|For the timeline altered by the Avengers, see 2014|
This is a timeline of events that occurred in 2014.
- 1 2014
- 1.1 January
- 1.2 February
- 1.3 March
- 1.4 April
- 1.5 May
- 1.6 June
- 1.7 July
- 1.8 August
- 1.9 September
- 1.10 October
- 1.11 November
- 1.12 December
- 2 References
- The Lemon Twigs are formed.
- Rand Enterprises contribute to and support the "Landman | Zack Day of Giving Back 2014", and Landman and Zack present them with a sponsor recognition plaque.
- 13-year-old Gert Yorkes walks downstairs at home and accidentally discovers her mother, Stacey, working on a prototype Deinonychus. Stacey uses the Synnergy Serum to erase her memory of the event, but it causes Gert to develop anxiety.
- Carl Lucas watches TV in the lounge area of Seagate Prison. Reva Connors calls him to meet her in the other room for a quiet talk on their own. Shocked by all his cuts and bruises, Connors mentions that he has not been to the group in months, but he responds that plans have changed. Lucas notices that Noah Burstein is watching them and asks Connors about him, but she asks if he would like to talk about something. Lucas refuses, saying that if he speaks, something bad will happen to her.
- Connors leaves him, but Lucas notices that Shades approaches her. Rackham approaches behind and taunts him, causing Lucas to grab him by the scruff of the neck and violently slam him against the wall in rage. However, Rackham threatens that he now has another person to bargain with other than Squabbles. Fearing for the life of his friends, Lucas lets him go.
- Lucas comes up to Squabbles and tells him of the plan to expose Rackham. Squabbles agrees to the plan, but as Lucas leaves, Squabbles is approached by two of Rackham's men and is killed. A few minutes later, Lucas goes into his cell and is attacked by Shades and Comanche, who are not happy about his decision to expose the arena.
- Lucas is sent to the infirmary, where Noah Burstein treats him.
- Reva Connors visits Lucas and reveals to him that Squabbles is dead, and that he could end up the same way. She begs to Burstein to put Lucas under the experiment to save him; Burstein refuses, stating that he would probably die from the experience, but Connors demands that he do it for her. He reluctantly agrees, asking Connors to take a trip home. He then goes up to Lucas, informing him that this is going to be a different treatment.
- Chase of Lorelei: Lorelei arrives in Death Valley, stopping at a roadside in where she enthralls newlywed Jimmy Mackenzie. Mackenzie drives Lorelei to Rosie's Desert Oasis in Nevada. There, Lorelei abandons and kills Mackenzie in favor of a local biker gang, the Dogs of Hell.
- Smith arrives in the hangar and is greeted by Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, who recruits him into HYDRA.
- The Dogs of Hell, led by Rooster, begin a string of robberies to appease Lorelei.
- Burstein puts Lucas in a tank, injects his shoulder with a syringe, and attaches two cuffs, a tiara, and a breathing tube. He closes the tank and goes to his computer, starting the procedure and filling the tank with clear liquid.
- Escape from Seagate Prison:
- As he begins scanning Lucas, Albert Rackham rushes in, demanding the whereabouts of Lucas. Burstein tries to stop him, but Rackham points a gun at him and threatens to kill Lucas for ratting him out. He turns up the heat in the tan and overloads it, causing the lights in the room to burst into sparks. Submersed in the boiling liquid, Lucas screams in pain as his injuries turn purple and then vanish. Rackham attempts to murder Lucas, but the tank explodes, killing him instead. Lucas comes out of the ruins of the tank, fully healed. The alarms goes off and in frustration for having no way out, Lucas hits the wall, causing it to crack severely, without any harm to himself.
- He discovers his strength has been enhanced, and proceeds to punch a hole in the wall in order to escape from Seagate Prison. Lucas finally reaches land, ending up in someone's back yard, where he notices the owner's laundry drying.
- Cage takes the shirt and pants, then goes to the nearest phone booth and calls Connors.
- Lucas meets with Reva Connors at the nearest motel. After spending some hours together, Connors deletes any records of Lucas and asks him to create a new name for himself; he chooses "Luke Cage". Cage and Connors share a kiss.
- Loki under the guise of Odin, orders Sif to go to Earth and apprehend Lorelei.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. detects Sif's arrival in Death Valley and send Coulson's Team there to meet her.
- After relaying information about Lorelei to them, Sif allies with the team to capture her. Phil Coulson asks Sif about what other extraterrestrial races she has encountered, hoping to discover what alien G.H. is.
- Lorelei enthralls the local law enforcement to act as her protection, and is tracked to Rosie's Desert Oasis by S.H.I.E.L.D. The enthralled distract both S.H.I.E.L.D. and Sif away from Lorelei, who enthralls Grant Ward to aid in her getaway.
- Lorelei and Ward arrive in Las Vegas, where she and Ward have sex after discussing plans for Lorelei's takeover.
- Reva Connors returns home to Harlem with Luke Cage. She visits Pop with him, and Pop is happy to not ask questions.
- Sif and Coulson track Lorelei to Vegas, but find that she and Ward have already escaped.
- In order to rid themselves of Sif and S.H.I.E.L.D., Lorelei and Ward infiltrate the Bus by enthralling Leo Fitz, who detains Skye, Jemma Simmons, and Sif, even attempting to eject Sif from the plane. Coulson, pretending to be under Lorelei's thrall, releases Skye and Simmons and incapacitates Fitz. May fights with the enthralled Ward, while Sif manages to get back onto the Bus and duels Lorelei. Sif manages to overpower Lorelei and places the Asgardian Collar around her, silencing her. The enthralled are released from Lorelei's control almost instantly.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Nicholas Cooper and Mark Smith try to discover the importance of the Scepter in the S.H.I.E.L.D. S.T.A.T.I.O.N..
- Agent Mark Smith goes to the gym so he can take his anger out on a punching bag. When he finishes and goes to the locker room for his duffel bag, he discovers a paper inside simply saying "Hangar SFC-5".
- Sif returns Lorelei to Asgard.
- Phil Coulson reveals to Skye that the GH.325 came from a Kree corpse, and promises that they will find the answers they need about Project T.A.H.I.T.I.
- After eavesdropping on the conversation, Melinda May calls Nick Fury from the Bus on a secret phone, telling him that Coulson knows about the alien.
- Theft of the Scepter:
- Nicholas Cooper discovers during a lunch break that the connection between the Scepter and the Tesseract is much simpler than he originally thought. But just as he makes the discovery, his former colleague, Mark Smith, shoots and kills him.
- Now a HYDRA operative, Smith takes the Scepter and begins to transport it to Wolfgang von Strucker with the help of Mark Basso.
- In Sokovia, a massive riot for justice breaks out, putting civilians against the police. During this riot, the Scepter is finally delivered to Wolfgang von Strucker, who immediately puts Doctor List to work.
- Simon has an incident in a pharmacy.
- Doctor List manages to reactivate Chitauri Guns with the power of the Scepter for HYDRA, and the help of Benjamin Pollack. After the guns are tested, List informs Strucker that they need living human test subjects. Strucker tells him that he can use any of the people from the continuing riot. List tells the rioters that he can give them the abilities to stand up to their oppressors if they volunteer to go with him. Twins Pietro and Wanda Maximoff are among the many to go with him.
