Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
A collection of quotes from the television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- 1 Season One
- 1.1 Episode 1.01: Pilot
- 1.2 Episode 1.02: 0-8-4
- 1.3 Episode 1.03: The Asset
- 1.4 Episode 1.04: Eye-Spy
- 1.5 Episode 1.05: Girl in the Flower Dress
- 1.6 Episode 1.06: FZZT
- 1.7 Episode 1.07: The Hub
- 1.8 Episode 1.08: The Well
- 1.9 Episode 1.09: Repairs
- 1.10 Episode 1.10: The Bridge
- 1.11 Episode 1.11: The Magical Place
- 1.12 Episode 1.12: Seeds
- 1.13 Episode 1.13: T.R.A.C.K.S.
- 1.14 Episode 1.14: T.A.H.I.T.I.
- 1.15 Episode 1.15: Yes Men
- 1.16 Episode 1.16: End of the Beginning
- 1.17 Episode 1.17: Turn, Turn, Turn
- 1.18 Episode 1.18: Providence
- 1.19 Episode 1.19: The Only Light in the Darkness
- 1.20 Episode 1.20: Nothing Personal
- 1.21 Episode 1.21: Ragtag
- 1.22 Episode 1.22: Beginning of the End
- 2 Season Two
- 2.1 Episode 2.01: Shadows
- 2.2 Episode 2.02: Heavy is the Head
- 2.3 Episode 2.03: Making Friends and Influencing People
- 2.4 Episode 2.04: Face My Enemy
- 2.5 Episode 2.05: A Hen in the Wolf House
- 2.6 Episode 2.06: A Fractured House
- 2.7 Episode 2.07: The Writing on the Wall
- 2.8 Episode 2.08: The Things We Bury
- 2.9 Episode 2.09: ...Ye Who Enter Here
- 2.10 Episode 2.10: What They Become
- 2.11 Episode 2.11: Aftershocks
- 2.12 Episode 2.12: Who You Really Are
- 2.13 Episode 2.13: One of Us
- 2.14 Episode 2.14: Love in the Time of HYDRA
- 2.15 Episode 2.15: One Door Closes
- 2.16 Episode 2.16: Afterlife
- 2.17 Episode 2.17: Melinda
- 2.18 Episode 2.18: The Frenemy of My Enemy
- 2.19 Episode 2.19: The Dirty Half Dozen
- 2.20 Episode 2.20: Scars
- 2.21 Episode 2.21: S.O.S. Part One
- 2.22 Episode 2.22: S.O.S. Part Two
- 3 Season Three
- 3.1 Episode 3.01: Laws of Nature
- 3.2 Episode 3.02: Purpose in the Machine
- 3.3 Episode 3.03: A Wanted (Inhu)man
- 3.4 Episode 3.06: Among Us Hide...
- 3.5 Episode 3.07: Chaos Theory
- 3.6 Episode 3.08: Many Heads, One Tale
- 3.7 Episode 3.10: Maveth
- 3.8 Episode 3.11: Bouncing Back
- 3.9 Episode 3.12: The Inside Man
- 3.10 Episode 3.13: Parting Shot
- 3.11 Episode 3.14: Watchdogs
- 3.12 Episode 3.15: Spacetime
- 3.13 Episode 3.16: Paradise Lost
- 3.14 Episode 3.17: The Team
- 3.15 Episode 3.18: The Singularity
- 3.16 Episode 3.19: Failed Experiments
- 3.17 Episode 3.20: Emancipation
- 3.18 Episode 3.21: Absolution
- 3.19 Episode 3.22: Ascension
- 4 Season Four
- 4.1 Episode 4.01: The Ghost
- 4.2 Episode 4.02: Meet the New Boss
- 4.3 Episode 4.03: Uprising
- 4.4 Episode 4.04: Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire
- 4.5 Episode 4.05: Lockup
- 4.6 Episode 4.06: The Good Samaritan
- 4.7 Episode 4.07: Deals With Our Devils
- 4.8 Episode 4.08: The Laws of Inferno Dynamics
- 4.9 Episode 4.10: The Patriot
- 4.10 Episode 4.11: Wake Up
- 4.11 Episode 4.12: Hot Potato Soup
- 4.12 Episode 4.13: BOOM
- 4.13 Episode 4.14: The Man Behind the Shield
- "What changed?"
"Everything's changing. A little while ago, most people went to bed thinking that the craziest thing in the world was a billionaire in a flying metal suit. Then aliens invaded New York and were beaten back by, among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 50's, and a god."
"I don't think Thor's technically a god."
"Well, you haven't been near his arms."
- ―Grant Ward and Maria Hill[src]
- "Agent Hill did a very detailed assessment of your last three missions. Combat, top grades. Espionage, she gave you the highest marks since Romanoff. Under people skills she drew a... I think it's a little poop with knives sticking out of it."
"That's bad, right?"
- ―Phil Coulson and Grant Ward[src]
- "How will you come at us? From the air? From the ground? How will you silence us this time? How can you? The truth is in the wind. It's everywhere. You cannot stop the rising tide. You will not find us. You will never see our faces but rest assured—we will rise against those who shield us from the truth. And nothing--nothing can stop us in the... (Coulson and Ward break in) Hey. What up?"
- "Oh, Phil. You're not even aware. Your renewed idealism, your collectibles, your airborne man cave, surrounding yourself with young, attractive agents—you're having a mid-life crisis."
"More of an afterlife thing, really."
"And I'm not even going to mention the red Corvette."
"Her name is Lola."
"Of course it is."
- ―Camilla Reyes and Phil Coulson[src]
- "He's addicted to exploiting opportunities. He never gives a thought to the friends, ecosystems, future generations left ruined in his wake."
"Like Agents Fitz and Simmons, your former students? I've got them in my ear right now, telling me you're not a bad guy. We could've worked with you on this."
"S.H.I.E.L.D.? S.H.I.E.L.D. is just as guilty of the same thing! Experimentation without thought of consequence! Your search for an unlimited power source brought an alien invasion."
- ―Franklin Hall and Phil Coulson[src]
- "I called with an equally pressing question for you, my S.O... What are we supposed to do if we have to pee?"
"You broke protocol because you needed a bathroom break."
"It was a really, really long drive and everyone's nervous."
"There's a container at the bottom of the blue chest."
"Bottom of the blue chest."
(Simmons and Fitz go digging and pulls out an empty water bottle. She gives Skye a look)
"Not the *water bottle*."
"That's the one."
"Did you never learn the thing where boy parts and girl parts are different, and our parts aren't penises!"
"Coulson and I are trying to find a dangerous criminal, if there's nothing else pressing..."
"One more thing, Fitz wants to know if you packed any snacks."
"I'm feeling a bit peckish."
