|For alternate versions of Alligator Loki, see Alligator Loki's Character Hub|
In his timeline, Loki was either born or turned into an alligator. One day, he reportedly ate a neighbor's cat and was detained by the Time Variance Authority for creating a nexus event which caused a detour from the Sacred Timeline as he was supposed to eat another neighbor's cat. He was then subsequently pruned and sent to the Void, where he met Kid Loki, Classic Loki, and Boastful Loki.
Meeting Alternate Selves
This section requires expansion
Alligator Loki accompanied Kid Loki, Classic Loki, Boastful Loki, and Loki back to their hideout underground, as they were keeping hidden from the Alioth. In their lair, Alligator Loki soaked in a water container while listening as Loki was caught up about them by the other Loki variants.
When Loki decided to leave them to pursue the Alioth himself, President Loki and his crew found Loki and the others in their lair. During the confrontation, Alligator Loki jumped up and bit President Loki's hand off. After Boastful Loki revealed that he gave President Loki their location, Classic Loki created a portal to escape. Kid Loki picked Alligator Loki up and hopped into the portal, with Loki following.
Shortly, Alligator Loki and the others were found by Sylvie Laufeydottir and Mobius M. Mobius. Alligator Loki listened inside a hut next to a campfire as Mobius talked with Classic Loki and Kid Loki about the TVA. Mobius was skeptical about whether Alligator Loki was a real Loki as he had never heard of an alligator variant of Loki and suggested he might be lying about his identity and playing the long game however, Mobius then noted that would be a Loki-like thing to do.
After Mobius was given a TemPad, he asked Kid Loki and Classic Loki if they wanted to escape the Void, but they, along with Alligator Loki wanted to stay behind. Alligator Loki and Kid Loki then said their goodbyes to Loki and Sylvie and set off, while Classic Loki stayed behind to assist the other two.
Alligator Loki is shown to be quite sensitive, attacking people who insult him, and is also shown to be intelligent, as he can understand human speech.
Powers and Abilities
- Alligator Physiology: Alligator Loki has the apparent physiology of an alligator, though he displays physical and mental traits well beyond the normal capabilities of that species.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Despite being an alligator, Alligator Loki is self-aware and capable of communication with other sapient beings. He displays enough intelligence to make plans, form alliances, and assess the merits and flaws of other people's ideas.
- Superhuman Strength: Alligator Loki was able to bite the hand of President Loki off (who was a Frost Giant and had superhuman durability), thus demonstrating strength far exceeding that of a normal alligator.
- Superhuman Speed: Alligator Loki has bursts of speed that allow him to briefly move much faster than a normal alligator, especially in very short lunges. He was quick enough to attack and maim President Loki (who had superhuman reflexes) before he could defend himself.
- Fangs: Loki possesses a set of extremely sharp teeth, capable of biting through the highly durable flesh and bone of a Frost Giant.
- Bilingualism: Loki is able to speak alligator and understand English.
- Horned Helmet: Loki possesses a golden horned helmet.
- Loki Palace: The Loki Palace is an underground hideout located in the Void that was inhabited by Classic Loki, Boastful Loki, Loki, and Alligator Loki. Alligator Loki escaped from the hideout through a portal created by Classic Loki after President Loki entered the Loki.
Behind the Scenes
- Alligator Loki was created for the Marvel Cinematic Universe by Loki head writer Michael Waldron. While discussing about including multiple Lokis in the show, Waldron suggested including an alligator Loki because of the alligator's green color.
- According to writer Eric Martin, Alligator Loki was inspired by Wally, a real-life support animal, who served as a visual reference for the character.