- Search for the Clairvoyant: Phil Coulson attends a meeting with Jasper Sitwell, Victoria Hand, Felix Blake, John Garrett and his team to discuss the possible identities of the Clairvoyant. Sitwell is later ordered to report to the S.H.I.E.L.D. ship Lemurian Star.
- Skye becomes a level one agent of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- In Washington, D.C., Steve Rogers meets former soldier Sam Wilson on his morning jog. They discuss the difficulties of adapting to life after active service, and Wilson recommends Rogers listen to Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man" album.
- Natasha Romanoff picks Rogers up and briefs him about their latest mission: rescuing hostages from the Lemurian Star, a S.H.I.E.L.D. ship which has been hijacked by Algerian pirates, led by Georges Batroc.
- Hijacking and Retaking of the Lemurian Star:
- That evening, Captain America and the Black Widow join agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. subdivision STRIKE as they recapture the Lemurian Star and rescue the hostages.
- After fighting the pirate leader Georges Batroc, Captain America discovers the Black Widow extracting data from the ship's computers, an element of the mission he was not informed about.
- At the Triskelion (S.H.I.E.L.D.'s headquarters in Washington, D.C.), Steve Rogers confronts Nick Fury about keeping certain parts of the rescue mission secret from him. Fury shows him S.H.I.E.L.D.'s latest endeavor: Project Insight, three Helicarriers connected to orbital satellites and designed to preemptively eliminate potential threats. However, Rogers finds this project morally questionable.
- Rogers goes to the Smithsonian Institution's Captain America exhibit and reminisces about his time in World War II. He then visits Peggy Carter, who is now nearly 93 years old, in a retirement home.
- Sam Wilson hosts a counseling session for war veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder. Rogers attends and listens to the testimony of a veteran named Garcia and Wilson's speech.
- Deathlok critically injuries Felix Blake during the hunt for the Clairvoyant.
- Nick Fury tries to read the data the Black Widow extracted from the Lemurian Star's computers, but to his surprise he is denied access. He informs Alexander Pierce of this, and requests Project Insight be postponed due to his underlying suspicions.
- Attack on Nick Fury:
- Fury leaves the Triskelion and contacts Maria Hill to arrange a meeting. On the way to the rendezvous point, he is attacked by assassins posing as police officers. He evades them, but is confronted by the Winter Soldier, who shoots a Disc Grenade under Nick Fury's SUV, forcing it to upturn. Severely injured, Fury escapes by using a "Mouse Hole" device to cut through the road and into the sewers.
- Steve Rogers returns to his apartment, where he finds Fury sitting in his living room. Fury manages to tell Rogers that S.H.I.E.L.D. has been compromised and gives him the USB containing the data from the Lemurian Star.
- From the adjacent building, the Winter Soldier shoots and appears to fatally wound Fury. While his neighbor (who reveals herself to be an undercover S.H.I.E.L.D. agent codenamed "Agent 13") gets Fury to safety, Rogers pursues the Winter Soldier, but fails to catch him.
- Nick Fury is taken to a hospital in a critical condition. His heart stops during surgery, and the doctors are unable to revive him.
- After he is pronounced dead, Maria Hill collects his body. Rogers hides the USB Fury gave him in a vending machine.
- Believing Steve Rogers may be withholding information from S.H.I.E.L.D., Alexander Pierce questions him about the circumstances of Nick Fury's death. Rogers does not tell him about the USB or anything Fury said to him before he was shot. Pierce reveals that Fury hired Georges Batroc to hijack the Lemurian Star, and Romanoff's extraction of data from the computers was the real mission.
- Chase of Captain America: On his way back to the hospital to retrieve the USB, Rogers is attacked by several STRIKE operatives in an elevator, but manages to defeat all of them. He jumps out of the elevator to avoid arrest, drives away on his motorcycle and evades an attacking Quinjet. Pierce tells the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D. that Rogers is now a wanted fugitive and must be hunted down.
- Rogers returns to the hospital, but the USB is no longer in the vending machine. Natasha Romanoff reveals that she has it, and explains who the Winter Soldier is.
- At an Apple computer store, Rogers and Romanoff try to read the data on the USB. While the information itself is inaccessible, they manage to trace back the location where the program was first written: a S.H.I.E.L.D. bunker in New Jersey. STRIKE operatives led by Brock Rumlow search for the fugitives, but do not find them.
- In Pensacola, Florida, Grant Ward kills Thomas Nash, a reject of the Index, when he threatens Skye. Ward is taken into custody on the Bus.
- Melinda May receives a message that Nick Fury is supposedly at the Triskelion.
- Stealing a car, Rogers and Romanoff drive to the location and he recognizes it as Camp Lehigh, the military training camp where he trained during World War II.
- In the bunker, they find an old supercomputer, and, inserting the USB, they reactivate the preserved consciousness of Arnim Zola. Zola explains that HYDRA has continued to operate within S.H.I.E.L.D. since its creation in the 1940s, and several S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives including Alexander Pierce, Jasper Sitwell and Brock Rumlow are actually sleeper agents for HYDRA. The information on the USB is an algorithm Zola produced for Project Insight. Before Rogers and Romanoff can get any more information from him, a S.H.I.E.L.D. fighter jet bombs the bunker, destroying the computers. Surviving the explosion, they once again evade S.H.I.E.L.D. capture.
- At his home, Alexander Pierce is visited by the Winter Soldier, and sets him a mission to terminate the fugitives. Renata witnesses the exchange and is killed by Pierce.
- Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff seek refuge at Sam Wilson's home. He agrees to help them, and reacquires the EXO-7 Falcon flight harness he used while serving in the army.
- Battle of Washington, D.C.:
- The trio abduct Jasper Sitwell and interrogate him about the nature of Project Insight. He reveals Arnim Zola's algorithm will seek out any individual or group that poses a threat to HYDRA. The Insight Helicarriers will then eliminate the targets, placing a majority of the East Coast at risk.
- The Winter Soldier attacks, kills Sitwell and battles Rogers. During the fight, Rogers removes the Winter Soldier's mask and recognizes him as Bucky Barnes.
- A S.H.I.E.L.D. team soon arrives and arrests Rogers, Romanoff, and Wilson.
- Maria Hill, disguised as an escort, rescues Rogers, Romanoff, and Wilson, and takes them to Nick Fury, who faked his death by means of an anti-stress serum created by Bruce Banner.
- Reva Connors marries Luke Cage in order to help protect him as they start building a life together.
- The group formulate a plan to stop Project Insight using three special computer chips that will reroute the Helicarriers' targeting system, forcing them to destroy each other.
- In order to establish a line of communication with Jemma Simmons, who has been transferred to the Hub as a consultant on Deathlok, Leo Fitz creates a hidden phone line but discovers the hidden phone line of Melinda May.
- Victoria Hand takes control of the Bus and sets it to dock with the Hub, believing Phil Coulson and his team may be part of a conspiracy within S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Agent Hand sends two S.H.I.E.L.D. UAVs to kill John Garrett, whom she suspects along with Coulson of being part of the same conspiracy. Garrett manages to evade his attackers and docks with the Bus.