"Ah, Hello, hello? He hung *up*!"
- ―Skye, Grant Ward and Leo Fitz[src]
- "Go ahead, say it."
"I don't do petty."
" But you called it. I trusted my gut even though you said she was a risk."
"When someone breaks into my house, I usually don't invite them to stay. But that's me."
"That's me too. Then that alien staff when through my heart."
"Sure it didn't go through the brain?"
"You really don't do comforting either do you?"
- ―Phil Coulson and Melinda May[src]
- "Here's the new Night-Night pistol."
(Ward tries it out)
"Sorry, Fitz. It's close, but it's just not right."
"'Cause agent Coulson had no problems."
"It's an ounce too heavy."
"An ounce? Seriously?"
"It's the difference between success and failure. When you're on a rooftop with a 15-mile-an-hour wind, Your target is 500 yards away..."
"Yeah, but we do have a rifle."
"Lose the ounce."
"Yeah, okay. On it. "Lose the ounce"."
(Imitating Ward) "I'm Agent Grant Ward, and I can shoot the legs off a flea from 500 yards, as long as it's not windy."
(Skye laughs and Simmons Enters the Lab)
"So, Ward was here? Let me guess, the night-night pistol again?"
"Yeah, and he said it was off by an ounce."
"Of course he did. (Imitating Ward) I'm Agent Grant Ward, and I could rupture your spleen with my left pinky... blindfolded!"
- ―Leo Fitz, Grant Ward, Skye and Jemma Simmons[src]
- "What's Fitz doing over there?"
"He detected a strange energy coming off the body."
"It's the smell!"
"There's no shame in it Fitz, it's perfectly natural to be afraid."
"No, the only thing I'm afraid of is putrid decaying flesh corrupting my pristine workspace! Do you remember what happened the last time you brought a dead thing into the lab?"
"Oh not the stupid cat again, and it's our lab, not yours!"
"No, the cat. Tell him about the cat! You left it's liver next to my lunch!"
- ―Phil Coulson, Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz[src]
- "That's the best you could come up with, you got a bad connection?"
"I was pressed for time."
"Bold move. You know our chat wasn't exactly private."
"They never are."
"I don't know what happened to you in New York, if you really flat-lined or that's just what they tell us when we reach level 7; but whatever did happen doesn't give you license to disobey a direct order from HQ. You keep pulling stunts like that, someone might decide to take this little dream team away from you."
"I'd like to see them try."
"That doesn't sound like the Phil Coulson I used to know."
"No, I suppose it doesn't. Get used to it."
- ―Felix Blake and Phil Coulson[src]
- ""What the hell?"
"There are dogs tracking us, and you bring a prosciutto sandwich."
"I can't believe you just did that."
"This is a mission, not a picnic."
"Oh, I'm well aware it's not a picnic, Mr. Save the Day."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Oh, come on. You obviously get off on it; being the guy who gets to throw the last punch, who always swoops in to save the girl. And, now you've destroyed the world's most dangerous sandwich. Congratulations."
- ―Leo Fitz and Grant Ward[src]
- "Okay, let's see. Okay, we have two guards on the west wall. Both carrying automatic weapons. (another figure appears on Fitz's screen) Correction: There are now three guards. We have three guards now. (the figures start fighting) Oh my God, oh my God... Ward, he's attacking the others! He's coming straight for us! Ward? (looks behind him, and finally realizes that Ward is gone) What?"
(Ward comes out of the door) Hurry. Inside."
"Ahh. That makes sense now."
- ―Leo Fitz and Grant Ward[src]
- "In ancient times, people believe the heavens were filled with gods and monsters and magical worlds. Then, as time passed, those beliefs faded into myth and folklore. But now we know the stories are true. Other worlds, with names like Asgard, do exist. And beings once revered as gods, like Thor, have returned, leaving us with more questions, and... an enormous mess to clean up."
- ―Jemma Simmons[src]
- "You guys may think it's old news, but it's new... news to everybody else. So, Asgardians are aliens from another planet that visited us thousands years ago?"
"And because we couldn't understand aliens, we thought they were gods?"
"That's where our Norse mythology comes from."
"That's too crazy. Do you think other deities are aliens, too? Vishnu for sure, right?"
"You know, it'd be nice, if for once, Thor and his people sent down the God of Cleaning Up After Yourself. They probably have a magic broom for this kind of thing."
- ―Skye and Phil Coulson[src]
- ""It's not funny. I was sleeping peacefully. Very clever, Simmons."
"I-I didn't do it!"
"Oh, well Ward. I don't appreciate-"
"Don't look at me!"
"Ok, then Skye."
"Well who then? The bunks should be off limits! No, don't laugh! Because I know it was one of you!""
- ―Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons, Grant Ward, and Skye[src]
- "Edison Po, former Marine, expert in tactics and rapid response. Fell off the grid in '08, reappeared 18 months ago at a diner in Boston."
"Where he stabbed a friend's eyes out."
"With a steak knife and finished his meal."
"That's funny. Po doesn't look crazy. I'm kidding. The guy's a walking mug shot."
- ―Phil Coulson, Grant Ward and Skye[src]
- "They tried to take it off of me at the sci-ops facility. Realized they couldn't do it without killing me."
"I'm afraid we're terribly curious. How did they stabilize the Extremis in you?"
"And keep you from exploding?"
"Oh, that wasn't them. That was you two."
"Your gun. It somehow froze me right at the moment I was about to explode., helped my body absorb the serum, stabilize. Your weapon saved my life."
"All that, and it didn't even leave a scar, so..."
"Well, I should think not."
"Yeah, we couldn't have that, could we? It would be a shame if, especially if you're so, well, formed and symmetrical. (to Leo) Wh-when did you stop talking?"
"About three embarrassing sentences ago."
- ―Mike Peterson, Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz[src]
- "Evening, Doctor."
"You weren't operating on my heart. I know about Tahiti."
"I was afraid this day would come."
"Because of what I'd do?"
"Because of what I've done. After New York, you weren't dead for 8 seconds or 40 seconds or whatever they put in your file. You were dead for... days."
"It should be."
- ―Phil Coulson and J. Streiten[src]
- "You and Skye get comfortable with the students see if you can get them gossiping. Skye looks young enough to blend in."
(Slightly offended) "You're not exactly 'Old Man River' and Fitz looks younger than us."
"Time will come when you won't make fun of me for that. You'll be jealous. You'll be jealous, wrinkly, old hags."
- ―Grant Ward, Skye and Leo Fitz[src]
- "We were headed into the Hunan province of China.A senior agent had called in an 0-8-4. An object of unknown origin."
"We've dealt with those before."
