand, the Black Order then retreated, in a failed attempt to secure the stone.
As Tony Stark attempted to locate Doctor Strange, he ran into the Cloak of Levitation and Peter Parker and became angry with the latter for disobeying his direct order to return home. However, Parker claimed that he could not stay as a "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" if there was no neighborhood in the first place. Relenting, Parker came up with a plan to defeat Ebony Maw and save Strange by having Stark blast a hole in the hull of the Q-Ship causing Ebony Maw to be sucked out while Parker saved Strange from sharing his fate.
While Strange suggested they return to Earth, Stark insisted that they maintain the course the ship was heading and to ambush Thanos. Strange then told Stark that if it came down between sacrificing the life of Stark or Parker over the Time Stone, he would for the good of the universe. Stark also appointed Parker as a member of the Avengers much to his delight.
With Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Spider-Man aboard the Q-Ship that was on auto-pilot towards Titan, they arrived and met the Guardians of the Galaxy who arrived because of Nebula's order to Mantis. The two groups mistook each other for being allied with Thanos and fought each other until the identity of the Avengers were revealed. They organized a plan to defeat Thanos, whose arrival was to get the Time Stone. Doctor Strange looked over fourteen million outcomes from the future and knew that they would've only won once.
Thanos arrived and were ambushed by the Guardians and the few members of the Avengers. They all each fought valiantly and ferociously against Thanos and managed to hold their own effectively, although they could not restrain and defeat him despite their capability of repeatedly keeping Thanos from closing his fist, making him incapable of using the Infinity Gauntlet, which was only brief as Thanos would quickly break out of any hold they attempted.
Eventually, Nebula arrived and managed to distract Thanos long enough that they all overpowered Thanos (albeit barely) and Mantis was able to hold Thanos into a state of immobility, while the others were trying to work on removing the Gauntlet. The operation was almost successful until Star-Lord, discovering what Thanos had done to obtain the Soul Stone, leading to Gamora's death, became enraged and started to react violently to Thanos; punching him, due to his anger. The reaction made Thanos go free of Mantis' hold and threw off many of the team, and then he threw one of Titan's moon aboard the planet which slowed others off.
Doctor Strange confronted Thanos on his own and used a couple of spells to attack Thanos, all of which were repelled effectively with Thanos' skill with the Infinity Gauntlet's powers. Eventually, Thanos defeated Strange after dispersing all of the mystical copies Strange conjured and stunning him long enough for him to put him in a choke-hold using the Power and Soul Stones. Iron Man then confronted Thanos, battling valiantly, to the point where Stark made Thanos bleed, but only found himself no match for the Titan, who crushed Stark's armor bit by bit and swiftly defeated him by stabbing him with his own nanotech-fashioned dagger. Strange bargained the Time Stone for Stark's life and Thanos teleports to Earth, in search of the sixth and final Mind Stone.
With Vision now a target of the Black Order and Thanos, Captain America decided the best place to protect him would be Wakanda. Whilst Shuri worked on a way to separate the Mind Stone from Vision and keep him alive, Captain America, Black Panther, Black Widow, Bruce Banner, War Machine, Falcon as well as M'Baku and his army held off the Black Order and Outriders. Black Panther was forced to open the barrier to stop the Outriders from getting to Vision leading to the battle. During the battle, Scarlet Witch decided to join and was able to kill Proxima Midnight, with help from Black Widow and Okoye.
Meanwhile, Corvus Glaive managed to sneak up on Vision and attack him, but he was saved by Captain America. However, the overwhelming number of Outriders made it difficult for the Avengers to contain, with many getting overpowered. Suddenly, Thor arrived at the battle from Nidavellir using a Bifrost Bridge, with his newly made Stormbreaker and his new companions Groot and Rocket. Reunited with his fellow Avengers after three years, Thor and Captain America remarked on each other's hair and beards. Bruce Banner used the Hulkbuster suit to kill Cull Obsidian and Vision impaled Corvus Glaive with his own weapon.
However, unfortunately for the Avengers, as soon as they had defeated all of Thanos' forces, at the same moment Thanos had acquired the Time Stone and arrived on the Battle of Wakanda to get the final stone. Seeing this, Vision told Maximoff it was finally time to destroy the Mind Stone along with himself, which she reluctantly accepted to do just as Thanos was effortlessly knocking aside the remaining members of the Avengers and Guardians that stood in his way. Captain America was able to hold his hand back for a short time before Thanos knocked him out with his other hand.
Maximoff was able to hold back Thanos just long enough to destroy the Mind Stone, however, Thanos, in possession of the Time Stone, was able to reverse her effects, bring both Vision and the Mind Stone back before killing Vision a second time and adding the Mind Stone to his Gauntlet finally completing his quest. It was at this moment that Thor, in a last-minute attempt to stop him and avenge his people and brother, launched a full-power assault at the surprised Thanos.
Thor managed to impale Stormbreaker into Thanos' chest and then twisted it as deep as he could into the Titan's chest, wounding and agonizing him, as Thor claimed he had kept his word that he would kill Thanos. However, the blow was not enough to kill or hinder the Mad Titan and he simply mocked Thor, saying he "should have gone for his head" before snapping his fingers and teleporting away. Thor stood in silence, realizing and lamenting what he had failed to do. Realizing they had lost, many of the Avengers started to disintegrate including Barnes, T'Challa, Wanda, Groot, and Sam Wilson and leaving the remaining surviving Avengers to look on in horror, unable to do anything but accept defeat.
Call for Help
Following the Snap, the surviving Avengers on Earth, completely defeated, returned to the New Avengers Facility to try to plan a possible retaliation against Thanos and if possible undo his actions. Along the way, they retrieved Nick Fury's Transmitter Pager in Atlanta, which apparently was sending a call to someone. As Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff were watching the casualties counter in despair and horror at the New Avengers Facility and commented on how nightmarish it was, James Rhodes informed them that the Pager had stopped working. The three asked Bruce Banner if he could make it work but he claimed that he did not understand what it was yet. However, Captain Marvel suddenly approached them, asking for Fury's whereabouts.