- Luke Cage and Reva Connors lie in bed together.
- With his suit damaged, Rogers breaks into the Smithsonian Institution and steals a 1940s Captain America costume on display.
- Battle at the Triskelion:
- Alexander Pierce invites the World Security Council to the Triskelion to show them a demonstration of Project Insight. Captain America infiltrates the headquarters and reveals the nature of Project Insight and the HYDRA infiltration to everyone present.
- Pierce takes the Council hostage, but Black Widow, disguised as Councilwoman Hawley, defends them and holds Pierce at gunpoint. She and Fury then upload all data regarding S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA to the public, and Fury executes Pierce after he kills the Council in an attempt to escape. Captain America and Sam Wilson, going by the codename Falcon, board the Helicarriers as they take off and manage to install two of the chips.
- On the last Helicarrier, Captain America is confronted by the Winter Soldier, and after a brutal altercation, Captain America manages to install the chip.
- The Helicarriers target each other and blow each other out of the sky; the Helicarrier holding Rogers and the Winter Soldier crashes into the Triskelion, reducing it to rubble. The Winter Soldier, slowly remembering his past life as Bucky Barnes, saves Captain America from drowning in the Potomac River.
- HYDRA sends out a coded message to all of its agents, ordering them to take direct control of S.H.I.E.L.D. Skye decodes the message, leading the team to conclude that Hand is the Clairvoyant and affiliated with HYDRA.
- Exposed to the public, HYDRA begins purging all infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. facilities in an attempt to retain control. The Cube and S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy are among the targeted facilities.
- Battle at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy: Anne Weaver, the director of the Academy, is contacted by Jemma Simmons and Antoine Triplett as HYDRA invades the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy. She warns them about the HYDRA infiltration before the connection is lost. During the battle, HYDRA release an Enhanced person. Weaver fights the Enhanced by herself, but then Tomas Calderon saves her and more students with his Quinjets squadron. 
- Battle at the Hub: The Bus lands at the Hub, where Garrett soon reveals that he is the Clairvoyant and an agent of HYDRA. Coulson's team are nearly killed by Garrett, but Agent Hand, having heard the exchange, saves them. All HYDRA agents present in the Hub are then detained.
- Battle at the Sandbox: Donnie Gill, a victim of the Faustus method, is used by HYDRA as a one-man army to take the Sandbox.
- Hand informs Isabelle Hartley that the Battle at the Hub is over.
- Coulson and Hand watch footage of Project Insight as they assess the losses of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Battle on the Iliad:
- HYDRA forces aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. aircraft carrier Iliad begin executing loyal S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives. The Lead HYDRA Agent of the attack watches footage of Project Insight before killing Tim Maguire. Acting on orders from Nick Fury, Agents Bobbi Morse and Isabelle Hartley rescue Alphonso Mackenzie and Robert Gonzales.
- Together, they make their way to the bridge where Morse attempts to extract classified material from the ship's computers, though this places the remaining S.H.I.E.L.D. agents on board at risk.
- Having second thoughts, Morse resigns from her initial orders and works with her fellow agents in reclaiming the ship from HYDRA. Now acting solo, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents aboard the Iliad decide to start a new S.H.I.E.L.D. under Gonzales' command.
- Assassination of Victoria Hand: Victoria Hand and Grant Ward escort John Garrett to the Fridge for incarceration, but midflight, Agent Hand was killed by Ward, revealing him to be Garrett's fellow HYDRA mole.
- The Winter Soldier goes to the Ideal Federal Savings Bank, where he finds two HYDRA scientists. Barnes claims that Captain America is dead, but then attacks the scientists, feeling that they are responsible for the terrible actions he has done. However, when one man states that he has a daughter, the Winter Soldier lets him go, realizing that he wants no more blood on his hands.
- Bill Foster takes Ava Starr in to help her following the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- Grant Ward releases Raina from S.H.I.E.L.D custody.
- Skye and Coulson watch the news as they assess the secured bases of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- Grant Ward and Raina arrive at the Barbershop Headquarters in Havana, Cuba. Here Raina meets the Clairvoyant for the first time and discovers he has no powers.
- In the Hub, Coulson's Team repair the Bus. While doing this, Phil Coulson receives a message from Glenn Talbot.
- S.H.I.E.L.D is declared a terrorist organization by the United States government.
- After receiving the message from Glenn Talbot, Coulson decides to leave the Hub. On the Bus, Skye deletes the identity of every member on their team, including Ward.
- Skye informs Ward that his identity has been deleted and Garrett instructs Raina to recreate the drug GH.325.
- Phil Coulson discovers Nick Fury's coordinates to Providence.
- Agent Kaminsky and others arrive in Cuba after being defeated at another S.H.I.E.L.D. facility. Garrett decides to hit the Fridge.
- May tells Coulson that Fury was not behind Project T.A.H.I.T.I..
- Raid of the Fridge:
- Coulson's Team finds Providence and meets Eric Koenig. Here they are informed that the Fridge has been taken by HYDRA. Skye calls Ward, because she is worried about him, giving him the coordinates of Providence.
- Raina tells Ward and Garrett that the hard drive cannot be accessed without Skye's pass codes. Garrett sends Ward to obtain the pass codes or Skye herself.
- Maria Hill applies for a job at Stark Industries and is accepted.
- Grant Ward arrives at Providence, where he lies to the team about what happened at the Fridge and gives Skye the hard drive. Ward suggests to back it up now that they are at a secure facility, but Coulson wants her to first pull up a list of all the inmates at the Fridge.
- Ian Quinn arrives in Cuba and is presented with the Gravitonium by Garrett.
- 200 miles out of Portland, Marcus Daniels kills a fisherman so he can use his car to travel to Portland.
- After seeing Marcus Daniels on the list, Coulson decides to take a splinter team to capture him. Before they are allowed to leave the facility they have to go through an orientation on a Lie Detector.
- Catherine Wilder makes pizza bagels for her son and his friends Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Gert Yorkes, and Nico Minoru after school at junior high. They are Stein's favorite snacks.
- Daniels arrives in Portland where he goes after Audrey Nathan, his obsession. Before he could get to her she is saved by Jemma Simmons and Antoine Triplett, while Leo Fitz uses his D.W.A.R.F.s to capture him. This does not work.
- In Providence Skye tries to track the other freed prisoners, when she has the idea to hack a NSA satellite to get visuals on them.
- In Portland, Fitz comes with the idea to use Audrey Nathan to draw Daniels.
- Assassination of Eric Koenig: When Ward plans to kill Melinda May he noticed she is leaving the facility. He then goes after Koenig to kill him.
- In Canada, May is picked up by her mother Lian and she starts her search for Maria Hill.
- Ambush at the Outdoor Theater: On an outside stage Audrey starts playing the cello, drawing Blackout to her. Coulson and his team defeat him.
- Skye uses a tracking system to search for Eric Koenig. She finds his body in a storage room, after which she writes down a message for Coulson, saying Ward is HYDRA.
- Kidnapping of Skye: The Bus is taken by Grant Ward who wants Skye to give up access codes to Coulson's Team Hard Drive.
- When Coulson and his team return at Providence they notice that the facility is empty and the Bus is gone.