"He said the entire village had died trying to protect this one. Avery and I were just fresh out of the Academy. And there was five of us just running the back end, until we lost communication with the first team. We went searching. We found the senior agent under a bridge. He he managed to escape with a gunshot wound to the neck, but he bled out. He was still holding on to the 0-8-4. Poor thing was covered in blood. We thought she was dead, too, but sh-she was just asleep in the dead agent's arms."
(Stunned) The baby? The girl was the 0-8-4?"
- ―Richard Lumley and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Agent Phil Coulson with SHIELD. We've never actually met, but I'm familiar with your work - all of it."
"So, this is a "getting to know you" call?"
"No, just a message that the first time your aircraft drifts over any country allied with SHIELD, we will shoot you out of the sky."
"So this is a courtesy call. Well, thank you, Agent Coulson. And I have a message for you. The Clairvoyant told me to say hello."
- ―Phil Coulson and Ian Quinn[src]
- "That's the thing about Skye. What I told her shattered her world. Her lifelong search led to stories of murder, and now it's too difficult to continue. Her search is over. Her story ends here. But you know what she said?"
"She said no... her story started here."
- ―Phil Coulson and Melinda May[src]
- "So are we British or American?"
"Does it matter?"
"Well we're traveling together, we should at least be from the same country. How's your Scottish accent?"
(In a very bad Scottish accent) I don't know. You tell me how great it is, laddie."
(in a flawless American accent) American then. That's a better idea."
"Oh. That was really good."
"I used to watch a lot of American TV growing up. Some of it's quite good. Lots of nice teeth."
- ―Leo Fitz and Skye[src]
- "I'm getting into character. My undercover persona harbors some residual resentment to her absent American father. Blames him for not being there when her mom died. So I apologize in advance if I come off a little cold."
"You think all that back story's necessary?"
"Past events, like that unfortunate incident at the Hub, have shown me that I'm *not* good at improvisation."
- ―Jemma Simmons and Phil Coulson[src]
- "All mom ever wanted was your love. To be with you! In our two-story Victorian home in the Cotswolds! But could you even give her a moment, what with your banking job requiring you to travel to the States from Tuesday to Saturday every other week? No! You may not have had any time for her, but you had time for your work... and your prostitutes!"
- ―Jemma Simmons and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Uh, sir? This probably isn't the best time, but what May told you I would have preferred it to stay between me and her."
"Well, "it" is happening on my bus, amongst members of my team."
"No, we've never... done - It's never happened on the bus, sir."
"You want to do this now? Okay. What you're doing is against protocol, so if you endanger an operation or if anyone gets hurt, I'll reassign you to Barrow, Alaska, and you'll spend the rest of your years pulling the night shift guarding Blonsky's cryo-cell. Am I clear? (Looks at Ward's face) I'll take that as a yes. And if it's really just sex, Ward you should get more comfortable using the word."
- ―Grant Ward and Phil Coulson[src]
- "The shots perforated her stomach and penetrated the large and small intestines. We resected what we could, but - there's been too much damage."
"So what's next?"
"We can keep her comfortable, but you'll need to make a decision on whether or not you want to keep her on life support."
"You're saying there's nothing to be done?"
"I'm saying you need to call her family. Get them here as soon as possible."
"*We're* her family."
"In that case, I'm very sorry."
- ―Jazuat and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Tell us about Cybertek and the Deathlok program?"
"Catchy right? Sounds like some wrestler from the 80's. What is it really?"
"Those are dangerous waters, and the last agent that waded into them wound up with two in the stomach.
"(Garrett smacks him)
"So... She's still alive?"
"Yeah. And you better hope she stays that way."
"Is that why you shot Skye? Because she saw what Cybertek delivered?"
"No. I shot Skye because that's what the Clairvoyant told me to do."
- ―John Garrett, Phil Coulson and Ian Quinn[src]
- "I don't know where director Fury is. Don't be so shocked. For a quiet guy you make a lot of noise. How many favors have you called in?"
"Clearly not enough."
"Something I can help you with?"
"Fine, but Fury is a high level agent who is off grid. You don't find him unless he wants to find you. You did something like that once too. Remember? I never asked you. How was Tahiti?"
- ―Jasper Sitwell and Phil Coulson[src]
- "You've visited other realms, seen different species, aliens. Have you ever encountered any that were blue?"
"Yes, of course."
"Uh, Interdites, Levians, Pheragots, Kree, Sarks, Centaurians. The Frost Giants tried to conquer your Earth a millennia ago, but Asgard drove them away."
"Oh. Well, thanks for that."
- ―Phil Coulson and Sif[src]
- "Ward said that the Clairvoyant knew how to push all the right buttons."
"Raina did that to me, too."
"Did she mention your father's death? (Gesturing to a file on a tablet) Your psych evaluation called it "a defining moment". These aren't just personality tests. They're surveillance on every agent pictures, stats, where you've been stationed, who you'd visit, where you'd like to eat."
"Dinners at the Richmond. He's been monitoring us. Think about it. The Clairvoyant only knew you'd be at Quinn's villa..."
"After I dropped a tracker. And the only thing he's had trouble seeing is what happened to you after you died."
"Because Director Fury wouldn't release that file to anyone."
"The Clairvoyant doesn't have abilities. He has security clearance. He's an agent of SHIELD."
- ―Skye and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Jemma. Thank God you're still alive."
"What? What's wrong?"
"The Hub still secure? Are you with your team? Get somewhere safe and lock the door."
"Have your commander report that the academy is under siege. We don't know how long HYDRA's been inside S.H.I.E.L.D. But they are taking control!"
"HYDRA? What? Where?"
"Everywhere? Among us! If you survive, you know where to find me. Jemma, don't trust anyone!"
- ―Anne Weaver and Jemma Simmons[src]
- "Are you mad? How can you be saying this?"
"Hydra won't show mercy. Neither can we."
"There is no way Coulson is HYDRA! He is a good man, a friend!"
"He's a liar! Agent Blake came to me with his suspicions - that Coulson and the other level eights were involved in some sort of conspiracy. Then Coulson sent him on an op that put him in the I.C.U."
"Coulson is not capable of what you're insinuating."
- ―Jemma Simmons and Victoria Hand[src]
- "Captain America has defeated the Helicarriers at the Triskelion. But his status his unknown."
"And S.H.I.E.L.D. has fallen."
"HYDRA factions have taken control of our east African headquarters and the treehouse. And those are just the ones we know of."
"It's gonna be a scramble, a power grab."
"I'll head to the fridge. At least that facility is secure."
- ―Victoria Hand and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Find everything you can on our team - all personal records, photos, anything that proves we exist - then erase it."
"Uh, that's kind of the nuclear option."
"It's *our* only option. Every government agency in the world will be on our ass. We need to vanish."
