- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Ambush on the NYPD Officers
Together with Luke and Cain, Abel traveled to 1931 in order to prevent S.H.I.E.L.D. from being created. They approached three police officers who were expecting a shipment of illegal alcohol from Jimmy Bottles. Two of the officers drew their weapons on the Chronicoms, but Cain and Abel quickly drew their own rifles and killed the two officers. Abel then watched as Luke assumed William Dole's identity.
Cain and Abel then removed their existing skin in preparation to assume the bodies of the other guards, but Jimmy Bottles entered the pharmacy and saw the Chronicoms without their skin, and was then killed.
Discovering how quickly the New York City Police Department discovered the dead bodies and Daisy Johnson's involvement in the investigation, Luke ordered Cain and Abel to take care of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. While Cain took Johnson to the back of the pharmacy to kill her there, Abel told patrolman Fischer to stay outside unless he wanted to die.
Abel then entered the police station, where Deke Shaw was working to reconstruct the faces of the deceased police officers. Shaw turned around and saw Abel, whose face he recognized from the reconstructions, and became scared. Abel began to choke Shaw, who used the facial reconstruction machine as a weapon to incapacitate Abel. Shaw ran out of the building, barricading the door so that Abel couldn't follow.
Attack on Freddy Malick
Still disguised as NYPD officers, Abel and Luke attended a campaign party hosted by New York Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt, planning to attack Freddy Malick, who was working as a bartender and preparing to meet with his contact, Viola. Malick and Viola went into the service area and discussed Malick's father. Viola handed Malick a vial containing a prototype of Abraham Erskine's Super Soldier Serum, and Abel and Luke then appeared. Luke shot Viola and prepared to shoot Malick, but then Daisy Johnson arrived and began to fight them.
While Luke fought a Life-Model Decoy of Phil Coulson, Abel and Johnson fought. Abel almost beat Johnson, but Coulson defeated Luke and saved her. Johnson took a baseball bat and hit him into the public area of the party, attracting the attention of the guests and other NYPD officers, who couldn't find Johnson and Coulson after looking for them.
Searching for Targets
Luke and Abel, still under the guise of NYPD officers, searched for Freddy Malick at Ernest Koenig's speakeasy. They threatened Koenig, but didn't find Malick or the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who were protecting him. They were notified that the agents' getaway car had been found, so they left the bar. They found the car where Alphonso Mackenzie, Deke Shaw, and Malick had left it, next to a train track. Abel voiced his concern that S.H.I.E.L.D. would be able to stop them, but Luke assured him that if they were to succeed, S.H.I.E.L.D. would not exist in the future.
Luke and Abel eventually found Freddy Malick at Hell's Harbor, being protected by Alphonso Mackenzie and Deke Shaw. Shaw fired his revolver at the Chronicoms, while the three took cover. Mackenzie ran to Abel and managed to steal his rifle, but was unable to use it, so hit Abel over the head with it. Abel eventually recovered, but the Chronicom Hunters failed to kill Malick in time, as he left to deliver the Super Soldier Serum to HYDRA. Abel wanted to stay and fight S.H.I.E.L.D., but Luke insisted that they leave in order to avoid being left behind in the past.
Reporting to Sybil
- "We could have eliminated all of them when we had the chance."
"Cain was in their captivity. Why are we set to self-destruct when compromised? When we should be set to detonate."
"Advanced technology would be scattered across the past. Which would only hasten the formation of S.H.I.E.L.D.."
- ―Abel and Sibyl[src]
Luke and Abel later told Sibyl that S.H.I.E.L.D. was following them, but had not yet discovered their ship, which Luke described as an advantage. This upset Abel, who voiced his belief that Cain should have detonated when he became compromised, rather than self-destructed. However, Sibyl defended her position, saying that they could not leave behind advanced Chronicom technology, which would hasten the development of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Luke took the opportunity to berate Abel as a mere Hunter, and confirmed with Sibyl that detonating Helius was still a viable plan.
To punish S.H.I.E.L.D. rejecting Luke's deal to give Earth to the Chronicoms, Abel, after predicting from Sibyl that Wilfred and Nathaniel Malick would die in the early 1970s and that Project Insight would not be launched until the next 40 years, in 2014, together with Luke decided to keep the two of them alive for another three years and anticipate the project of forty years earlier and help the HYDRA to give names from the future, making sure that the most important people just born are killed immediately for prevent them from becoming a threat to HYDRA in the future, including Bruce Banner, who is still a child at the time, thus altering the timeline in the process.
Abel, entering The Krazy Kanoe, met Phil Coulson and Melinda May and saw Luke ask Malick to argue with him to expose him intelligently, but Coulson denied his identity at all costs, making up a false story, hoping he would fall for it, but Malick said the Chronicoms had told him all about his past and future, and just then Abel and the others showed up, along with Luke, and Malick asked Coulson if he really believed he'd forgotten it so easily.
Abel heard Malick say he met Coulson in this very place in the early 1931 and that a whole life has passed since that day and asked him what he had done. Coulson started to leave, but Luke blocked his way, telling him that he should accept his proposal to give the Chronicoms the Earth first. Malick promptly asked him to surrender if he wanted the team alive, at which Abel and his mate pointed their Chronicom guns; but Coulson made a counteroffer, seeing Daisy with Nathaniel Malick, and asked to let them go and that he will live. Wilfred said they would never dare and that Nathaniel had nothing to do with it, but May pointed out that Wilfred and his son shouldn't have existed since their death in the early 1970s and Coulson asked him if he accepted his decision otherwise would have forced him to do things he would later regret.