- Natasha Romanoff goes to government hearings about the downfall of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Maria Hill goes to Senate hearings about the downfall of S.H.I.E.L.D. As she leaves, she is confronted by Melinda May.
- Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons, Phil Coulson, and Antoine Triplett try to figure out why Melinda May, Grant Ward, Skye, and Eric Koenig are not at Providence, rewatching the security footage. Simmons decides to make something to eat. Fitz asks why Ward and Skye would not have told their team what was happening, and Simmons reminds him to be happy. Simmons suggests making pancakes to cheer everyone up. She goes to check for pancakes and Fitz goes to turn on the griddle.
- Fitz realizes that one of the windows, which is supposed to change displays between nighttime and daytime, is stuck on night, while Simmons looks for pancake mix. Coulson and Tripplet run scenarios and speculate what happened to their team. Fitz notices the fake window is propped while Simmons collects cooking supplies. She goes to turn the light off and notices blood next to the doorframe. Fitz discovers a message left by Skye that Ward is working for HYDRA, and Simmons screams, having found Koenig's body.
- Nick Fury talks to Captain America before leaving for Europe.
- Captain America and Falcon begin their search for the Winter Soldier.
- Wanda and Pietro Maximoff are prepared to experiment with the Scepter. Wanda asks Pietro he is sure, and Pietro assures Wanda that they will soon have the power they need to fight.
- Wanda Maximoff walks into a room at the HYDRA Research Base which contains the Scepter. The door closes behind her, and she is asked to state her name and confirm her status as a volunteer by a scientist. She is told to begin, as another scientist mentions that nobody has survived contact. The other scientists cuts him off and instructs Maximoff to touch the Scepter.
- Fitz panics about their revelation, in denial about Ward being HYDRA, while Simmons performs an autopsy on Koenig. Coulson and Trip try to calm him down. Simmons reports that Koenig died after May left the base, and that a thin wire strangled him in a hurry, and confirms that Ward was responsible. Fitz starts throwing appliances in frustration, and Coulson tells him to focus the pain on saving Skye. Coulson asks Fitz to track the Bus and determines to find Skye, confident that she has a plan.
- Skye and Ward arrive at the diner, and Skye tells Ward that decrypting the hard drive will take an hour at least to complete, upsetting Ward.
- Tripplet and Coulson activate a computer and take stock of their situation, realizing that John Garrett is alive and Victoria Hand is dead, and that Ward and Garrett stole weapons from the Fridge. Coulson realizes that Ward is after the information on the hard drive, and that Ward needs Skye to decrypt the hard drive. The Bus is located in Los Angeles, and a perimeter alert is set off.
- Maximoff watches The Brady Bunch while in isolation. The HYDRA scientists watch her and rewatch the footage of Maximoff interacting with the Mind Stone repeatedly. One scientist comments that it makes no sense and wonders what happened.
- Maximoff stands up and walks toward the television, using her newfound abilities to turn the television off.
- Skye works on the hard drive and shows Ward that she is still working. Skye scolds Ward for being impatient, and he apologizes. Skye suggests Ward call Coulson, but Ward says that they need to stick to their plan. The encryption is denied since they are at the wrong location, and Skye gets nervous. Ward attempts to comfort her and asks what's wrong. Skye lies, saying that she is bothered by their situation as fugitives. Police officers enter, and Ward gets a menu to look less suspicious.
- Attack on Providence: Coulson, Tripplet, Simmons, and Fitz prepare to fight whoever is at the door. The door is unlocked as Glenn Talbot's soldiers enter, lead by Talbot and Maria Hill.
- A man mourns at a cemetery and finds Melinda May digging up Coulson's grave. May climbs out of the grave and offers her condolences to the mourner. She goes to her car and looks at the file she recovered, finding a classified file regarding Project T.A.H.I.T.I..
- Simmons insists to Talbot that S.H.I.E.L.D. are not criminals. Talbot questions the agents and offers them time served in exchange for intelligence, but they refuse. Simmons scolds Talbot for stopping them from saving Skye.
- Hill asks Coulson to accept Talbot's offer of turning over Providence, but Coulson refuses. Coulson scolds Hill for asking him to still keep secrets, including those involving the T.A.H.I.T.I. project. Coulson tells Hill that Ward is with HYDRA and asks for help. Talbot asks to move along, and Coulson and Hill fight through his soldiers.
- Kidnapping of Skye:
- Skye is brought coffee, and she tells Ward that she has half an hour left for her encryption. Ward grows impatient as he thinks the police officers are looking at them. He notices another police car pull up. Skye distracts him by asking about the last time he went undercover. Ward talks about it, saying that she does not know how Garrett was able to bring himself to be a double agent.
- Ward tries to change the subject, but Skye asks what he would say if he could talk to Garrett. Ward asks what she is doing and notices that the police are clearing people out. Ward suggests leaving, but Skye refuses. She revealed that she called the police on Ward and that she knows he is HYDRA. The police come to arrest the two agents, but Ward breaks free as Skye runs away.
- Skye runs outside and surrenders to the police, asking to be arrested. The officers arrest her, but Ward comes out of the restaurant and shoots them. Skye steals the police car and gets away, but Mike Peterson arrives and captures her.
- On the Bus, Peterson and Ward argue about whether Peterson should have gotten involved. Skye refuses to give Ward the location, and John Garrett gives Ward five minutes to retrieve it. Skye scolds Ward for lying to her and punches him, so he handcuffs her to a rail. Ward says that it was not personal, so Skye continues to scold Ward. Skye asks if he is going to kill her, but he says that he would not let that happen to her, disgusting Skye. Ward tells Skye that it was hard to make the decisions he did, but Skye says that he is a serial killer and that she does not like him. Ward insists that she will understand some day, but Skye refuses and sits down.
- Peterson attempts to decrypt the hard drive and gets an invalid signal location notification. He receives a message that Garrett is done waiting and is instructed to go to plan B.
- Skye struggles to break free of her handcuffs, and Ward threatens that Peterson will torture Skye. Skye pleads with Peterson, but Peterson demands the information. Skye continues to try to reach out to Peterson, and he stops Ward's heart. Skye decides to give up the information in order to save Ward, revealing that they need to reach a high enough altitude. Peterson demands that Skye start the hack and orders Ward to take off.
- Skye delivers the codes to Ward and Deathlok but installs a trojan horse in the drive.
- Ward prepares to take off, but is interrupted by Hill. Ward asks her to get out of his way, but Hill demands Skye. Ward calls her bluff and tells her not to test him. Ward takes off, and Hill tells Trip not to pursue. Coulson sneaks onto the Bus.
- As the Bus takes off, Coulson makes his way through and finds Skye, hugging her. She confesses to having unlocked it, and Peterson engages. Coulson and Skye go to the cargo hold, and Ward rushes after them. The two get inside Lola and leave the bus, while firing at Peterson. Peterson returns fire and Ward joins, but Coulson and Skye leave in Lola. The car's flight systems break at first but activate just before they hit the ground. The car lands and a man charges them for parking.
- Ward suggests going after Coulson and Skye, but Peterson demands they stay with Garrett's plan. Ward threatens Peterson for going after Coulson and Skye, but he says that it was not personal.