"Okay. But... once that's done, it can't be undone. We'll be ghosts. Not agents of S.H.I.E.l.D., just agents of... nothing."
- ―Phil Coulson and Skye[src]
- "There's got to be something here! This means something! This has to mean something. The world needs us! HYDRA is out there. We cannot let them win! We cannot let them define us! Do you understand that? We are not agents of nothing, we are agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and that still carries weight! It has to carry weight. After everything we've been through, that carries weight!"
- ―Phil Coulson[src]
- "Just gonna need you guys to answer a few questions, a few psychoanalytic, non sequitur questions."
"A lie detector."
"*The* lie detector, Agent Coulson. This baby measures galvanic skin response, oxygen consumption, micro-expressions, biofeedback brain waves, pupil dilation, voice biometrics - 96 variables in all. Fury designed this himself. He wanted a lie detector Romanoff couldn't beat."
"Like Fury would tell!"
- ―Eric Koenig, Phil Coulson and Grant Ward[src]
- "All this time, everything we've been through why? How could you?"
"I was on a mission. It wasn't personal."
It was- you did not just say that. "It wasn't personal"?"
"Skye, listen to me..."
"God, you might actually believe that. That - that is the twisted logic that they teach you when you sign up to be a *Nazi*."
"Stop. Wait. I'm not a Nazi."
"Yes, you are. That is exactly what you are. It's in the S.H.I.E.L.D. handbook, chapter one. The Red Skull, founder of HYDRA, was a big, fat, freaking Nazi."
"That has nothing to do with today."
"You know, you always had that Hitler Youth look to you. So it's really not that surprising."
- ―Skye and Grant Ward[src]
- "You know, I never liked you, Ward, not since our first sit-down, but I never figured you for John Garrett's lapdog."
"A lot of us lost respect for Fury when he picked you as his second. If he needed eye candy around, he could have at least picked Romanoff."
"That's funny. I'll tell her you said that."
- ―Maria Hill and Grant Ward[src]
- "This is just about everything we've been dealing with. And this connects them all. Cybertek built Deathlok, shipped items to Quinn, who was working for the Clairvoyant, who turned out to be Garrett, who planted Ward on our Bus because he wanted to know why I didn't stay dead. Should have drawn another chart for this part..."
- ―Phil Coulson[src]
- "You know, I never gave you enough credit for this whole zen-warrior thing. But I got to admit, it'd be nice to feel nothing right now."
"You think I don't feel anything?"
"Look at you. You're a statue. And you and Ward had a thing. So if anyone should be furious..."
"I'm furious. But I'm sure as hell not gonna waste it on a tantrum. I'm gonna mine it, save it... and when we find Ward, I'm gonna use every bit of it to take him down."
"Wish I knew how to use that hate-fu."
"I'm up most mornings at five."
- ―Skye and Melinda May[src]
- "And you sir? Where are you heading now?"
"Well I'm trading in my bird's eye view for two solid feet on the ground. This is the last time you'll be seeing me for a stretch."
"You going to disappear. Nowhere to be found."
"Nowhere? (Laughs) You know me better than that, Phil, I'll be everywhere."
- ―Melinda May, Nick Fury, Phil Coulson[src]
- "I don't understand. I thought this stockpile held only artifacts."
"Not everything we dug out of the ground was an antique, my friend. Some of it was quite advanced."
"Is this the reason these men...? Hmm?"
"Ja. The Red Skull said it may hold the answer...the answer to death itself."
- ―HYDRA Officer and Reinhardt[src]
- "Ha ha, and no. It didn't work out because interspecies relationships are hard. I was a human, whereas she was a demonic hell-beast."
"He doesn't like her. "
"You don't say."
"She's pure evil."
"Hey, at least you got away from your ex, the guy I had a crush on is now the psycho living in our basement."
"You know, I wish I could relate, but all my exes are awesome."
"Is that right? I seem to remember an entire year when you had to pretend you liked quinoa."
"Yeah, that was a dark time."
- ―Lance Hunter, Alphonso Mackenzie, Antoine Triplett and Skye[src]
- "Try being married to somebody who remembers every single little detail. It's not that charming. ... You think I'm being petty, don't you? Well, I'm not. I don't have a problem with Bob kissing that guy."
"Good. Because you had a hickey on your neck for a week after our mission in Miami."
"Well excuse me doing my job thoroughly. And with style."
- ―Lance Hunter and Melinda May[src]
- "It can't be that interesting."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because you were on page 117 when you were waiting outside. And you're still on page 117. So either you're a really slow reader, or you're working for Coulson."
"I am impressed. And you can tell him I said that. I almost missed you."
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm sure they told you about this. If you try or say anything, everyone in this bus will be flying. So just keep reading your book, and hope for a happy ending."
- ―Grant Ward and Bobbi Morse[src]
- "What are we talking about?Tesseract-level power?"
"Sure. I don't know that is."
"You realize we're talking life and death here."
"I know. It's exciting, isn't it? I mean, both sides racing to the temple, life and death, flesh and blood, emotions! Who knows how it'll shake out? All I know is, my Baby's gonna be right there in the center of it."
- ―Phil Coulson and Calvin Zabo[src]
- "I'm telling you sir, she looked exactly like Agent May. Expect for the freaky facial scar thing."
"That was Agent 33. She was wearing a nanomask disguised as May, but May electrocuted her right in the face."
"Oh, that is so badass!"
"Sam, I'm on with the director! Thank you."
- ―Billy Koenig, Phil Coulson, and Sam Koenig[src]
- "Look around you. Venders, selling their wares to bring home a modest income. Locals, buying fresh vegetables for dinner tonight. Tourists, on their one vacation a year."
"They are the point. The're the reason I'm here. The reason there's a S.H.I.E.L.D.. There are three million people on this island. I don't want HYDRA turning them into collateral damage."
- ―Phil Coulson and Bobbi Morse[src]
- "We were in the bottom of the ocean, in a storage pod, left for dead. And Fitz... he said something that caught me completely off-guard."
"Ah, those three little words."
"Yes! Well, no. I mean, not exactly. I barely had a moment to process what he said or how I felt about it, next thing I know, he's giving me the oxygen, water's rushing in and... He's ... He's laying there, in the hospital bed. He was so pale."
"How long was Fitz in the coma?"
"Nine of the longest days of my life. When it finally broke, he couldn't speak. He just stared at me, confused. All I wanted to do was help him. All I wanted was... My best friend back."
"Your best friend?"
"I never thought of him as anything else. That said, I can't imagine my life without him. It's all very confusing."
"You've never told him any of this, have you?"
"Oh, lord no."
- ―Jemma Simmons and Bobbi Morse[src]
- "If my daughter wasn't here, I would tear you and your men to pieces."