After the events of Thanos' Snap, Tony Stark and Nebula resorted to the Benatar in hopes of returning to Earth and reuniting with the Avengers. The Benatar only had a few supplies left since Stark and Nebula had been on the ship for more than twenty days. In case he would die in space, Stark recorded a message using his helmet for Pepper Potts explaining that he'll miss her. Afterward, Stark drift off to sleep as Nebula sympathized for him. Shortly after Stark fell asleep, he awakened by a blinding light emitted from Captain Marvel. After Captain Marvel found Stark and Nebula's ship, she brings it back to the New Avengers Facility on Earth. Over in the middle of the field, Stark exited out of the ship and was reunited with Steve Rogers, Pepper Potts, and the rest of the Avengers while Nebula sat with Rocket Raccoon on the Benatar.
Inside the facility, the Avengers briefed Stark that it had been twenty-three days since Thanos showed up on Earth and completed his mission in wiping out half of all life the universe. Despite their best attempts, no one could locate Thanos' current whereabouts. Weakened by his deprived state, Stark collapsed and was given a sedative to recover. Eventually, the Avengers were able to discover Thanos' location by tracing the Infinity Stones' energy signature and decided to retrieve the Stones so they could undo Thanos' decimation. 
After discovering where Thanos had been after the Snap, the Avengers planned an ambush attack against him to recover the Infinity Stones and reverse what Thanos did. The Avengers used the Benatar to travel to the Garden, which was the planet that Thanos was on. After a reconnaissance by Captain Marvel, the Avengers landed on the planet and located Thanos' new home. They ambushed him and Thor sliced off his hand that held the Infinity Gauntlet with Stormbreaker. Unfortunately, the Infinity Stones were not on the Gauntlet, forcing Captain America to question the whereabouts of the Stones. Thanos replied that once the Snap was complete, the Stones had no purpose and that he had reduced the Stones to atoms. This forced Thor to slice off Thanos' head and the Avengers returned back to Earth.
Over the span of five years, having been unable to reverse the effects of the Snap, the Avengers were forced to live on as the survivors of the universe and could only help Earth preserve against the catastrophic losses, the rate of recovery being slow, with Captain Marvel, Rocket, Okoye and Nebula joining and also extending their campaign of help in restoring what they could to the rest of the universe. Two members of the original Avengers, Iron Man and Thor, had left, Thor establishing New Asgard and soon living in depression and guilt while Iron Man marrying Pepper Potts and becoming a father to his daughter Morgan Stark, while Captain America, Black Widow and War Machine remained with the Avengers, Captain America running a support group to help the other survivors move on while Black Widow led the Avengers efforts to stabilize the world.
However, hope finally rose in the form of Ant-Man, who had been trapped in the Quantum Realm for 5 years since the Van Dyne and Hank were killed by the Snap. In a San Francisco warehouse, a rat accidentally walked over the controls of the Quantum Tunnel, which was housed in Luis' Van, and released Scott from the Quantum Realm. After being released from the Quantum Realm, Lang reunited with his daughter and went to the New Avengers Facility to find the Avengers. Once Lang found the facility, he discussed the Quantum Realm with Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff, explaining the physics behind the Realm and how five years had passed for the Avengers while it was only five hours for him and deducing the possibility of time travel to undo the Snap.
Shortly after, Rogers, Romanoff, and Lang went to Tony Stark, who was living with his wife and his daughter in a lakeside cabin. Lang explained the Quantum Realm's physics and how they could retrieve the Infinity Stones from past key events, but Stark doubted his efforts because of the risks that came with it. After denying to join them, the group went to Bruce Banner, who achieved balance between his human self and Hulk. Though happy to reunite with his teammates, Hulk was doubtful he could successfully achieve time travel with quantum physics as that wasn't his area of expertise and Stark's, but Romanoff returned the fact that they thought it was impossible for him to achieve this balance, ultimately convincing Hulk. Meanwhile, Stark was figuring out if time travel was possible, and it was.
A day later, Banner, Rogers, Romanoff, and Lang began running tests with Luis' van to test Lang's theory. After Lang appeared as a teenager, an old man, and a baby, this theory had been proven true but with no way to travel through time and only able to send time through a person, they still hit a dead-end. Stark arrived at the Facility later on and joined with the rest of the Avengers, handing Rogers his shield. Meanwhile, Banner and Rocket Raccoon went to find and recover Thor, who was the king of New Asgard, while Romanoff went to Tokyo to find Hawkeye, who became a vigilante. Both men went back to the Facility as Rocket began working on a quantum device while Banner, Lang, Nebula, and James Rhodes began working on a quantum suit similar to the Ant-Man Suit.
After a successful test run of the suit on Hawkeye, the Avengers began to plan out the recovery of the Stones by studying the locations of the six throughout recent history. They realized that three of the stones could be found in New York City, and two others were in space. The sixth could be found on Asgard. Separating into teams, the Avengers traveled back to various points in time: Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Hulk traveled to New York in 2012 during the Battle of New York; Thor and Rocket to 2013 Asgard; and Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nebula and War Machine to 2014 Morag, the former two then heading off into space to Vormir.
In 2012, Hulk made his way to the New York Sanctum, where the Ancient One is fending off the attacking Chitauri. After speaking to her, Banner is given the Time Stone, given that he return it to that exact point in time once its purpose had been fulfilled in the future. Stark, Rogers, and Lang infiltrated Stark Tower once Loki had been captured. Captain America followed S.H.I.E.L.D. agents as they took the Scepter away to be studied, and gained their trust by claiming to be part of HYDRA. Stark and Lang attempted to steal the Tesseract from previous versions of Stark, Rogers, and Thor, but it was instead stolen by Loki, who disappeared alongside it. On the hunt for the escaped Loki, 2012 Rogers found his future self. Believing him to be Loki in disguise, the two fought, with the future version eventually emerging triumphant. Lang and Banner returned the Time and Mind Stones to the future whilst Stark and Rogers traveled to S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters in 1970 to take the Tesseract and more Pym Particles.