- Coulson tells Hill he is going after Ward, and asks for backup from Hill, which she denies. Hill says that S.H.I.E.L.D. is over, but Coulson insists it should remain active. Coulson says that he does not want to work in the private sector, and Hill leaves.
- Fitz and Simmons speculate about why Ward betrayed them, and Fitz refuses to believe that Ward is evil. Fitz asks Simmons tell him that she is not HYDRA, and she does so sympathetically. Fitz says that he also is not with HYDRA. Skye makes fun of Tripplet for eating junk food, and Coulson encourages Tripplet to rest. Coulson gets food from the vending machine and promises Skye that they will get Ward. Skye tells them that she left them a present when she decrypted the drive. Coulson give Skye part of his candy bar, and they share it.
- Coulson returns to his room and finds May inside. She says that Hill told her about Ward's betrayal, and tells him that he needs to see something. She shows him a video of himself saying that the side effects of Project T.A.H.I.T.I. are too extreme, with memory replacement being the only way to undo the effects, and recommending that the cost of the projct was too great to continue. Coulson is shocked at this discovery.
- Deathlok kills drug lord Alejandro Castillo. Coulson's Team watches footage on the morning news.
- Infiltration into Cybertek Corporate Headquarters: Coulson and his team arrive at Cybertek Corporate Headquarters and discover that John Garrett was the first Deathlok and that he plans to use the Centipede Serum to cure his own disabilities and to create an army of Deathloks.
- Kidnapping of Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons: Fitz and Simmons find the Bus, but are captured by Ward and taken to Garrett. Fitz nearly kills Garrett by the use of an EMP but he and Simmons are forced to take refuge in a Medical Pod. Ward finds the two and ejects it into the sea.
- Raina injects Garrett with synthesized GH.325 which heals his failing organs and gives him superhuman strength but starts to give him a psychotic personality.
- Ian Quinn bargains with representatives of the United States Armed Forces in Washington, D.C. about the creation of an army of Deathlok Soldiers for the Military.
- Ambush at the Barbershop Headquarters:
- Raina declares to John Garrett that she is not in league with HYDRA. She is only interested in new ways of evolution.
- Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons are rescued from the sea by Nick Fury, who sends them to the Playground for recovery.
- Battle at Cybertek:
- Garrett kills one of the generals in attendance at Ian Quinn's presentation of the Deathlok soldiers. Raina and Quinn abandon the Cybertek facility, taking the Gravitonium with them, while Coulson's Team invade Cybertek with a group of U.S. Marines. Grant Ward tries to capture Skye, but Melinda May defeats him in a fight and he is taken into custody.
- Phil Coulson battles Garrett, but is outmatched.
- Fury arrives to aid Coulson, while Deathlok steps in to defend Garrett. Skye releases Ace Peterson, prompting Deathlok to turn on Garrett and fire a missile at him. The remaining Centipede agents are arrested, and Deathlok flees the scene. Garrett tries to upgrade himself with Deathlok parts, but Coulson vaporizes him with the 0-8-4 Weapon.
- Fury appoints Coulson as the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and gives him a small device called "the Toolbox", which shows him coordinates to their new base, the Playground.
- Raina and Ian Quinn travel in a van with the gravitonium taken from John Garrett. Raina opens its container, however, and the material absorbs Quinn into itself completely.
- Upon arriving at the base, the team meet Agent Billy Koenig, the identical twin brother of Eric Koenig.
- Coulson starts to experience the same side effects of the GH.325 that affected Garrett, rewriting the same symbols Garrett wrote.
- Raina visits Calvin Zabo and tells him that she had found his daughter, Skye.
- At the secret HYDRA facility where Loki's Scepter is being held, Wolfgang von Strucker assures the personnel that their work will continue in spite of HYDRA's recent loss at the Triskelion. As he observes Pietro and Wanda Maximoff practicing their abilities, Strucker comments that the "Age of Miracles" has begun.
- At the Captain America Exhibition, in the Smithsonian Institution, The Winter Soldier finds out who he really is, James Barnes.
- Under Kilgrave's influence, Jessica Jones kills Reva Connors. Jones rebels against Kilgrave's control and leaves Kilgrave, who is hit by a bus.
- General Glenn Talbot continues to lead teams to search for remnants of S.H.I.E.L.D. through the winter, to no avail.
- Having almost been killed in the accident, Kilgrave searches the help of Doctor David Kurata and forces Jack Denton to donate both of his kidneys to him. Kurata is forced to perform the surgery on Kilgrave without any anesthesia to numb the pain, because the anesthesia nullifies Kilgrave's powers.
- Denton has a stroke from the shock of losing his kidneys. Kilgrave then ensures that his death has been faked and disappears, while Jessica Jones continues to believe that he died in the accident.
- Cybertek ship HYDRA's remaining gravitonium on a boat called the Principia. However, the boat hits a storm which supercharges the gravitonium and causes it to float 25,000 feet into the sky. It is assumed to have sunk.
- Phil Coulson assigns Jemma Simmons the duty to infiltrate in HYDRA so she can give him information about the terrorist organization. Secretly, Coulson assigns agent Bobbi Morse to protect Simmons as she also infiltrates HYDRA.
- At 17:27 p.m., footage from the Battle at the Triskelion is retrieved. This footage would be shown to Hawley two years later.
- Felix Blake is released from hospital. Having found out about HYDRA, he disappears, angered that the S.H.I.E.L.D. he signed up for was not what he thought it to be. Bitter, he looks to find other people to align himself with who want to protect the world from aliens.
- Assassination of Ahmad Zubair: William Rawlins, still going by Agent Orange, has Homeland Security liaison Ahmad Zubair captured and tortured, claiming he is a terrorist. The Cerberus Squad stand around watching as Rawlins beats him for information, but he claims to have none. Zubair exclaims that he is not a terrorist and that he has a family, begging for his life, but Rawlins says that if he has no information, he will be killed. Obeying orders under the assumption that it is necessary to protect the United States of America, Frank Castle shoots Zubair through the head. Unbeknown to the rest of the squad, Gunner Henderson, starting to suspect that the Cerberus leaders have ulterior motives, secretly films the assassination.
- Castle and Henderson are given the duty of burying Zubair, with Castle removing the bullet from his head as instructed. Henderson highlights to Castle that what they are doing feels like disposing of evidence of a crime.
- Rosalind Price is transferred to the Washington, D.C. branch to serve as a special adviser to Congress.
- Without revealing that he has been doing the same, Phil Coulson gives Skye the assignment of translating the Words of Creation that were written on the Bus by John Garrett. During her investigation, she contacts Rising Tide, but they cannot help her.
- Phil Coulson has another episode where he is driven to carve strange symbols on the wall, which Melinda May records for him.
- Phil Coulson leaves the Playground to travel, looking for people across the globe who remain loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Infiltration into the Cloud Tombs of Praxius: Under the orders of Ronan the Accuser, Korath the Pursuer leads a platoon of Sakaarans to take Nebula and Gamora to Praxius IX when a lead for the Orb appears there. However, the lead turns out to be false.