"Well, then, I'll add that to the number of reasons that I'm glad she's here. (To Grant Ward) You are the piece of the puzzle I can't decipher. Why are you really here?"
"Is it really that hard to see? It's love. Agent Ward believes if he helps Skye fulfill her destiny, she'll see him for what he really is."
"(To Zabo) Aww. It's a pity you won't get to fulfill that destiny, or that after all those years, you won't get your vengeance after what I did to your wife."
- ―Calvin Zabo, Daniel Whitehall, and Raina[src]
- "Stop it! Stop it or I'll shoot! Dad!"
"He took something from me."
"No. He saved you from killing more people. Now, get up and get away from him."
"You have to finish what we started."
"No, I don't. I'm not going down there. I'm not gonna change or transform or whatever the hell you think is gonna to happen."
"Why can't you see it's a good thing?"
"Maybe it's all the dead bodies laying around or the fact that HYDRA wants it. I'm gonna make sure the Obelisk never gets down into that city. And you're going to leave. This is your once chance to walk away. Or I will kill you."
"Okay. I'll go. But I'll be waiting for you. After you chance, no one else will understand. They'll be afraid. Change is terrifying. But I'm your father, and I love you. I will always love you, Daisy."
- ―Skye and Calvin Zabo[src]
- "Your whole life... our whole lives have been leading up to his moment."
"Sorry. I don't buy into the whole "this is your destiny" thing. We're taking the Obelisk, and we're leaving. There's too many lives at stake."
"You got it all wrong. Whitehall, everyone has got it all wrong. This doesn't destroy. It gives life; new life. We finally get to find out what we become. (the Obelisk floats onto a pedestal)"
"Make it stop."
"I can't. Neither of us can now."
- ―Raina and Skye[src]
- "Did you find Raina's body yet?"
"There's a lot of rubble to dig through, but not yet. Whatever gas came out of that obelisk hit you, too. That's why we're being extra cautious. It's hard to make sense of all of this."
"What? No, it - No, it isn't. We lost. We failed."
"Skye, don't say that."
"It wasn't because of HYDRA,It was because of me."
"Don't blame yourself."
"If I didn't go down there, you could have blown the place!"
"That was one battle. This is a war."
"And Ward and my father, the rotten core, the center of everything!"
"We did not fail! Trip prevented a disaster, and Whitehall's dead. We cut off the head. And while HYDRA scrambles for a new one, I will crush them! I'm gonna make someone pay... whoever the hell it is."
- ―Skye and Phil Coulson[src]
- "I've been in quarantine before, and I know it can drive you absolutely nuts."
"Thanks. I was beginning to feel like a leper."
"Are you kidding? You managed to be taken hostage by three known murderers, you gunned Ward down, then were blasted by an alien chemical weapon and walked out unscathed. Leper? I think you're a rock star."
- ―Bobbi Morse and Skye[src]
- "I shouldn't have to ask any of you to save one of our own."
"You never ask! You just give your orders, no matter cracked up they are!"
"Mack, you'd do well to remember your rank right now."
"Really? Rank at a time like this? Why don't you shove your rank up your..."
"Not helping, Hunter."
"No, it's cathartic. Do you have any thoughts of your own on it, or do you just parrot his?"
"Coulson's trying to stop HYDRA."
"We didn't stop anything! We unleashed something on the planet!"
"No one knows what happened yet."
"It could have been a lot worse."
"And Skye barely made it out alive!"
"Thanks to Trip. He sacrificed his life, Mack!"
"No! He traded his life for hers! And then he was shattered into a thousand pieces!"
"That's enough! If Trip was here, he wouldn't be arguing, he wouldn't be bitching. He would be gearing up to do what needs to be done. Yes, we're dealing with forces we don't understand, but HYDRA I do understand. I want everyone ready when the sun comes up. End of discussion."
- ―Phil Coulson,Alphonso Mackenzie,Melinda May, Lance Hunter, Bobbi Morse, Skye, and Leo Fitz[src]
- "After all that time, I didn't quite get the answers I was searching for."
"I'm sorry you didn't find your way to the temple. You didn't get to evolve."
"Oh, I evolved.(grabs him)What the hell have I become?"
"Raina. Let's not lose our heads."
"What happened to me?"
"Metamorphosis, by the look of it."
"I was supposed to become something divine, something transcendent. My grandmother said I'd be an angel, not some gnarled freak of nature covered in thorns."
"You always did like flowers."
"They hurt, and it's all your fault."
- ―Raina and Calvin Zabo[src]
- "Not bad. But once I'm pinned, you should try for a finishing blow."
"You want full mortal combat?"
"I want you to stop holding back, Skye."
"I didn't want to hurt you... I didn't want to try to hurt you. I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of... I don't know."
"Look... we lost Trip, and it hurts like hell, but you can't shut those feelings out. Can't sustain that."
"What's my option? l just might lose it right here?"
"We've talked about this. Control. Embrace your emotions, your nerves. Use them... on your terms."
"I don't know. What I'm feeling... is pretty dark. I'm afraid I'm gonna go postal and tear your head off."
"Go for it. I promise you won't."
- ―Melinda May and Skye[src]
- "I don't blame you, but I have been thinking about it, and I realized I've been wasting your talents."
"Look, I know you love it under the hood of a car, but... we could really use you out in the field. You're a force to be reckoned with, Mack. Believe me."
"Okay, but violence isn't really my thing. You know, that alien crap made me into something I'm not."
"I know. But have you seen yourself? You're a little bit of a beast all the time."
- ―Phil Coulson and Alphonso Mackenzie[src]
- "My mind is that of a lost adolescent. I can provide no information of value."
"Not totally true. Judging by your clothes, we know you were undercover, probably something you learned after your last visit here. Your usual full-armor look is a little more... conspicuous."
"So you are saying I wear that armor most of the time? Does this mean I'm a warrior?"
"A good one."
"A great warrior..."
"It's just details that you're missing. You must remember things about your home world, right?"
"Only basic lessons a child would learn."
"The name of your sword?What about Thor?"
"Um... I do not know this word, but when you say it, I want to smile. Why?"
"Who can explain the mysteries of the Asgardian brain?"
- ―Sif, Phil Coulson, and Melinda May[src]
- "Sorry. The argument was going nowhere."
"(To Sif)You back with us?"
"Yes. My memories have returned. I am Lady Sif of Asgard, friend of the S.H.I.E.L.D."
"Asgardian... well, that explains a lot."
"It is true. We don't trust Kree. That is why I am here. When Heimdall saw that one landed on your world, Odin charged me of retrieving him."
"So you came to pick a fight."
"We know enough about Kree history to be concerned."
"Well, then, if you know Kree history, perhaps you've heard the tale of Terrigenesis."