Meanwhile, on Asgard one year later, Thor and Rocket found Jane Foster, whose body was housing the Reality Stone. Thor, distracted, spoke to his mother, who recognized that he was from the future. Rocket successfully extracted the Stone and the two returned to the future with it, along with a 2013 Mjølnir. In 1970, Stark managed to steal the Tesseract but encountered a past version of his father. The two talked, and Stark was able to gain closure on his childhood. Rogers became distracted with a past version of Peggy Carter after collecting the Pym Particles. He then met up with Stark and the two returned to 2023.
On Morag in 2014, Barton and Romanoff departed in the Benatar to fly to Vormir. War Machine and Nebula knocked out the past self of Peter Quill and took the Orb for themselves. As they prepared to return to the present, Nebula was incapacitated by alternate memories from another version of her, who was in Thanos' ship with Thanos and Gamora, leaving her alone in the past. Alternate Nebula takes present Nebula's head-plate and gives her Pym Particles to Thanos, and then travels to 2023.
Barton and Romanoff, on Vormir, spoke to the Red Skull about the Soul Stone. After a brief fight to sacrifice themselves, Black Widow jumped from the cliff and fell to her death. Barton woke up with the Soul Stone and returned to the future.
The New Gauntlet
As all of the Infinity Stones are gathered back into the present, the Avengers realized Natasha Romanoff's sacrifice to gain the Soul Stone. Tony Stark, Rocket Raccoon, and Bruce Banner began working on a new Infinity Gauntlet. After the creation of the Gauntlet was complete, Rocket asked who was going to be the one to reverse the Snap. At first, Thor proposed himself, but the Avengers held him back because they said he was not in shape. Then, Banner proposed himself saying that his body contained mostly Gamma Radiation.
Meanwhile, alternate Nebula began to sabotage the quantum device as Banner put on the Gauntlet. The Avengers began worrying for him as he channeled the power of the Stones through his body. Thanos' mothership appeared overhead as Banner snapped his fingers, bringing everyone who Thanos decimated back. Ant-Man guessed that it worked as he looked outside with Hawkeye receiving a call from his wife. Soon after, Thanos' mothership destroyed the New Avengers Facility, separating the Avengers, with the exception of Hawkeye, from the Gauntlet.
As Hulk, War Machine, and Rocket Raccoon struggled to survive under the rubble of the destroyed facility, Hawkeye with the Nano Gauntlet worked to escape from the Outriders that pursued him through the rubble and debris of the facility. Meanwhile, Iron Man and Captain America met up with Thor who observed Thanos sitting amongst the rubble, waiting. Knowing that they must keep the Gauntlet away from the Mad Titan, the three engaged Thanos in combat.
During this, Lang awoke and hearing that Hulk, War Machine, and Rocket were in need of help made his way through the debris to aid his teammates. Barton eventually managed to escape the Outriders just barely but was then confronted by 2014 Nebula who took the Gauntlet off of him and was prepared to execute him before 2014 Gamora and the current Nebula arrived to stop her. While Nebula and Gamora attempted to negotiate with Nebula's past self and encourage her to break free from Thanos, 2014 Nebula was still too frightened of her adoptive father to risk betraying him and attempted to shoot Gamora before Nebula shot and killed her past self.
Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America continued to fight Thanos, but even with their combined might and teamwork, the Mad Titan proved to still be formidable and continued to overpower them knocking out Iron Man by using his body as a human shield to protect himself from a blow by Mjølnir and nearly killing Thor with Stormbreaker. However, Captain America had proved worthy of being able to lift Mjølnir and managed to briefly overpower Thanos but was still outmatched as Thanos stabbed him in the leg and broke off most of his shield with his blade.
Just when all seemed hopeless as Thanos brought all of his forces to Earth with the goal of finishing off the remaining Avengers, the fallen heroes revived by Hulk's snap along with their own allies arrived to provide aid to the remaining Avengers with Doctor Strange transporting himself, Spider-Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Falcon along with numerous Masters of the Mystic Arts sorcerers, Wakandan soldiers, Ravagers, and Asgardians led by Valkyrie. United and determined to finally stop Thanos once and for all, they charged into battle against Thanos and his forces.
As the battle raged on, the Avengers came up with a plan to use the Quantum Gate housed in Luis' Van to return the Infinity Stones to their respective timelines so they could not only keep them out of Thanos reach but also keep the timelines from falling into chaos. The Avengers tried to get the gauntlet as far from Thanos as possible, but as soon as Scarlet Witch began to break Thanos' army, his mothership launched a bombing on the battlefield. Soon, Captain Marvel arrived and destroyed the Sanctuary II before taking the gauntlet from Parker and tried to return the Stones using the Quantum Gate.
As soon as Captain Marvel was about to reach the van, Thanos destroyed it by throwing his damaged sword at the van, sending a wave of energy that sent Captain Marvel flying back, leaving the Gauntlet vulnerable. As soon as the Gauntlet was dropped, Thanos and Stark raced to grab the Gauntlet, forcing Stark to push Thanos. Thanos beat Stark aside and was engaged by Thor and Captain America but despite nearly managing to kill Thanos, the Mad Titan managed to overpower and knock them out and after a brief altercation with Captain Marvel, threw her aside and put on the Gauntlet. However, Captain Marvel arrived just as Thanos was about to snap his fingers. Captain Marvel managed to overpower Thanos after a struggle of strength but Thanos used the Power Stone to send her flying. Soon, Thanos gained all the power within the Gauntlet, but as a last minute hope, Stark latched on to the Gauntlet hoping to get it off, but Thanos punched him off. Thanos, in his moment of pride, snapped his fingers.
