A list of trivia related to Ant-Man and the Wasp.
References to Marvel Comics
- Characters from the comics adapted for the movie are Jimmy Woo, Ghost, Sonny Burch, Bill Foster, and Elihas Starr.
- Throughout the film, Cassie Lang expresses her wish to be a superhero like her father. In the comics, she indeed becomes a superhero with the names Stature and Stinger.
- As a recurring gag, Kurt calls Ghost Baba Yaga, as he considers it similar to the Russian boogeyman. In the comics, Baba Yaga is a character commonly associated with both Captain Britain and X-Men's Colossus.
- The return of Janet Van Dyne from the Quantum Realm, known in the comics as the Microverse, also ocurred during Avengers Vol #4 issues 32 to 34.
- Her look is also inspired by the outfit she sported during those issues in the Microverse, face mask and all.
- Scott Lang is referred to as Giant-Man by the news outlet. This alias, though not usually used by Scott, is his official codename in the Ultimate Universe.
- Scott being a part of a security company, is lifted from Nick Spencer's 2015 run of Ant-Man, where he hires former villains to be a part of it.
References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- This the first time Janet van Dyne makes a fully-fledged appearance after her brief cameo in Ant-Man.
- Bill Foster states the he worked with Hank Pym in Project G.O.L.I.A.T.H., which was mentioned in a deleted scene in Iron Man 2.
- Jimmy Woo, whose existence was first hinted in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Face My Enemy, makes is first appearance in the MCU.
- Scott Lang is in house arrest due to a deal with the government after the events of Captain America: Civil War
- This status was first mentioned in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Hank Pym and Hope van Dyne are fugitives due to the events of Captain America: Civil War.
- While talking with Hope, Sonny Burch says that both HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D. are gone, as a result of the events depicted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole.
- In the post-credits scene, Hank, Hope, and Janet are killed due to Thanos use of the Infinity Gauntlet in Infinity War.
- This is the second MCU installment to have both male and female co-leads and have the names of the two characters in the title, the first being Cloak & Dagger. Coincidentally, both products were released in 2018.
- The post-credits caption reads "Ant-Man and the Wasp will return?" (the first not to promise the further appearance of a character).
- This is the first film to feature Ant-Man but not feature Falcon.
- This is the first MCU product in which characters are killed on-screen due to the events of another product without being a flashback.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.