Luke immediately silenced the discussion and ordered Abel and his fellow hunter to end it, but Malick asked the Chronicoms to put down their weapons, doing so physically, allowing S.H.I.E.L.D. to escape them in the process, much to Luke's amazement, who asked him what strange behavior he had had, despite Wilfred telling him that they had his son hostage and that they couldn't shoot him in the middle, so Luke asked the hunters to follow them. After following them out of the club Abel tried to shoot them, but he and his partner were defeated by Quake, forcing Luke, when he found them unconscious, to change the rules of Project Insight, going to 1976, with Chronicom Time Ship, in the process.
Later, Abel and Luke, along with the other hunters, used advanced computer skills to hack the Lighthouse missiles to destroy the Zephyr One, even before Stoner gave the order to shoot, then the hunters decide to close the Lighthouse to split the agents and conquer him, then the hunters kidnapped Agent Ford and Agent King to replace them and also General Rick Stoner would have been replaced by the Chronicoms, if Phil Coulson and Melinda May hadn't stopped them, saving their lives first, in the process.
Defeated by S.H.I.E.L.D.
After splitting the S.H.I.E.L.D. and knowing that Alphonso Mackenzie had released his parents and that they were about to escape the Quinjet, opening the armored door to do so, Abel, along with Luke, went to get them, but Mack, noticing the footsteps and noises that were approaching, arranged ambushed the two Chronicom Hunters, managing to stop Abel, but Luke brutally pushed Mackenzie, but the latter managed to kick him so hard that he was temporarily incapacitated, giving Abel the advantage of pushing him against the wall and catching him fists violently, but Mackenzie, despite the superior strength of the Chronicom, managed to disable him by banging his head against the concrete wall. Luke tried to kill Mackenzie, but Luke himself was killed by Rick Stoner, saving Mackenzie's life, in the process. Abel was also killed since Sibyl was noted as the only survivor of their Chronicom faction years later.
Abel, like other Chronicom Hunters, is cold and calculating, focused solely on the task at hand. While his behavior sometimes would be described as unusual to humans, Chronicoms would find this typical. Even by Chronicom standards, however, he is a more serious man, as implied by Luke's suggestion that he smile. Abel is also impulsive, as suggested by his insistence that Hunters should detonate when compromised, rather than self-destruct.
Powers and Abilities
- Chronicom Physiology: As a Chronicom, Abel is a synthetic being and naturally possesses physical capabilities beyond any human being.
- Superhuman Strength: As a Chronicom, Abel possesses stronger strength than an average human
- Superhuman Durability: Abel has shown super durability when fighting Alphonso Mackenzie. When Mackenzie attacked him, Abel didn't feel any of the pain from his attacks.
- Longevity: Like all Chronicoms, Abel was immune to aging and disease and his life lasted for thousands of years.
- Computer Interaction: As a Chronicom, Abel was able to use his programming along with his hardware and software to interact and hack computers and other digital systems. This was shown when he and Luke connected to a digital simulation onboard their Chronicom Timeship to speak to Sibyl, who was in a completely different place and possibly in a different time period.
- Master Combatant: As a Chronicom Hunter, Abel is a highly skilled and experienced fighter, having been able to tiptoe with Quake, almost managing to defeat her, then later with Phil Coulson, with whom he had a lot of trouble beating him, due to the fact that they are both even, as for brute force, being defeated, in the process. He also fought against Alphonso Mackenzie, despite being a strong and well-trained man, but despite his superior strength, Mack managed to kill him.
- Expert Marksman: Abel was also an expert marksman, having been nearly able to kill the woman he was with Wilfred Malick then nearly killing the latter, were it not for Quake's intervention and, subsequently, in a second attempt against Malick, shot the Chronicom Rifles several meters away, to hit the target, not hitting the S.H.I.E.L.D., which was protecting Malick from them, to get delivery, to keep the future safe; then he was about to shoot Phil Coulson, Melinda May, Daniel Sousa and Daisy Johnson, if it weren't for Wilfred Malick who stopped them to prevent them from murdering his son Nathaniel Malick.
- Expert Hacker: Abel was an expert hacker, being a Chronicom, like when he infiltrated the computer network to activate the Lighthouse missiles to destroy Zephyr One.
- Chronicom Rifle: Abel used the Chronicom Rifle to attempt to assassinate Wilfred Malick and fight the S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Chronicom Pistol: Abel used the Chronicom Pistol to attempt to kill the S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Colt M1911A1: Abel carried this handgun, outfitted with a silencer, in an attempt to kill Freddy Malick. He shot at Viola, injuring her, but he was unable to kill him before Daisy Johnson appeared, knocking him with her powers and making him lose the gun.
- Colt Official Police: Abel took the revolver from the NYPD officer whose identity he assumed, and he used it to threaten Ernest Koenig inside his speakeasy following a failed attempt to kill Wilfred Malick, until he left when news of the getaway car used by Malick arrived.
- Chronicom Time Ship: Abel, along with the other Chronicoms, used the Chronicoms time ship to travel through time and space.
In chronological order:
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Like other Chronicoms, Abel is named after a biblical figure.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.01: The New Deal
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.02: Know Your Onions
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.03: Alien Commies from the Future!
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.05: A Trout in the Milk
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.06: Adapt or Die
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.07: The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and the D