Death of Tony Stark
However, much to his shock and horror, the Mad Titan found that nothing had happened and that the glove was empty before looking towards Iron Man who had managed to insert the Infinity Stones into his own Gauntlet and with the last of his strength proceeded to snap his fingers, eliminating all of Thanos' forces and Thanos himself who could only solemnly accept his defeat and he too disintegrated into dust. However, while the heroes had won the price came at a heavy cost, Iron Man, having been unable to withstand the Stones' incredible power, was fatally wounded. With his final breath, he talked to Spider-Man, War Machine, and his wife Pepper Potts who assured him that they were safe and that he could rest before he passed away as the rest of the Avengers mourned the loss of their friend and teammate.
Legacy of the Avengers
Everyone celebrated the Avengers after they were recognized for their duty in the Battle of Earth. Clint Barton returned to his family, Scott Lang returned to his, Peter Parker returned to his life reuniting with Ned Leeds, and the people of Wakanda celebrated. A few days later, a funeral was held for Tony Stark at his and Pepper Potts' lakeside cabin. Stark left a recorded message explaining how things should be in the aftermath of the battle and what the future should look like in raising Morgan Stark.
After the funeral, Barton spoke with Wanda Maximoff, explaining that he wishes that Natasha Romanoff was there with them so that he could tell her that they won. Maximoff replied that both Vision and Romanoff would know. Thor would make Valkyrie the new queen of New Asgard as he would go on to join the Guardians of the Galaxy, jokingly renaming them the "Asgardians of the Galaxy."
Steve Rogers planned out a mission to return the alternate Infinity Stones back to their original times with the help of Bruce Banner, Sam Wilson, and Bucky Barnes. After Rogers gave his goodbyes, he used a mobile quantum device and went back in time. The group thought that Rogers would come out as quickly as he went in, but he didn't come out. Instead, Barnes found an old man sitting by the cliffside who was actually Rogers.
Wilson went to talk with Rogers, who followed what Stark said about having a good life. He worried about the world without having Captain America, but Rogers passed the mantle of his shield to Wilson, who doubted his skills being up to par with Rogers at first. Wilson found out why he was old by looking at a wedding ring that Rogers was wearing. Rogers went back in time to finally give that dance with Peggy Carter.
The Avengers would go on to be once again praised worldwide for their heroic and victorious efforts in bringing back those who died to the Snap. Also, the fallen heroes were honored: Stark, Romanoff, Vision, and even Rogers, who was believed to be deceased. Eight months later, there was no activity from the Avengers, causing the world to grow concerned about their whereabouts or if they were even still around at all. Seeking answers from the person who would know, people began to ask Nick Fury, unbeknownst that it was actually Talos impersonating him while he was on vacation in space.
- Name: Steve Rogers
- Activity: 2012; 2015 - 2016; 2018; 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Steve Rogers is a World War II veteran and the team's leader. After Abraham Erskine's Super Soldier Serum transformed the frail Steve Rogers into the powerful and heroic Captain America, his amazing World War II exploits made him a living legend. He is considered to be the world's first superhero. Rogers destroyed multiple HYDRA bases, slowly crippling the organization. During his final battle with the leader of HYDRA, the infamous Red Skull, Rogers crashed a plane into the Arctic and was frozen in ice for nearly seventy years. He was eventually found by S.H.I.E.L.D. and resuscitated. Shortly after his revival, Rogers found himself alone in a modern world that he hardly recognizes. When Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D., called on Rogers to help save the world again, he quickly suited up as Captain America, taking up his iconic shield and bringing his strength, leadership and no-nonsense attitude to the Avengers in the Chitauri Invasion. After the team disbanded as a result of the Ultron crisis, Captain America formed a new lineup alongside Black Widow. However, he had to face against some of his members led by Iron Man because of Rogers' disagreements with the Sokovia Accords and defending the Winter Soldier. As a result, Captain America was tagged as a fugitive. Rogers returned leading the Avengers following Thanos' attack on Earth. He fought in the Battle of Wakanda in order to protect Vision's Mind Stone, but he failed when Thanos claimed the stone and wiped out half of the universe. Rogers left the Avengers afterward to console the survivors of Thanos' Snap, though still visited the Compound to do his laundry. Years later, Rogers rejoined the team to traveled back in time to reclaim the Infinity Stones in a series of time heists proposed by Scott Lang. Once the Snap was reversed after collecting the six Infinity Stones, he fought an alternate version of Thanos in 2023. In the battle, he proved to be worthy of handling the Mjølnir and commanded the forces of the Avengers and their allies. After the alternate Thanos' army defeat, he traveled to the past to return the Infinity Stones. Instead of traveling back, he decided to live his life with Peggy Carter in the '40s. In 2023, as an old man, he gifted Sam Wilson the shield.
- Name: Bruce Banner
- Activity: 2012; 2015; 2018; 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Bruce Banner is a graduate from Culver University who was hired by the military general Thaddeus Ross to develop a new variation of the Super Soldier Serum that brought Captain America into being. Using gamma radiation, Banner succeeded in his experiments, but the results were more disastrous than he thought as he involuntarily transformed into a monster known as Hulk. Now, fearful of the damage that Hulk could inflict, Banner chose to live a discreet life in remote parts of the world, working to cure the sick and help the poor while trying to elude those who would take advantage of his ability to change into the enormous, green menace. Unknown to Banner, Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. watched over him and kept hostile forces off his back, as Fury saw Banner's transformation as being a valuable asset to the agency's Avengers Initiative. Despite his chagrin, Banner aided the Avengers greatly in the Chitauri Invasion, and later became good friends with Tony Stark and worked with him numerous times. Together, the two created the artificial intelligence Ultron, initially as a peacekeeping program, only for the AI to go rogue and force the Avengers to assemble once again. In the ensuing conflict, Banner was declared missing in action during the Battle of Sokovia and was last reported as being on the Avengers Quinjet. After two years on Sakaar, Hulk was returned to Earth by Heimdall to warn the Avengers of the coming of Thanos. However, Hulk's disinterest in simply being used by Banner as a means to an end stripped Banner of his strength, forcing him to use the Hulkbuster 2.0 instead during the Battle of Wakanda. Seeking to solve his and Hulk's split personality after the Snap, Banner spent 18 months in a laboratory and was able to merge him and Hulk together, ending up in a body with Banner's mind and intellect, but Hulk's physical body and strength. After being sought out by the Avengers to build a time machine, he traveled back alongside Stark, Rogers and Scott Lang to the Battle of New York. After returning, he donned the new Infinity Gauntlet and resurrected those killed in the Snap. He later fought an alternate version of Thanos' army in the final battle.
