Following the Battle on Ego's Planet, Ayesha feared the Sovereign council would seek to punish her for her humiliating defeat at the hands of the Guardians of the Galaxy, which resulted in the destruction of an entire fleet of Omnicrafts. However, Ayesha remained confident in still being able to exacting vengeance against the Guardians. Using an advanced Birth Pod, Ayesha began creating a being capable of defeating the Guardians. While showing the Birth Pod to her chambermaid, Ayesha decided to name her creation Adam.
- In the comics, Adam Warlock was actually created by a group of scientists called the Enclave, who sought to create a perfect being. He has been a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and an enemy of both Thanos and of the Magus, a future evil version of himself.
- In the comics, Adam Warlock carried a staff that featured a bird head and wings at the top. The same bird design can be seen on some of the Anulax Battery containers on the Sovereign planet.
Behind the Scenes
- James Gunn has said that the Birth Pod in the Collector's possession that is seen in the mid-credits scene of Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy was based on Adam Warlock's cocoon as seen from the comics.
- In an earlier treatment, Adam Warlock initially played an integral part in the story of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, as he is one of James Gunn's favorite characters. However, when he realized that the film was already full of characters, Gunn ultimately minimized Adam's role from the story and kept as one of the main characters Mantis.
- Kevin Feige and James Gunn have stated that Adam Warlock will be very important to the cosmic side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.