- "I swore that I'd give anything to save you. Then I hit the street... and I died. And there's nothing. It's just darkness. Then I heard a voice. It was asking me if I wanted a second chance, did I want to punish those who hurt my brother, did I want to avenge my own death. I answered, "Yes. More than anything, yes." And I was alive again. And you're right. There was someone there when I came to. But it wasn't a Good Samaritan. It was the Devil. Whatever was inside him, he passed it into me."
- ― Robbie Reyes[src]
The Attack on Robbie and Gabe Reyes was an attempt to murder Eli Morrow, planned by Joseph Bauer. Both Bauer and Morrow were obsessed with the Darkhold and Bauer hired the Fifth Street Locos to kill Morrow in a hit-and-run. The Fifth Street Locos instead mistakenly attacked Robbie and Gabe Reyes, who were driving Morrow's car.
Joseph and Lucy Bauer found the Darkhold, a book containing endless knowledge. Using it, the two set up an experiment to create matter from nothing. Eli Morrow grew greedy and wanted the Darkhold for himself. In order to prevent him from doing getting it, Joseph hired the Fifth Street Locos to kill him. 
- "Ordenar los puntos intermedios en un par de niños hace unos años? Dos hermanos, sólo niños navegaban por el barrio, Locos de la Quinta Calle enrollado, los rociaron con balas, encendió el coche en llamas y los dejaron morir!"
"Sí, recuerdo eso, también escucharon esos niños vivían bien?"
"Y uno de ellos nunca caminará!"
- ― Robbie Reyes and Santino Noguera[src]
One night, Robbie Reyes entered a street race in Los Angeles against a Fifth Street Locos gang member in Eli Morrow's car. He was caught stealing the vehicle by his brother, Gabe Reyes, and Robbie convinced Gabe to come along.
As they drove off, some Fifth Street Locos gangsters followed them in a van. While driving, Robbie and Gabe talked about their uncle not being himself due to difficulties at Momentum Labs, saying that his boss was insane. They also commented on how confident Robbie was in the upcoming street race.
The gangsters passed them and stopped in front of them at a red light. The Fifth Street Locos threw a molotov cocktail at them, setting their car on fire. Robbie put the car in reverse to get away from the van. A second car chased them, pulled alongside them and shot both Robbie and Gabe. Robbie lost control of the car and crashed in the middle of the freeway, flipping the car.
Robbie was thrown from the car and, before hitting the ground, he prayed that Gabe's life would be spared. Robbie died on impact, but then he heard a voice. The voice asked if he wanted a second chance at life and if he wanted to inflict vengeance on those that had killed him and hurt Gabe. He answered yes. Robbie was then revived. He saw a man arrive on a motorcycle and pull Gabe out of the burning car. The stranger then approached Robbie, revealing himself to be Johnny Blaze, a demonic being with a flaming skull for a head. Blaze touched Robbie, and transferred the Spirit of vengeance into Robbie, turning him into the new Ghost Rider, before disappearing.
Gabe's life had been spared, but his injuries left him paralyzed from the waist down.
Joseph Bauer, his wife Lucy, Frederick, Hugo and Vincent were all, through Bauer's experiment, transformed into ghostly entities after Eli Morrow attempted to kill them, leading to his incarceration.
During the South Ridge Penitentiary Riot, when S.H.I.E.L.D. and Reyes broke Morrow out of prison, Reyes found Santino Noguera, the sole surviving member of the Fifth Street Locos. Reyes unleashed the Ghost Rider, who incinerated Noguera in his cell as revenge for Gabe's paralysis. Robbie later revealed to Gabe that he was the Ghost Rider, telling him how Johnny Blaze had resurrected him from the dead.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.07: Deals With Our Devils
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.05: Lockup
- Translates from Spanish to: "Ordering drive-bys on a couple of kids a few years back? Two brothers, just kids were cruising through the neighborhood, Fifth Street Locos rolled up, sprayed them with bullets, lit the car on fire and left them to die!"
"Yeah, I remember that. I also heard those kids lived, right?"
"And one of them will never walk!"
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.06: The Good Samaritan
- Translates from Spanish to: "Who ordered it? Who?"
"My boys never told me, and never will, because after that day everyone of them ended up dead. Every single member of Fifth Street, burned."
"No, there's still one left."