- Name: Thor Odinson
- Activity: 2012; 2015; 2018; 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Thor is the heir of Odin, the former King of New Asgard. When Thor's headstrong ways nearly plunged his realm into war, Odin banished Thor to Earth as punishment, where his otherworldly antics drew the attention of S.H.I.E.L.D. While in exile on Earth, Thor learned humility and helped to save his new friends from a destructive threat sent by his jealous adoptive brother Loki. In the process, Thor redeemed himself in the eyes of his father, and attempted to confront Loki over his actions; the ensuing confrontation resulted in Loki's own exile. After being welcomed back to Asgard as a hero, Thor must now return to Earth once again to prevent a cosmic-level catastrophe. With Mjølnir, a legendary hammer with immense power, in his hand, the mighty warrior soon finds himself drawn into an unlikely alliance with Nick Fury's secret initiative, the Avengers, lending his power to their cause against Loki and his army. When the crisis with Ultron took place years later, Thor grouped with the Avengers again. However, once that ordeal had ended, Thor left his mortal compatriots once more, returning to Asgard to further understand his vision on the mysterious and powerful Infinity Stones. Following Ragnarök and losing his right eye at the hands of his sister Hela, and the Attack on the Statesman by Thanos, Thor went to forge Stormbreaker with Rocket Raccoon and Groot, and then joined the Avengers in the Battle of Wakanda, where he helped his fellow Avengers and Wakandan army to defeat Thanos' army and also made a failed attempt to kill Thanos. Embarrassed and plagued with guilt and depression, Thor retired to New Asgard, where he became a drunken alcoholic. Years later, Rocket Raccoon and Bruce Banner convinced him to rejoin the Avengers, and he participated in their Time Heist, traveling alongside Rocket to his home in 2013. He fought Thanos using both Stormbreaker and an alternate version of Mjølnir. After the battle ended with the death of Thanos and his forces, Thor appointed Valkyrie as the Queen of Asgard and joined the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Name: Clint Barton
- Activity: 2012; 2015; 2016; 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Clint Barton is an elite S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, codenamed as Hawkeye. A master marksman and specialist in archery, Barton has been assigned on various different missions and faced numerous dangers in his career; it was one of these missions that brought his comrade, Natasha Romanoff, into S.H.I.E.L.D. Before the Chitauri Invasion, Hawkeye was assigned by Nick Fury to keep watch over Erik Selvig while the doctor was studying the Tesseract; Hawkeye was subsequently brainwashed by Loki during the destruction of Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. and unwillingly aided him in setting up his invasion of New York. However, after the attack on the Helicarrier, he was freed from Loki's mental control and joined the Avengers to fight against Loki's alien army. After that, he continued to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. until its collapse, after which he then returned to the Avengers and assisted in bringing down Ultron. Once that threat had been dealt with, Barton chose not to remain with the Avengers and chose instead to return to his wife and children. However, Barton teamed with Captain America with his fight against the Sokovia Accords and its supporters. After the Clash of the Avengers, Barton and the others siding with Captain America went into hiding. While Romanoff went with Falcon and Captain America on secret missions, and Wanda Maximoff and Vision stayed in Europe, Barton went into house arrest. After the Snap, he sought out criminal gangs under the new identity of Rōnin. He was met years later by the Black Widow and joined her on the Time Heist to Vormir. Attempting to sacrifice himself for her, Barton was devastated when she saved him to kill herself. After collecting the Infinity Stones and using them successfully to revive those killed by the Snap, Barton fought in Battle of Earth with the rest of the Avengers and their allies.
- Name: Wanda Maximoff
- Activity: 2015 - 2016; 2018; 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Wanda Maximoff is a native of the Eastern European country of Sokovia who grew up solely in the company of her twin brother, Pietro after their parents were killed by the weaponry of Tony Stark's making. In an effort to help purge their country of warfare, the twins agreed to undergo experiments with the Scepter under the supervision of Wolfgang von Strucker's HYDRA cell, and achieved superpowers as a result, with Wanda attaining various telekinetic and energy manipulating abilities. In his mission to bring about the genocide of the human race, Ultron took great use of the pair, manipulating their enmity towards Tony Stark to serve his own needs. But upon learning of Ultron's true motives, Wanda and Pietro rebelled against the Android and joined up with the Avengers in the Battle of Sokovia, where Pietro was killed, leaving Wanda devastated. She later joined up with Captain America's second incarnation of the Avengers. Maximoff disagreed with the Sokovia Accords, causing her to fight against some of her teammates, including her love interest, Vision. She later went on the run along with her fellow teammates that opposed the Accords. She fought in the Infinity War, during which she was disintegrated when Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half the life in the universe. She was revived five years later by Hulk, who reversed the effects of the Snap by using the new Infinity Gauntlet and fought on the side of the Avengers in the Battle of Earth.