"Of course. Ancient Kree descending on planets, altering the inhabitants to fight their war."
"And Earth was one of them."
- ―Vin-Tak, Phil Coulson, and Sif[src]
- "Skye is my friend. She's different."
"Oh, yeah. Like I was your friend, and then I changed. How did you handle that?"
"Uh, t-the point is, secrets don't help any of us. Skye should have just come clean."
"What, and risked being locked up, studied, or who know what else? No, I wouldn't let her."
"Oh, you wouldn't let her."
"We could have handled her in a way that could have kept everybody safe."
"It wasn't fair to us, Fitz. We had a right to know."
"A right to know. What... is that the same way that Sif and the Kree had the right to know?"
"I think the situation is a bit different, mate."
"No, you would have done to her exactly what they wanted to."
"You don't know that!"
"Yes, I do know that! They would--you would--you'd "handle her"! Mack just said! Like, uh... like Skye's something to be locked up in a cage somewhere. We should be protecting her."
"No, Fitz. We're the ones that need the protection from her."
- ―Jemma Simmons, Leo Fitz, Alphonso Mackenzie, Bobbi Morse, and Lance Hunter[src]
- "You are a dangerous monster!"
"I am no monster. I am sometimes dangerous, but only toward those who are deserving.(Softly, to Coulson)I do not actually know. Is it... only toward those who are...?"
"No. That was... that was right."
"Thanks.(To Cardozo)Answer his question, elderly man!"
- ―Cardozo, Sif, and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Coulson, your people make decisions based on logic."
"Usually. As do mine."
"Leaving Skye with us is the logical choice, I promise."
"No. No. That is not what I mean. Asgard is millennia beyond you in our pursuit of science and knowledge. And we have learned there are some things that can never be understood."
"Is this little talk one of 'em?"
- ―Sif and Phil Coulson[src]
- "I won't stay long, I just need to use the microwave. I didn't want to disturb May and her ex."
"Disturb them from...?"
"They're in the kitchen, talking."
"What are they talking about? Is it about Skye's condition?"
" No, it was of a personal nature. Seems that May isn't a good cook."
"Something Agent May doesn't excel at... interesting."
"Yeah, he teased her about it... she was laughing."
"Oh, he makes her laugh! Clearly she still likes him, and have you seen the way he looks at her?"
"Yeah, I have eyes Jemma, of course I've seen."
"I wonder what happened between them, why end it?"
"They're a bizarre pair. He listens for a living and she doesn't speak."
"Well you know what they say, opposites attract."
- ―Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons[src]
- "I'm sorry about everything that's happening Skye."
"Not your fault. The blame begins and ends with my dad."
"Well, you wouldn't be the first person to have parents with misguided intentions."
"Nope, just the first whose crazy dad lured her to an alien city to get earthquake powers."
- ―Phil Coulson and Skye[src]
- "This is not a decision that we arrived at lightly. I know Coulson, he was a good agent. At least he was before Fury injected him with alien DNA. Ever since, his behavior has grown increasingly more troubling. Can you honestly tell me that you don't share any of these concerns?"
- ―Robert Gonzales[src]
- "Things change, that's what I'm saying, so maybe if you can learn to control this then you could have Avengers level powers. Something like Captain America even."
"I think it best we keep in mind the unstable nature of Skye's power. If there is an Avenger equivalent right now, I'm afraid it's the Hulk."
"Well, Hulk saved the world last I checked."
- ―Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons[src]
- "What does it feel like, your gift?"
"I don't know. Um... It's intense. Like 1,000 bees trapped inside of me. And I feel it all the time. It's always there. And I can't stop it."
"Why would you want to stop it?"
"Because I destroy everything around me."
"That is simply not true. Every object in this universe gives off a vibration. Did you know that? Nothing rests. Animals, trees, people, even this ratty couch. And you... you have the ability to tap into those vibrations. Don't you see? You can become magnificent. But something's inhibiting you, constraining your energy."
"Uh, no. No, no. My, um... my friend's a scientist. She made these to protect me."
"Or do they protect people from you?"
"No, it's not like that. My powers, I-I can't control them. And when I try to, it hurts me."
"Most gifts come with a price, but you could learn to manage it. I apologize. I'm saying too much. This is probably not the best place to continue our conversation. You don't have the tools and the understanding that you need just yet."
"To do what?"
"To be who you were always meant to be. Without fear, without pain. We can offer that to you."
"I'll take you to a place where you can be with people like us."
"Us? How many are there?"
"You can learn about yourself, your gift. You can be safe. But only if you want to come. When you're ready, I'll find you."
- ―Gordon and Skye[src]
- "I was wrong that day. We followed Fury's orders, hundreds of men and women who devoted their lives to this organization would be dead. If I had been the man in charge, they'd all be lost."
"So now you all operate as what? Five friendly faces who agree on everything? I don't see the other four here talking to me... just you."
"I have no desire to be the director."
"You think I did? Fury chose me."
"He made you. You're literally his creation. He thought of himself as some sort of king who made damn sure he had an heir to the throne. Try and remember Project Insight was Fury's idea. Secrets are what brought S.H.I.E.L.D. down the first time, and we won't let that happen again."
"If you wanted to talk to me, Agent Gonzales, you should have talked to me. You put spies on my team, invaded my base, hurt my people. Fury's secrets didn't bring down S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA did."
"I wonder if you really believe that."
- ―Robert Gonzales and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Can I let you in on a little secret? I've got a genuine, honest Abe, God-given superpower. You want to know what it is?"
"I'm afraid to guess."
"I can look at any man and tell him exactly what kind of car he should be driving."
"Maybe I'll just look around."
"Y-you know, I look at you, and I see a man who's played it safe his whole life, but lately feels like he's stuck in a rut. Life's lost its thrill. The kids are monsters. The wife's taken to muumuus. And now you're thinking, it's time to let the tiger loose."
"(after stealing a jeep)Sorry, Eddie. Tiger's been loose for a while."
- ―Eddie and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Imagine a thousand years of evolution taking place instantaneously. That's what happened to you after the mist. These treatments, we're helping your body adjust properly to the change. Transitioning you quickly and painlessly; I hope. We usually like to start the process right after the mist but..."
"How long? How long, when can I go?"
"You got places to be, people to see?"
"I'm worried about my friends. I think they're in danger."
"You're the one that's in danger Skye, remember? You're being hunted."
- ―Lincoln Campbell and Skye[src]
- "I'm not going down without a fight. We're gonna find Skye and we're gonna take back S.H.I.E.L.D., and we're gonna need more than Honest Eddie's Jeep to do it."
"You want to take their Quinjet, the two of us, while we're trapped in here, surrounded. Brilliant."
"I have reinforcements on the way. We just have to hold down the fort until they get here."
