|For other uses, see Loki (disambiguation)|
|For alternate versions of Alligator Loki, see Alligator Loki's Character Hub|
In his timeline, Loki was either born or turned into an alligator. One day, he reportedly ate a neighbor's cat and was detained by the Time Variance Authority for creating a nexus event which caused a detour from the Sacred Timeline as he was supposed to eat another neighbor's cat. He was then subsequently pruned and sent to the Void, where he met Kid Loki, Classic Loki, and Boastful Loki.
Meeting Alternate Selves
|This section requires expansion|
As they made their way across the Void, Loki demanded an explanation for his current whereabouts, forcing Kid Loki to silence him to avoid being detected by Alioth. The variants proceed to explain to him the purpose of Alioth and the Void, which Classic Loki compared to a shark in a shark tank. Alligator Loki suggested they refer to the Void as an alligator tank but Classic Loki gently insisted that no such thing existed and that his explanation was a better metaphor.
Alligator Loki accompanied Kid Loki, Classic Loki, Boastful Loki, and Loki back to their hideout underground, as they were keeping hidden from the Alioth. In their lair, Alligator Loki soaked in a water container while listening as Loki was caught up about them by the other Loki variants. As Boastful Loki claimed that he killed Captain America and Iron Man before claiming the Infinity Stones, Alligator Loki growled while at the same time calling him a liar. In response, Boastful Loki retorted that his own Nexus Event wasn't as pathetic as eating the wrong neighbor's cat, provoking Alligator Loki into attempting bite his hand off, forcing Loki and Classic Loki to break up the fight and toss Alligator Loki back in his pool.
When Loki decided to leave them to pursue the Alioth himself, President Loki and his crew found Loki and the others in their lair. Classic Loki accused Loki of betraying them, only for Boastful Loki to reveal himself as the traitor with the intention of taking Kid Loki's Throne and President Loki's army. However, President reneges on his deal to take the throne for himself, only for his army to turn on him. Alligator Loki then jumped up and bit President Loki's hand off, sparking a brawl amidst the Loki variants. Kid Loki picked Alligator Loki up and fled through Classic Loki's portal with Loki following behind.
Upon exiting, Classic and Kid Loki lament that every version of themselves are doomed to self-destructive fates, Loki convinced them to help him fight Alioth. As they arrived at Alioth's location, Alligator Loki made a growl, which Loki assumed was a show of support before Classic Loki clarified that he was praying, as he feared they were committing suicide.
Shortly, Alligator Loki and the others were found by Sylvie Laufeydottir and Mobius M. Mobius; Sylvie was puzzled to learn of Alligator Loki. Alligator Loki listened inside a hut next to a campfire as Mobius talked with Classic Loki and Kid Loki about the TVA. Mobius was skeptical about whether Alligator Loki was a real Loki as he had never heard of an alligator variant of Loki and suggested he might be lying about his identity and playing the long game however, Mobius then noted that would be a Loki-like thing to do.
After Mobius was given a TemPad, he asked Kid Loki and Classic Loki if they wanted to escape the Void, but they, along with Alligator Loki wanted to stay behind. Alligator Loki and Kid Loki then said their goodbyes to Loki and Sylvie and set off, while Classic Loki stayed behind to assist the other two.
Alligator Loki is shown to be quite sensitive, attacking people who insult him, and is also shown to be intelligent, as he can understand human speech.
Powers and Abilities
- Alligator Physiology: Alligator Loki has the apparent physiology of an alligator, though he displays physical and mental traits well beyond the normal capabilities of that species.
- Superhuman Strength: Alligator Loki was able to bite the hand of President Loki off (who was a Frost Giant and had superhuman durability), thus demonstrating strength far exceeding that of a normal alligator.
- Superhuman Speed: Alligator Loki has bursts of speed that allow him to briefly move much faster than a normal alligator, especially in very short lunges. He was quick enough to attack and maim President Loki (who had superhuman reflexes) before he could defend himself.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Despite being an alligator, Alligator Loki is self-aware and capable of communication with other sapient beings. He displays enough intelligence to make plans, form alliances, and assess the merits and flaws of other people's ideas.
- Bilingualism: Loki is able to speak alligator and understand English.
- Horned Helmet: Loki possesses a golden horned helmet.
- Loki Palace: While in the Void, Alligator Loki lived in the Loki Palace next to Kid Loki, Classic Loki, and Boastful Loki.
Behind the Scenes
- Alligator Loki was created for the Marvel Cinematic Universe by Loki head writer Michael Waldron. While discussing about including multiple Lokis in the show, Waldron suggested including an alligator Loki because of the alligator's green color.
- According to writer Eric Martin, Alligator Loki was inspired by Wally, a real-life support animal, who served as a visual reference for the character.