- "Nothing ends without a new beginning. Just as any start is, inevitably, a step towards an ending. It's like two sides of the same coin; there is a duality in everything. Night and day, war and peace, love and hate, rhythm and blues, me and you. But forces in opposition don't have to stay that way. It's like the yin-yang. It isn't meant to be a static symbol. Relationships are always in motion. We chase each other, challenge each other, inspire each other. Sometimes working together. Sometimes working against. Complementary forces, seeking a balance that may never come."
- ―Danny Rand
With the interruption of the ritual, the sharing of the energy between Colleen Wing and Davos threatens to kill both of them. Davos escapes the apartment; Wing and Danny Rand go after him so that they can complete the ritual.
At Eden Towers, Walker tries to kill Davos when he arrives. Fearful that killing Davos before the transfer is completed will also kill Wing, he works with Misty Knight to bring out the Mary alter. Meanwhile, Wing manages to complete the transfer and takes the full power of the Iron Fist into herself. Davos is taken into custody, and Knight congratulates Wing on her new power. She notes that she might be calling on Wing in the near future – she's worried about the path Luke Cage is taking, and Wing might be the only one that can take him down.
In the aftermath, Rand heads back to the dojo to clean up. While picking up the box from Wing's mother, he turns over the medallion with the mon on it and finds something on the other side that shocks him. At Bayard Community Center, Wing asks Sam Chung if she can arrange a memorial for BB. She then talks with Sherry Yang about changing the way the Triad operates from threatening the community to helping them. Yang is open to change, but says it will be slow. Wing tells her that she will be watching to make sure they do not backslide on the promise.
Ward finally opens up to the group at an NA meeting and gets many of his issues off his chest. Finally, he talks to Bethany privately about her pregnancy. Because of Ward's issues, and his own self-admittance that he is a mess, she does not want him involved in the child's life until Ward believes he can be a better person.
Walker, now back in control, goes to collect her money from Joy. After talking, Walker decides to leave the money with Joy. Since Joy knows her secrets, she would be a powerful and influential ally. Joy wonders if she gets a say in the arrangement.
At the dojo, Wing finds Rand gone, and a letter waiting for her. Rand tells her what he saw on the other side of the medallion – the symbol of the Iron Fist. The story that Wing's mother told her about the Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay was familiar to Rand, who heard it in K'un-Lun. It told the story of Wu Ao-Shi, the first woman to defeat Shou-Lao and become the Iron Fist. A woman who became the Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay, and might very well be Colleen's ancestor. Rand now believes that it was his destiny to bring the Iron Fist to her, and their meeting was never a coincidence.
Rand needs to find more about the Iron Fist and his place in its destiny. He plans to take the Rand Enterprises Private Jet to track down the source of previous Iron Fist's body that Davos acquired for the transfer ritual. Ward tries to stop him, but Rand convinces him to join him instead.
Months later, Wing is protecting New York City with the Iron Fist, and has learned to channel her chi into her katana. In Hokkaido, Ward tries to get information on a person named Orson Randall from a local criminal. When the man refuses to talk, Ward turns to Rand, who has regained the power of the Iron Fist and can now channel his chi into two handguns to fire chi bullets. Rand shoots a bullet out of the air and tells the criminal not to try that again.
- Finn Jones as Danny Rand/Iron Fist
- Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing
- Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum
- Jessica Stroup as Joy Meachum
- Sacha Dhawan as Davos
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Alice Eve as Mary Walker
- Natalie Smith as Bethany
- Christine Toy Johnson as Sherry Yang
- Fernando Chien as Chen Wu
- James Chen as Sam Chung
- Jeremy Lanuti as Young Danny Rand
- Shiv Pai as Young Davos
- Eddy Toru Ohno as Shady Guy
- Dani Baum as EMT
- Mike Troll Jr. as Thug
- Goldwyn Banton as Massive Dude
- New York City, New York
- Hokkaido, Japan
- K'un-Lun (flashback)
- Sokovia (mentioned)
- Pinghai Bay, China (mentioned)
- Hong Kong, China (mentioned)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (mentioned)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (mentioned)
- Battle at Eden Towers
- Trial of Shou-Lao (mentioned)
- Rescue of Joy Meachum (mentioned)
- Air Crash in the Himalayas (mentioned)
- Escape from Sokovian Prison (mentioned)
- Triad War (mentioned)
- Mark of Shou-Lao
- Misty Knight's Prosthetic Arm
- Colleen Wing's Katana
- Mary Walker's Twin Machetes
- Tibetan Singing Bowl (mentioned)
- Morphine (mentioned)
- Rand Enterprises
- New York City Police Department
- Yangsi Gonshi
- Order of the Crane Mother (flashback)
- Hand (mentioned)
- Ryhno's Gang (mentioned)
- Sokovian Armed Forces (mentioned)
- Hancock Transport (mentioned)
- Lei Kung
- Luke Cage
- Harold Meachum
- Harold Meachum's Wife
- Colleen Wing's Mother
- Wu Ao-Shi
- Hai-Qing Yang
- Wendell Rand
- Heather Rand
- Orson Randall
- "A Duel of Iron" is the title of Iron Fist Vol 1 #1.
- Mary Walker singing Monday, Monday is a nod to Brian Michael Bendis's comic-book run of Daredevil, where the character used to sing this song while turned in her "Typhoid Mary" personality.
- This episode contains a post-credit teaser for the third season of Daredevil.
|The Yin and the Yang||Robert Lydecker|
(The Mamas & the Papas cover)
|Battle of the Fists (Pt. I)||Robert Lydecker|
|Battle of the Fists (Pt. II)||Robert Lydecker|
|Always Bonded||Robert Lydecker|
|Colleen's Family Legacy||Robert Lydecker|
|The Adventure Continues (Pt. I)||Robert Lydecker|
|The Adventure Continues (Pt. II)||Robert Lydecker||