"Yeah, well, I have reinforcements of my own."
"Oh, you can't be serious."
"Those are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents out there. We're not gonna hurt them."
"I somehow doubt they feel the same about us."
"It won't come to that. It may not look like it, but this place was built to withstand a Hulk-sized force. On the other hand, let's just hope they didn't bring a...(a battering ram hits the safe house)"
"'Cause then we've only got about an hour."
- ―Phil Coulson and Lance Hunter[src]
- "This would have been a piece of cake if you'd let us use these big boy guns. Now we have to get close enough to get shot by their big boy guns."
"By the time they recognize us it'll be too late."
"Then there's the small matter of who's gonna fly that thing. Do you even know how?"
"I've watched May fly. I know a little."
"I can get us off the ground."
"You do know there's more to it than that like getting us back *n the ground... for example..."
- ―Lance Hunter and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Seven agents down, Calderon barely hanging on, and you want to defend that thing?"
"What happened wasn't her fault. I was there. Calderon fired at her."
"She was armed and hostile."
"She was scared and defending herself."
"I don't care if she was chasing butterflies. We can't wear kid gloves around something with powers of that magnitude."
- ―Robert Gonzales and Bobbi Morse[src]
- "Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons, the ones that got away. I had my eye on you two when you were at the academy. I wanted to recruit you, but Coulson beat me to it. I heard he actually bribed Weaver with cupcakes. Robert Gonzales."
"We know who you are, and we are quite aware of your commendable reputation. Under different circumstances, we might even be flattered... Which is why this is so hard to comprehend."
"Under different circumstances, we would have preferred to be invited guests, but that forced our hand. We had to take it out of play."
"What's inside that's so important?"
"All we know is that Coulson and Fury both believed it was valuable enough or dangerous enough to protect with extreme measures."
"Maybe it was their favorite recipes."
- ―Robert Gonzales, Jemma Simmons, Bobbi Morse, and Leo Fitz[src]
- "Something bad happens every time I feel settled somewhere. I'm twenty five and I have never spent more than two years anywhere. The second I made friends at the orphanage; gone. And God forbid I called a foster family home; pack your bags. I got the news on my birthday once, which is a complete farce because I don't even know when I was born."
"I'm so sorry."
"S.H.I.E.L.D. was the closest I ever came to having a family. I belonged there, saw what I could be. Even that ended with agents hunting me through the woods."
"We're not going to turn on you, or abandon you. This is a safe place."
"See, you say that but I know you're not being straight with me. Why do you care if I stay or go? And why are you..."
"July second. You were born on July second."
- ―Skye and Jiaying[src]
- "You know it's really impressive for Jiaying to take anyone under her wing."
"I like her. I just... I can't... What's her role here?"
"Her role is, in charge. So really she must like you."
"If she's in charge, how often does she train people?"
"Since I've been here... let me see... never."
- ―Lincoln Campbell and Skye[src]
- "We believe Ms. Belyakov possesses enhanced strength. This is what happened when a Russian officer tried to stop her with his car. She fled Russia unharmed. Looks pretty strong to me, so it's important we don't spook her. Just a friendly chat to bring her in for evaluation. And if all goes really well, we gain an asset before the Russians find her."
- ―Phil Coulson[src]
- "Mike Peterson: (Imprisoned) We didn't get to formally meet. My name's Mike. I think we got knocked out together."
"You're the guy with the parts. You know where we are."
"No. At least they haven't killed us yet. But there are bodies out there."
"Oh, great. You got all that hardware. Use one of those weapons and get us out of here."
"Right. Because I didn't think of that."
"At least your sarcasm still works."
- ―Deathlok and Lincoln Campbell[src]
- "Can we just address the elephant on the plane? I know. This is weird. Mistakes were made."
"And people got hurt."
"And I could stand here and explain again how my parents - and brother left me vulnerable..."
"We've all had our traumas, Ward. Didn't turn any of us into psychopaths."
"Well, we all have our own ways of coping, don't we? For example, I was yours."
"Watch it, Ward!"
"Look, I'm just saying we all made mistakes. Coulson handed me over to my abuser, thank you. Skye shot me."
"After you killed how many people?"
"Yeah, and we were a team and a family, and you betrayed us!"
"know. It's what I regret the most. Not the lying, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents I had to put down, and I'm sorry not even dropping you two in the ocean. It's this. My actions destroyed this. I'll regret that forever. 'Cause there were good times. Right? Before? I mean, for a while there, we were a good team. Weren't we?"
"(after a dramatic pause) I'm still happy I shot you."
"Yeah, me too."
"Should've aimed for the face."
- ―Grant Ward, Leo Fitz, Melinda May, Phil Coulson, Jemma Simmons, and Daisy Johnson[src]
- "I bet Gonzales wasn't happy when you said he wasn't invited to this chat."
"Yeah, well, I wasn't too happy when he blew a hole in my base and kicked me out. We all live with disappointment, and right now, we have bigger problems."
"Does that mean you found it?"
"I'm guessing HYDRA doesn't know Loki's scepter was the weapon that killed me, but I bet they know it can control minds."
"In their hands, that's catastrophic. Coulson, please tell me you know where it is."
"Sokovia. I'm pretty sure List is headed there right now. I've just sent you everything I found on Strucker's location."
"Coulson, why didn't you just tell Gonzales why you really wanted to get onto the HYDRA base?"
"Believe it or not, he puts every decision to a vote... I know. And I was pretty sure if I'd been honest, I'd have lost the swing vote, so I did what I had to do."
"Last thing. Theta Protocol; is it ready?"
"Yes, it is. Time to bring in the Avengers."
- ―Maria Hill and Phil Coulson[src]
- "Tell me you figured out what drugs Cal took, because my gut's saying everything ever made."
"I haven't fully sequenced the formula yet, if only for the multitude of trace drugs found, but my initial list includes anabolic-androgenic steroids, a liver enzyme blocker, various metabolic enhancers, methamphetamines, what appears to be gorilla testosterone, and, no lie, a drop of peppermint. I think it's an ill-conceived attempt at super strength."
"Other than Cap, every attempt has been ill-conceived."
- ―Phil Coulson and Jemma Simmons[src]
- "That little concoction is my own special formula. I took it of my own free will. You see, when my Daisy was stolen, I wasn't strong enough to protect her, so I started experimenting. If I wasn't born with Inhuman powers, then I would make my own. Best-laid plans. C'est la vie. I never got it quite right... Always missing something. Highly unstable. Made me a little moody. Could it kill me? Sure. But it was worth the risk."
- ―Calvin Zabo to Phil Coulson[src]
- "I'm literally a catastrophic meltdown."
- ―Joey Gutierrez[src]
- "You'd think three years' high school Spanish..."