- Name: James Rhodes
- Activity: 2015 - 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: James Rhodes is a United States Air Force Colonel and military liaison to Stark Industries and a close friend of Tony Stark. He appropriated his Mark II Iron Man suit and had it modified by Hammer Industries into the War Machine Armor. During the government's alliance with the think tank A.I.M., Rhodes became known as the Iron Patriot to boost morale as he investigated alleged attacks by the terrorist group the Ten Rings until A.I.M. was exposed as being behind them and Rhodes resumed using the War Machine codename, which he personally preferred. Rhodes aided the Avengers during the Battle of Sokovia and joined the team in its second incarnation. Rhodes joined his friend Tony Stark and the Avengers who supported the Sokovia Accords and fought against those who were opposed to them, ending in Rhodes getting injured and nearly paralyzed. He eventually reunited and reconciled with his returning teammates and helped them in battling Thanos' army in Wakanda. He spent time doing recon work after the Snap and frequently spoke to Black Widow. He went on the Time Heist to Morag in 2014 alongside Nebula and retrieved the Orb. Rhodes fought an alternate Thanos' army in the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Sam Wilson
- Activity: 2015 - 2016; 2018; 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Sam Wilson is a United States Air Force veteran who was one of the test pilots for the EXO-7 Falcon flight harness, but after his partner, Riley was killed in action, he worked as a counselor for veterans in Washington, D.C., where he became acquainted with Steve Rogers. Rogers and Natasha Romanoff turned to his help when they discovered S.H.I.E.L.D. had been compromised by HYDRA, and he donned his wings again to aid in stopping Project Insight. Afterward, Wilson investigated the Winter Soldier's whereabouts on Rogers' behalf as he was preoccupied with leading the Avengers against HYDRA, before joining the second incarnation of the team. He stayed loyal to Rogers as they faced against Iron Man and his supporters on the Sokovia Accords, causing Wilson to go on the run with the rest of those who opposed the Accords. He fought in the Infinity War, during which he was disintegrated when Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half the life in the universe. He was revived five years later by Hulk, who reversed the effects of the Snap by using the new Infinity Gauntlet and fought on the side of the Avengers in the Battle of Earth. He is later named the new Captain America by aged Rogers, carrying his legacy into the future.
- Name: Peter Parker
- Activity: 2018; 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Peter Parker is a high school student and a superhero with spider-like abilities, fighting crime as his alter-ego Spider-Man. After receiving his abilities from a spider's bite, Parker chose to protect Queens from crime with his powers, juggling all of his superhero duties and the demands of his high school life. Despite his best efforts to keep his identity secret from the world, he was found and recruited by Tony Stark in the Avengers Civil War, while gaining a new suit and technology in exchange for his help. Following the Clash of the Avengers, Stark allowed Parker to keep the suit for his time as Spider-Man. Parker forged a reputation for himself in New York City and became a well-known local hero. He later stumbled into a group of criminals led by the Vulture, who were creating advanced weapons from stolen Chitauri technology, and went on a quest to defeat their own leader in order to prove to Stark that he was worthy of being an Avenger. Only after defeating Vulture did Parker discover the true responsibilities of a hero, so he decided to decline Stark's offer of membership in the Avengers, in order to continue being a "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man." After he helped his mentor in rescuing Doctor Strange from Ebony Maw, Stark made Parker an official Avenger and the three fought alongside the Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat Thanos on Titan. Thanos, however, managed to completely overpower them and head for Earth. He was disintegrated when Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half the life in the universe. He was revived five years later by Hulk, who reversed the effects of the Snap by using the new Infinity Gauntlet and fought on the side of the Avengers in the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Subject: 89P13
- Activity: 2018 - 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Rocket is a genetically-engineered raccoon-like alien species who formed an alliance with the Flora colossus, Groot. The two traveled the galaxy, stealing items to sell for cash, resulting in imprisonment twenty-two times. During the Quest for the Orb, Rocket and Groot joined forces with Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax to form the Guardians of the Galaxy. This group defeated Ronan the Accuser, who had been sent by Thanos to steal the Power Stone. Four months later, the group met Peter Quill's father Ego the Living Planet. After hearing of Ego's decision to take over the Universe, Rocket and the Guardians of the Galaxy joined forces with Ravagers Yondu Udonta and Kraglin Obfonteri, Gamora's sister Nebula, and Ego's servant Mantis to defeat him. Four years later, the group discovered the remains of the Statesman and Thor. Rocket and Groot joined Thor in his quest for a new weapon to kill Thanos. After building Stormbreaker with help from Eitri, the trio arrived on Earth to participate in the Battle of Wakanda. Rocket was one of the survivors of the Snap but had to watch Groot die again. He spent time doing recon work after the Snap and frequently spoke to the Black Widow. After helping Tony Stark and Bruce Banner build a time machine, he was sent to Asgard alongside Thor to the year of 2013, where he was able to extract the Reality Stone from the infected Jane Foster. Rocket was almost killed in the Attack on the New Avengers Facility alongside War Machine, but they were eventually rescued by Ant-Man. He survived and participated in the Battle of Earth before returning to the Guardians.
- Name: Carol Danvers
- Activity: 2018 - 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Carol Danvers is a former United States Air Force pilot, whose pilot call is the originator of Avengers' namesake, inspired by Nick Fury. She gained cosmic powers after being exposed to the effects of the Tesseract/Space Stone. She and Nick Fury teamed up to defeat the Skrulls' supposed invasion until they learned the truth behind the Kree's schemes in 1995, and the two departed once the ordeal was over. Danvers left Fury a pager for him to call her on in emergencies. Activated during the Snap, Danvers arrived on Earth to save Fury but was too late to learn he was amongst the victim of that event. Teaming with the Avengers, she traveled to the Garden and held Thanos down alongside Bruce Banner and War Machine. Once Thor killed Thanos, Danvers left to help guard the rest of the universe. During the next five years, she stayed in contact with Black Widow. In 2023, she arrived in the Battle of Earth and destroyed Thanos' ship, saving everyone below. She fought alongside the many allied forces of heroes.