- Phil Coulson tells Melinda May that he is on a recruiting trip to London, but instead secretly meets with Sam Koenig in the United States to discuss Theta Protocol, a project created after the collapse of S.H.I.E.L.D., to repair Helicarrier No. 64. Koenig mentions that Simmons is settling in at HYDRA, and Coulson tells him the Skye is doing well in her training with May, Antoine Triplett is now fully on the team and Leo Fitz is making a little progress. They also discuss the new recruits Lance Hunter, Isabelle Hartley and Idaho. He also asks for Koenig to keep looking for Robert Gonzales, who they believe is highly likely to be dead.
|This section needs a rewrite|
- Phil Coulson sends the group of mercenaries he has recently become involved with, (Lance Hunter, Isabelle Hartley and Idaho) to Alexandria, Virginia to buy a file from Roger Browning that contains information about the Obelisk, a mysterious artifact that HYDRA is looking for.
- The negotiation is interrupted by an assassin who kills Browning and escapes.
- Glenn Talbot gives an interview, saying that S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA are enemies of the United States of America and that he will do anything to defeat them.
- Coulson returns to the Playground and tells May about his supposed recruiting trip. He sends Skye to get information from their prisoner, Grant Ward. Ward tells her the history of Carl Creel and how HYDRA is communicating with him. She leaves before he can discuss her father.
- Ambush on Glenn Talbot: Carl Creel attacks Glenn Talbot, but he is saved by Skye and Melinda May. As Creel is detained by the United States Armed Forces, May and Skye take Talbot to the Playground.
- Coulson tries to force Talbot to reveal information. He refuses and Coulson resorts to his back-up plan and knocks him out with an I.C.E.R..
- Infiltration into the Government Storage Warehouse:
- Creel uses his powers to become transparent and escape from his detainment. Coulson sends a team on a two-pronged mission: to obtain a Quinjet and retrieve the Obelisk.
- When Hartley finds the Obelisk, the Absorbing Man attacks. She grabs the object in order to defend herself, but instead it begins to kill her.
- Hartley, Hunter and Idaho attempt to escape to get Hartley medical attention, but Creel flips their S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV, killing both Idaho and Hartley. Hunter fakes being dead as Creel takes the alien artifact.
- Later, Sunil Bakshi approaches Daniel Whitehall to tell him that Creel was successful.
- Melinda May finds Idaho, Isabelle Hartley, and Lance Hunter's flipped SUV. Only Hunter has survived. Hunter tells May to pursue the Absorbing Man. While May chases Creel, Hunter is surrounded and taken by the United States Armed Forces.
- May tracks Creel to a restaurant. In the restaurant, Creel is accidentally touched by a waitress, and she turns to stone. Creel escapes the scene.
- At the Playground, Skye and Antoine Triplett arrive back in the newly acquired Quinjet as they learn of the deaths of Hartley and Idaho. Alphonso Mackenzie looks over the jet's cloaking technology so it can be duplicated for the Bus.
- Hunter is collected by Glenn Talbot, who asks him to betray Phil Coulson because there is a senator who wants his arrest. Hunter wants Hartley to have an honorable funeral in return. Hunter tells Talbot that in return for a proper burial for Hartley and two million dollars, he will hand over Coulson in the next two days.
- When Hunter returns to the Playground, Coulson already knows that Hunter has talked to Talbot. He sends Skye to pack the deceased's possessions.
- Fitz finds the DNA file on the Absorbing Man and decides that he will help in his capture. Mackenzie helps a struggling Fitz to decode his old work to find a solution.
- In the night, Raina visits Creel and gives him a ring that will help him fight against the adverse effects that the Obelisk is having on him. However, unbeknownst to him, the ring contains a tracking device. Raina contacts Coulson and tells him about the tracking device.
- Chase of Carl Creel:
- Coulson's men track Creel and travel to his location to catch him. Hunter, however, takes things into his own hands and incapacitates May, Triplett and Skye with an I.C.E.R..
- When Creel goes to meet Sunil Bakshi in a public park to deliver the Obelisk, Hunter tries to shoot Creel. During the commotion caused by the gunshot, Raina takes the briefcase containing the artifact.
- As Hunter and Creel battle, Coulson uses the Overkill Device to destabilize and neutralize the Absorbing Man.
- Aaron Davis is arrested for the fourth time by the New York City Police Department.
- At Hartley's funeral, Hunter decides to join S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Later, Skye and May discuss Coulson's attitude. May confronts Coulson and convinces him to release his urge to carve Words of Creation he has resisted for 18 days since his last episode. He carves the symbols in a blackened room as May documents the incident.
- Raina delivers the Obelisk to Skye's father, who shows her that she can touch it without dying.
- The Nova Empire and the Kree Empire sign a peace treaty, stopping the ongoing war between the two. Ronan the Accuser refuses to submit to the treaty and becomes a terrorist, repeatedly terrorizing Xandarian space and joining Thanos' army.
- Shane and Lori Henson move into an apartment in Los Angeles.
- Emily Wong is taken by the Church of Gibborim's runaway project and given help, but also considered by Leslie Dean as a candidate for the next Rite of Blood sacrifice.
- Massacre of the Kylosians: Under Thanos' orders, Ronan the Accuser attacks the planet Kylos, forcing its population to divide into two halves. Drax is separated from his wife, Ovette and his daughter, Kamaria, during this division. Ronan kills the half that Ovette and Kamaria are in. Drax watches Ronan laugh while he slaughters Drax's wife and daughter.
- Drax swears revenge, eventually killing twenty-two people and causing grievous bodily harm to five more. This earns him the nickname "Drax the Destroyer."
- Misty Knight searches Cockroach Hamilton's apartment, but cannot find anything incriminating. Her work partner, Rafael Scarfe, insists on searching himself, and returns with a gun he claims to have found, having actually planted it himself to take Hamilton down, without telling anyone. Hamilton insists that the gun is not his, but no one believes him as he is taken away for arrest.
- Capture of the Witch:
- The Witch steals the Dark Scepter.
- Wong discovers the robbery and tries to stop her, but he is defeated.
- Wong alerts Kaecilius about the robbery. Kaecilius confronts him, blaming him for letting the Witch escape. Eventually, Daniel Drumm and Tina Minoru arrive and defend Wong.
- Kaecilius goes solo to confront the Witch, but she defeats him as well.
- The Masters of the Mystic Arts track the Witch to the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. The group confront the thief and after a grueling battle, with their combined efforts they are able to overpower her and claim the scepter.
- Wong puts the Dark Scepter with all the other mystical objects at the New York Sanctum.
- Brock Rumlow awakes from his coma. He watches a report on the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. from his hospital bed. Disillusioned and furious at HYDRA's defeat and Alexander Pierce's death, he assaults his nurse and escapes.
- In the 29th Precinct Police Station, Misty Knight is frustrated that she cannot take down a scammer called Haverland. Scarfe says they could steal from the evidence room and plant something to get him on, and Knight is concerned at his willingness to do such a thing. Scarfe then reveals that he was just joking, to Knight's relief, believing him to be incorruptible. He leaves for the night, saying his son, Earl, is waiting up for him so they can watch the New York Mets game.
- While Earl Scarfe waits for his father, he finds one of his guns, which Rafael had forgotten to lock up. Earl plays with it and accidentally shoots himself, dying from the shot.