- ―Alphonso Mackenzie[src]
- "Invisibility... Imagine the possibilities."
"What are you imagining?"
"Get used to it. We can't put the Terrigen genie back in the bottle. Powers are the new normal."
"I think you're just jealous."
"Damn right I am. Tell me you didn't try one of those little fish-oil pills. I had my fingers crossed for x-ray vision. I was just curious. I wasn't the only one."
"I mean, I-I thought about it. I didn't actually do it. Rehab was a bitch."
"Man, you two deserve each other."
- ―Lance Hunter, Bobbi Morse and Alphonso Mackenzie[src]
- "They've wiped out almost 30 square kilometers of forest just to make room for this place. You wonder why the planet's dying."
"Got that right, mate. You and Jemma watch that documentary I mentioned?"
"Oh, yes! The one about the Amazon? It ..."
"And you'll talk about it later."
- ―Leo Fitz, Lance Hunter and Phil Coulson[src]
- "I kept my part of the deal, now I expect you to keep yours. I want weaponry, and not that Stark Industries reissue crap, I'm talking about the big guns, so we can finally hunt down these freaks."
"Yes, freaks. If everything goes as planned, we'll all get what we want, Mr. Blake."
- ―Felix Blake and Giyera[src]
- "Time is an illusion. It's how we perceive the fourth dimension. Simmons."
"It's mathematics. He's talking about space-time."
"How do you... How can I explain this? Right. We're 3D, yeah? Okay, but imagine... imagine we lived in a 2-dimensional existence... flat, just like a piece of paper. We wouldn't be able to conceive of three dimensions, of... of... of a... a cube or anything that's not 2-dimensional, okay? Yeah. Right, so, we flat paper people would perceive this 3-dimensional cube as many separate 2-dimensional moments. As time passing... the point on the line traveling through space and time."
"But, in fact, the cube, the line is fixed."
"Yeah, it's just sitting there. There's no future. There's no past. It just... it just is. And nothing you can do will change that."
"You're hurting my brain."
- ―Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons and Melinda May[src]
- "Got to admit... this time stuff's always been a little over my head. Like in "Terminator," if John Connor's alive and able to send his friend back in time to save his mom to make sure he's born, doesn't that mean he doesn't have to?"
"I, uh, I never saw the original "Terminator.""
"You're off the team."
- ―Phil Coulson and Lincoln Campbell[src]
- "What's so pressing that couldn't wait a few days, Gideon?"
"Well, you know me. I seize opportunity. This state-of-the-art prosthetic contains some hardware manufactured by you here at Transia. The nerve-wire interface, to be precise."
"And I'm aware your company's been working on an exoskeletal limb-assist prototype for the Defense Department using this same technology."
- ―Rowan Hamilton and Gideon Malick[src]
- "I know you've had people killed. You've even considered shooting someone. But to drain a man's life with your own hand, to feel the life go out inside him...as Mr. Coulson did with me. That look in his eyes. A feeling so powerful, it scared him...enough to leave that hand behind."
- ―Hive to Gideon Malick[src]
- "Is there something wrong, sir?"
"You were there. You saw."
""We do what we have to do." That's your words."
"Yeah. And that's what I've been telling myself."
"And now you don't believe that that's true?"
"It was true for you. You were left no choice on that planet. You did the right thing, but I crossed the line. Ward deserved to be punished, but no one deserves to have the life..."
"No, he did deserve it. He did deserve to have his chest caved in...no question."
"That's not the point. It was payback. That's not what we do here."
"Well, what was the alternative? I mean, letting him live, letting him win?"
"Don't you see? When I killed him, he did. I knew it would come back to haunt me, I just didn't think it would actually come back to haunt me."
- ―Leo Fitz and Phil Coulson[src]
- "They say when the Rider burns you, he burns your soul. And a soul can never heal."
- "I didn't ask for this, this curse. But vengeance calls."
- ―Ghost Rider[src]
- "Watch out. Vengeance is coming."
- ―Ghost Rider[src]
- "Why do I, level red, have to go through you, level orange, to request hardware? Shouldn't red be higher than orange?"
"Well, orange encompasses both red and yellow, so... It's hard to explain, but the Director didn't want to use numbers because he didn't want any team member to feel less than."
"But you do have a higher clearance than me."
"Only in most instances."
- ―Melinda May and Jemma Simmons[src]
- "A team that trusts, is a team that triumphs."
- ―Jeffrey Mace[src]
- "This is a PR nightmare. We're only a month away from reintroducing S.H.I.E.L.D. to the public."
"People's lives could be at stake, and you're worried about bad publicity? Who the hell are you, anyway?"
"That's Burrows from Public Relations. It's his job to worry about bad publicity."
- ―Burrows, Alphonso Mackenzie and Jeffrey Mace[src]
- "I was lighting fuses long before I was the fuse."
- "I know what you're doing. Trying to distance yourself from everyone else so they don't drown in your wake? I invented that move. It doesn't work, for one simple reason: Phil Coulson. He found me in that cubicle and dragged me out. He didn't give up on me, and he won't give up on you."
"I never wanted that."
"Mm-mm, no. You don't get to choose who cares about you. And Coulson... he's got a bigger heart than most. Lincoln wouldn't want you killing yourself over what happened."
- ―Melinda May to Quake[src]
- "What the hell?!"
"Director's orders. Stairwell's clear."
"I'm sorry. Well, in that case, you should check under the microscope and in the fridge, 'cause those Inhumans can be tricky bastards. Yeah, you can tell the Director this is just one giant snark hunt."
"That's British for a bloody waste of time."
- ―Leo Fitz and a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent[src]
- "I'm a team player, I'm willing to play any position that gets us the win."
- ―Jeffrey Mace[src]
- "It's a high-pitch frequency caused by Shockley's cellular vibration."
"The ramping up of his kinetic energy at an atomic level, and once it reaches a critical threshold, that massive energy transforms his body from a solid to a flammable gaseous state and then.."
- ―Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons and Daisy Johnson[src]
- "Radcliffe took something from me, too. Her name is Melinda May. And she means everything to me."
- ―Phil Coulson[src]
- "I think I figured out my place on the team. I'm the blocker."
- ―Jeffrey Mace[src]
- "All of these things you've done, all of the energy spent, the hatred. And you know what the funny thing about it is? I have no idea who the hell you are. I've been on hundreds of missions in my time. This one you're so upset about, I was sent to retrieve an object. If I'm being honest, I don't even remember what it was. As far as I'm concerned, you're just another red shirt like so many others who tried unsuccessfully to stop me from saving the world. 'Cause that's what I do. So...cool origin story, bro, but this means nothing to me."
- ―Phil Coulson to Anton Ivanov[src]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.