- Name: Nebula
- Activity: 2018 - 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Nebula is Luphomoid and the adopted daughter of Thanos and Adopted sister of Gamora. From a young age, she was taken by Thanos and trained to be an assassin, where every time Gamora would beat her a piece of her body would be replaced by machinery, making her a cyborg. In 2014, she and Gamora were lent to Ronan the Accuser by Thanos, where she served him loyally. During the Skirmish on Knowhere, she took the opportunity to betray Thanos and Ronan. 3 months later, she assisted the Guardians in killing Ego. After she attempted to kill Thanos. he captured her, keeping her on his ship, frequently torturing her to find out where the Soul Stone was from Gamora. Unfortunately, Thanos sacrificed Gamora for the stone. During the events of Infinity war, she joined the Avengers to help take down Thanos after escaping from his ship. She assisted on the fight on Titan. During the Snap, she survived along with Tony Stark, but was trapped in space drifting endlessly in their ship for 23 days until Captain Marvel saved them both. During the year of 2023, Nebula teams up with War Machine, as well as Black Widow, and Hawkeye for the Power and Soul Stones in 2014. While Black Widow and Hawkeye splintered for Vormir to retrieve the Soul Stone, Nebula partnered with War Machine to seize the Power Stone before Star-Lord could get ahold of it. They were successful and returned the stone to 2023. Once the people killed in the Snap were bought back alive, Nebula fought in the Battle of Earth, where she assisted Rocket Raccoon and Ant-Man. The 2014 version of herself was causing lots of trouble, resulting in present time Nebula shooting her through the heart. She managed to survive the rest of the battle, continuing to join the Guardians.
- Name: Okoye
- Activity: 2018 - 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Okoye is the general of the Dora Milaje and head of Wakanda's armed forces. She served under King T'Challa's command and briefly under Killmonger's when the later rightfully took the throne by throwing T'Challa off a waterfall during ritual combat. However, when T'Challa returned alive and having seen Killmonger's despotic rule she rebelled against him with other Wakandans and helped T'Challa recover the throne. She fought in the Battle of Wakanda against Thanos' forces under T'Challa's command. Sometime after the Snap, Okoye became a member of the Avengers taking missions all over Africa and reporting directly to Black Widow. Okoye alongside a revived T'Challa, Shuri and Wakandan forces assisted the rest of the Avengers and their allies in the Battle of Earth against an alternate version of Thanos' army from the past.
- Name: Scott Lang
- Activity: 2023
- Status: Alive
- Description: Scott Lang is a former criminal who was convinced by Pym Technologies CEO Hank Pym to take up his mantle as the new Ant-Man. As Ant-Man, Lang fought against Darren Cross, Pym's protégé who became obsessed with Pym Particles and intended to recreate and sell the technology to terrorist organizations. While fighting Cross, Scott sends both him and Cross into the Quantum Realm but manages to come back safely, seeing briefly Pym's wife, Janet, in the process. He participated in the Clash of the Avengers on the side of Captain America, previously recruited by Falcon whom he encountered while helping Pym against Cross. However, having supported the illegal cause of Rogers, Scott ended up arrested and remained under house arrest after making a deal with Ross. Near the end of his sentence, Lang received a message through a dream from Janet and after discussing of this with Hank and Hope van Dyne agreed on helping them to make Janet return from the Quantum Realm by using a Quantum Tunnel. They had to deal with Ava Starr and Bill Foster in the process, who wanted to use the only chance to open the tunnel to heal Ava from a quantum disorder that makes her body phase uncontrollably. Having returned Janet from the Quantum Realm, Lang entered there once again assisted by the Pym family so he can collect quantum energy in order to provide Ava a cure. While doing this task is when Thanos' Snap happened, unable to return, due to the Pym family being among the victims. Five years later, Lang came out of the Quantum Realm by a coincidence without aging. He proposed the Avengers a series of time heists to recover the Infinity Stones and undo Thanos' deeds. Having succeeded, he fought with the rest of the Avengers and their allies against an alternate version of Thanos from the past in the final battle.
- Name: Pietro Maximoff
- Activity: 2015
- Status: Deceased
- Description: Pietro Maximoff was a man who was born in Sokovia with his twin sister, Wanda. When the twins were children, their parents died in a bombing involving Tony Stark's weapons technology. As the two grew up, Sokovia was caught up in constant war and strife, and the twins regularly took part in various protests meant to drive military forces out of their home. Wolfgang von Strucker, the leader of a secret HYDRA group set up in Sokovia, recruited Pietro and Wanda to take part in a series of tests involving the Scepter. The energy from the scepter transformed the twins, granting them superpowers. Pietro himself was gifted with superhuman speed, and his talents, as well as his sister's, led to their indoctrination by Ultron in his campaign against the Avengers. The twins assisted Ultron greatly for a time, before learning of his genocidal intents towards humanity; they turned against Ultron, deciding to instead help the Avengers stop him. However, Quicksilver was killed in the battle, shot dead protecting Hawkeye and Costel.
- Name: Vision
- Activity: 2015 - 2018
- Status: Destroyed
- Description: Vision was a powerful synthetic life form originally constructed by Helen Cho and then perfected by the deranged artificial intelligence, Ultron, using the power of the Mind Stone hidden within the Scepter. Ultron sought to make the synthetic's body his own, but fortunately, the body was claimed by the Avengers and perfected by Tony Stark, who uploaded into it the consciousness of his own AI, J.A.R.V.I.S., granting the synthetic life. Calling himself the Vision, the robot proved his faithfulness to the Avengers and assisted them as a last minute addition in the Battle of Sokovia. Vision himself was responsible for Ultron's defeat and remained with the Avengers when they were reformed by Captain America. However, the Avengers divided into two groups, after some of the members' disagreements with the Sokovia Accords. Despite his love towards Wanda Maximoff, he chose to fight her and the members who opposed the Accords. Vision was killed by Thanos in the Battle of Wakanda when Thanos undid Maximoff's destruction of the Mind Stone with the Time Stone and personally removed the stone from Vision, killing him again.