- Recovering some items from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Research and Development labs, Brock Rumlow sets up an arms sale to draw out HYDRA agents, on whom he opens fire to send the message that he no longer works for them, while getting some satisfaction by subjecting them to the pain that he suffered himself.
- 13-year-old Chase Stein starts drinking Alex Wilder's family's Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve at friend meetups at Wilder Mansion.
- The Ice Bucket Challenge begins to raise money for ALS research.
- Capture of Baldo:
- Chase of Rocket:
- Rocket is outraged when D'Xtar only pays them 400 credits despite the fact that the bounty on Baldo was 900. Sick of being cheated, the pair think their luck is changing when a woman leads them into a bar promising them free drinks. Unfortunately, they discover that it is a trap and that a bounty has been placed on Rocket when they are ambushed by bounty hunters. Rocket produces his Laser Cannon, causing huge damage to the bar and confusion among the bounty hunters.
- Suddenly, Groot grabs Rocket. Rocket is shocked and hurt by his friend's betrayal. When some bounty hunters surround them, Rocket shoots off the end of Groot's finger to escape from his grip.
- Rocket is chased through the streets by both Groot and the bounty hunters. He escapes into a building by tapping the wires of a lock. He runs into a bounty hunter who is sick of Rocket collecting bounties he feels he deserves, and prepares to kill him.
- Groot then crashes through the wall. Rocket informs him that the bounty hunter put the bounty on him to thin out the competition. Groot threatens the bounty hunter, who cancels the bounty on Rocket. Groot then reveals that betraying Rocket was an act so that Rocket would attack him and make him angry, as he is a better fighter in that state. Rocket is thankful and the two leave.
- Six months after the supposed death of Kilgrave, Trish Walker finally finds out that her adopted sister, Jessica Jones, has become a private investigator.
- Still devastated by his son's death, Rafael Scarfe tells Misty Knight that he feels it is his fault, and that this is judgment for everything he has done wrong.
- Having been working as interns at the law firm Landman and Zack, Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson are offered permanent jobs at the firm. Nelson shows great enthusiasm about the offer, but Murdock believes that working for such a soulless company is not the right direction for them to go in. Murdock manages to convince the skeptical Nelson not to take the job offer and to instead start up their own law firm where they can really help innocent people and make a difference to their city.
- Matt Murdock has trouble sleeping due to one of his neighbor's daughter crying as her father is abusing her. Murdock contacts the police to have him arrested; however, the man is able to get away with the crime as his wife claims he never committed the crime and his daughter does not reveal the truth.
- The next night, seeing that the man would not face justice, Murdock dons a black eyeless mask and goes after the man. He manages to find him at the train yard where he works. Murdock severely beats him up and threatens that if he ever touches his daughter again, he would find him and possibly kill him. The man would spend the next month in the hospital, while Murdock would consider more acts of vigilantism.
- The Ravagers are hired by a Xandarian merchant called the Broker to recover the Orb from the planet Morag.
- Massacre of the Korbinites: On Korbin, Nebula battles Korbinites, fighting under her father, Thanos' instruction. She is caught off guard by a grenade and a Korbinite goes to attack her, but her adoptive sister Gamora arrives and kills it from behind. Nebula angrily tells her sister she did not ask for her help, but Gamora notes that she always needs it nonetheless. She then tells Nebula Thanos wants them back on the ship, as he has found an Infinity Stone.
- Back on their Q-Ship, Gamora and Nebula discuss the located Infinity Stone: the Power Stone, on Morag. Nebula notes that his plan is finally in motion, and the sisters start to consider the ramifications if he is successful. They are interrupted when Thanos beams in from Korbin.
- Thanos tells his daughters that Ronan the Accuser has located the stone, and that he is sending them to Ronan's ship, since Ronan's obsession clouds his judgement. Nebula kneels and insists that she will make her father proud.
- In an attempt to separate from the Ravagers, Peter Quill, known as "Star-Lord", travels alone to Morag to retrieve the Orb.
- Quill starts up his Walkman, playing Come and Get Your Love by Redbone to entertain himself as he goes to get the Orb. He starts to groove to the song as it begins.
- As the lyrics kick in, Quill kicks his leg up in the air, starting to dance.
- Getting to a puddle, Quill kicks the water and spins as he passes through it, then continues shuffling along.
- Quill encounters some Orloni and kicks them aside in time to the music.
- Quill continues grooving along, then finds a slippery patch, where he slides across. He grabs hold of a passing Orloni and pretends it is a microphone as he sings along to the end of the first verse.
- As Quill reaches the second verse, he again grabs an Orloni and pretends it is a microphone, singing to it.
- Quill struts along and spins around, before slowing down. As he continues walking, he comes across a Korbinite skeleton.
- Quill grabs another Orloni, singing the second chorus to it as he keeps going.
- Getting to another slippery patch, Quill simply slides across once again.
- Quill arrives at a chasm.
- Quill looks down at the creatures in the chasm below, but fires up his Jet Boot Attachments to easily fly over to the other side. He gets to the steps of the Temple Vault and hops up them.
- Using a tool he brought, Peter Quill unlocks the temple door and breaks in, before placing a Plasma Sphere on the ground for light. He sees the Orb is ahead, sitting in a protective field.
- Korath the Pursuer arrives on Xandar with Sakaaran soldiers.
- Battle of Morag: Quill uses a Gravity Mine to draw the Orb out of its field, and is successful. At that moment, Korath and his soldiers break in. Korath asks how he knows about it, but Quill claims to just be a junker looking around. When Korath makes off with the Orb, Quill breaks the Plasma Sphere, which disintegrates the soldiers. He then shoots Korath with his Quad Blasters and picks up the Orb when the Kree drops it. Korath shoots at him but he dodges.
- The blast hits the wall behind Quill, and he flies out through it with his jet boots. He then runs to escape as Korath pursues him, throwing a Gravity Mine to suck in the remaining Sakaaran soldiers and hold them down, then leaping for his ship, the Milano.
- Quill slides into the Milano cockpit as the Sakaarans free themselves from the Gravity Mine and prepare to stop him. Korath leads them in preparing a cannon, then starts firing as Quill pilots the ship away, dodging the blasts.
- The Milano gets caught in a geyser which propels the ship into the air, and Quill falls out of the pilot seat. However, before he can crash, he manages to grab the controls and stabilize the ship.
- A Krylorian woman named Bereet, who Quill has just started dating, emerges from the ship's hold, asking what happened. Quill admits he had forgotten she was on-board.
- Star-Lord pilots the ship safely away from Morag.
- Red Skull continues to guard the Soul Stone on Vormir for any prospective seekers.
- Bereet accidentally puts Quill on a call with Yondu Udonta, who is angry to find Quill and the Orb missing on Morag. Quill explains his separation from the group, so Yondu then orders a bounty on Quill's head.
- Ronan murders a Xandarian Nova Corps operative that had been sent by Irani Rael to negotiate a ceasefire.
- Korath informs Ronan the Accuser of Quill's taking of the Orb, and sends Gamora to retrieve it, not realizing that she is actually working for the Collector.