- Name: Natasha Romanoff
- Activity: 2012; 2015 - 2016; 2018 - 2023
- Status: Deceased
- Description: Natasha Romanoff was a former Russian spy and a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., the international counterintelligence agency that founded the Avengers, before it collapsed at the hands of HYDRA. Even in her short career at S.H.I.E.L.D., Romanoff has turned covert espionage into an art form. Armed with an extensive complement of high-tech weaponry and armaments, as well as a vast repertoire of martial arts and hand-to-hand combat training, Romanoff's skill-set seems to know no bounds. After Loki declared war on Earth, Romanoff joined the Avengers, despite not being applied to the initiative, and contributed greatly in the team's battle against Loki and the Chitauri. She and Captain America remained members of the team after the defeat of Ultron, recruiting new members under Nick Fury's counsel. Romanoff initially supported the Sokovia Accords but chose to betray Tony Stark, realizing the damage their fight against the Avengers opposing the Accords was causing. After allowing Captain America and the Winter Soldier to escape, she was forced to go on the run. She rejoined the Avengers following Thanos' attack on Earth and fought his army during the Battle of Wakanda. Shortly after Thanos' Snap, she returned to the New Avengers Facility with the remaining Avengers. After Stark's and Nebula's return, she and the other Avengers began plotting out a course to find Thanos and reverse the Snap. Having learnt that Thanos destroyed them, she went with the Avengers back in time to retrieve the Soul stone on Vormir with Hawkeye. They discovered what had to be done in order to retrieve the stone, so they both fought each other because they wanted to kill themselves for the greater cause. As their battle was coming to an end, Hawkeye was hanging on to Romanoff's arm and she finally sacrificed herself to help Barton obtain the Soul Stone. Thanks to her sacrifice, the Avengers could reverse the Snap and revive all others killed by it.
- Name: Tony Stark
- Activity: 2012; 2015 - 2018; 2023
- Status: Deceased
- Description: Tony Stark was a self-proclaimed eccentric genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist. After being abducted by the Ten Rings terrorist organization, who desired his company's weapons technology, Stark constructed a high-tech suit of armor that aided him in his escape. Shaken from the experience, Stark seeks to bring about world peace using other suits, each one more advanced than the last. His heroic adventures have brought him into contact with enemies, including Obadiah Stane, Ivan Vanko, Justin Hammer, and Aldrich Killian. However, his self-destructive nature and love for fame made his actions less than discrete and attracted the attention of Nick Fury. Stark reluctantly agreed to serve as a consultant to Nick Fury's peacekeeping intelligence agency S.H.I.E.L.D., and later teamed up with them and the Avengers to take down Loki during the Chitauri Invasion. Usually, when not on his own or with the Avengers, he teams up with his best friend and partner, James Rhodes. After the defeat of Ultron, Stark chose to semi-retire from the Avengers, choosing to become an active duty non-combatant instead, as he was shaken by his unwitting role in the chaos Ultron caused. His choice to side with the Sokovia Accords led him to fight against his friend, Steve Rogers, causing the Avengers to divide into two groups. Despite the team's disbanded following the conflict, Stark continued working for the Avengers, notably training Spider-Man as a potential member. Iron Man found himself teaming up with Doctor Strange and the Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat Thanos before he could complete his Infinity Gauntlet. However, they failed to do so and Stark was left alone with Nebula on Titan after the rest were disintegrated by Thanos. He and Nebula returned to Earth after Captain Marvel found them adrift in space. He reunited with Pepper and the rest of the Avengers and sought out to find the Infinity Stones after the discovery that Thanos destroyed them. He went back in time with Captain America and Ant-Man to find the Space and Mind stones. Once the Avengers found the stones and reversed successfully the Snap, an alternate version of Thanos from the past traveled in time and attacked the New Avengers Facility, setting off the Battle of Earth. Stark fought fiercely against Thanos' army and at the climax of the battle, Stark used the Infinity Stones to turn Thanos and his army into dust, at the cost of his own life. A funeral was held in his honor, mourned by the Avengers, their allies and friends.
- The formation of the Avengers at the hands of S.H.I.E.L.D. as portrayed in The Avengers follows the same premise as The Ultimates, a modern re-imagining of the Avengers within the comic book universe.
- With the exception of Black Widow and Hawkeye, the order in which the Avengers are introduced in the series follows the original founding lineup portrayed in the comics, although both of them become members later in different lineups.
- Despite forming alliances with the Masters of the Mystic Arts, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Nation of Wakanda, only members or former members of the Avengers were able to defeat the members of the Black Order during the events of Infinity War.
- ↑ Captain Marvel
- ↑ Iron Man Post-credits Scene
- ↑ Iron Man 2
- ↑ Thor
- ↑ Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant
- ↑ The Incredible Hulk
- ↑ Captain America: The First Avenger
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 The Avengers
- ↑ The Avengers Deleted Scene
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 10.7 10.8 Avengers: Endgame
- ↑ The Avengers Post-credits Scene
- ↑ Iron Man 3 Prelude
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.10: The Bridge
- ↑ 14.00 14.01 14.02 14.03 14.04 14.05 14.06 14.07 14.08 14.09 14.10 Avengers: Age of Ultron
- ↑ Avengers: Operation HYDRA
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.19: The Dirty Half Dozen
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Ant-Man
- ↑ Peyton Reed on Twitter
- ↑ Captain America: Road to War
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 Captain America: Civil War
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Avengers: Infinity War Prelude
- ↑ Spider-Man: Homecoming
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Captain Marvel Prelude
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 Avengers: Infinity War
- ↑ Captain Marvel Mid-credits Scene
- ↑ Spider-Man: Far From Home
|Captain America • Iron Man • Black Widow • Hulk • Thor • Hawkeye • Scarlet Witch • Quicksilver • Vision • War Machine • Falcon • Spider-Man • Rocket Raccoon • Captain Marvel • Nebula • Okoye • Ant-Man|