- Attack on Peter Quill: Star-Lord travels to Xandar and attempts to give the Orb to the Broker, but upon learning that Ronan the Accuser seeks it for himself, the Broker cancels the deal. Gamora attacks Quill and makes off with the Orb. Two criminals, Rocket Raccoon and Groot, attempt to capture Quill to collect Yondu Udonta's bounty, and they, Quill, and Gamora are all apprehended by the Nova Corps and imprisoned on the Kyln.
- Gamora is nearly killed by vengeful inmates led by Drax the Destroyer, whose wife and daughter were murdered by Ronan, but is saved by Quill. Upon learning that the Collector is willing to pay a substantial amount for the Orb, Quill, Rocket, and Groot agree to help Gamora escape the Kyln in exchange for splitting the payment between the four of them.
- Yondu Udonta and Kraglin visit the Broker, who reveals to them the nature of the Orb.
- Ronan the Accuser is summoned by Thanos to discuss Gamora's desertion. Ronan kills the Other and berates Thanos for not taking the situation seriously. Thanos ignores Ronan's insults and threatens to destroy him if he does not bring him the Orb. Nebula replaces Gamora as Ronan's assistant in the crusade.
- Escape from the Kyln:
- Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot stage a mass breakout on the Kyln. Assisted by Drax the Destroyer, they shut down the prison's power, triggering emergency containment procedures, and then hijack the prison's watchtower.
- They shut down the artificial gravity and pilot the watchtower to the prison's hanger bay via hacked security drones. They reclaim the Orb and escape in Quill's ship, the Milano, but Quill remains behind to recover his walkman headset. He manages to regroup with the others, and they flee from the system.
- Massacre at the Kyln: Ronan and Nebula invade the Kyln but find that Gamora has already fled. Before leaving, Ronan orders for the prison to be "cleansed".
- The Milano arrives at Knowhere, where Gamora schedules a meeting with the Collector. While waiting, the group spend time in the Boot of Jemiah, where Drax, Rocket, and Groot bet on Orloni fights.
- Star-Lord makes advances towards Gamora, who violently rejects him. Drax and Rocket, both drunk, get into a fight, after which Drax storms off and the rest of the group are summoned by the Collector.
- Skirmish on Knowhere:
- They give the Orb to him and he opens it, revealing the Infinity Stone inside. After explaining the stone's origins, the Collector prepares to give the group their payment. His slave, Carina, grabs the stone in order to free herself from slavery, but the power overwhelms and kills her.
- A massive explosion destroys the Collector's Museum, and Gamora reseals the stone into the Orb. Ronan, Nebula, and their Sakaaran allies are summoned to Knowhere by a vengeful Drax, who is subdued in battle with Ronan.
- Nebula pursues Gamora into space, leaving her stranded and nearly killing her. While Ronan and his minions make off with the Orb, and Star-Lord contacts the Ravagers to pick up him and Gamora, giving her his helmet to survive.
- After leaving Knowhere, Ronan contacts Thanos and betrays him, deciding to keep the Infinity Stone for himself, grafting it into his hammer. Nebula chooses to remain with Ronan out of spite for Thanos.
- On Knowhere, Groot convinces Rocket to rescue Star-Lord and Gamora.
- On the Eclector, Star-Lord and Gamora negotiate a truce with the Ravagers, agreeing to give the Orb to them if they help them stop Ronan from using it to destroy Xandar. Rocket, Groot, and Drax suddenly arrive and threaten to destroy the mothership with a Hadron Enforcer, but Star-Lord is able to stop him. Star-Lord's group and the Ravagers formulate a plan to hijack Ronan's ship, the Dark Aster, and kill him.
- Star-Lord contacts Nova Corps officer Rhomann Dey and warns him of Ronan the Accuser's attack. Dey forwards the news to Nova-Prime Irani Rael, who prepares Xandar's defenses.
- Battle of Xandar:
- The Dark Aster arrives at Xandar, and the entire Nova Corps fleet is sent in to intercept it. A Ravager fleet led by Yondu Udonta arrives, distracting the Dark Aster. The Milano, carrying Star-Lord, Gamora, Groot, and Drax the Destroyer, slips through the chaos and infiltrates the Aster. Rocket Raccoon, piloting the Warbird, aids the Nova Corps and Ravagers in dealing with the Sakaarans. The Nova Corps fleet sets up a force shield to keep the Aster from landing. All Sakaaran ground and air forces are subdued, but Ronan, using the Infinity Stone inside the Orb, decimates the entire Nova Corps fleet, including Denarian Garthan Saal.
- On board the Dark Aster, Gamora duels Nebula, who escapes on a hijacked M-Ship. Drax kills Korath the Pursuer and Groot slays the rest of the Sakaaran soldiers, and the group then converge on Ronan, who defeats them with ease. Rocket pilots the Warbird through the Aster and into Ronan, incapacitating him and damaging the vessel and causing it to crash into Xandar. Groot shields his comrades in a cocoon of branches to protect them from the crash, and is pulverized in the impact.
- Ronan emerges from the wreckage unscathed and prepares to destroy Xandar with the Infinity Stone, but Star-Lord distracts him, allowing Rocket and Drax to destroy his hammer with the Hadron Enforcer, freeing the stone. Star-Lord catches the stone and, with Gamora, Rocket, and Drax sharing its burden, uses it to destroy Ronan. Gamora then seals the stone in a new makeshift container, and instead of giving it to the Ravagers, Star-Lord gives them a decoy. The stone is then taken by the Nova Corps and contained.
- Star-Lord's group receive medical attention.
- On Knowhere, a downtrodden Collector is licked by the dog Cosmo and mocked by one of his old collections, Howard the Duck.
- While talking with Irani Rael, Star-Lord's alien ancestry is revealed.
- Star-Lord's group, now calling themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy, are exalted for their heroics and their criminal records are expunged. Departing in a repaired Milano, the group depart Xandar in search of adventure. They bring a sapling cut of Groot with them, which begins to regenerate.
- Having grown a bit bigger, on the Milano Groot begins to dance to "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5 behind Drax, freezing whenever Drax looks his way.
- Nebula is captured by the Sovereign attempting to steal Anulax Batteries.
- Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon have fun flying together using Aero-Rigs.
- Phil Coulson, Melinda May and Skye record a birthday message video for Jemma Simmons for her 27th birthday, as she is not at the base with them, instead on an assignment for Coulson at HYDRA. They tell her to make a wish and then blow out the candle for her. Leo Fitz, still believing that Simmons left to see her parents, records a more personal message, asking her to say "hi" to her parents for him, and promising her that they will see each other soon.
- Agent Jemma Simmons, undercover within HYDRA per Phil Coulson's request, goes to her new workplace in HYDRA Laboratories.
- In the Playground, Coulson alerts Melinda May that HYDRA has captured Agent 33.
- Simmons discovers that HYDRA is looking for Donnie Gill, whom she knows from their previous encounter, and that they are studying his abilities.
- In Marrakech, Gill is found by two HYDRA agents. He freezes one of them and takes his cell phone.
- Simmons meets with Coulson and tells him about Gill, and that she believes he must have gained some kind of powers after he was struck by lightning. Coulson decides that they must try to recruit Gill before HYDRA reaches him.
- Skye tries to get information from Grant Ward. Ward tells her that he was never loyal to HYDRA, only to Garrett. He also tells her about HYDRA's protocol when it concerns the "gifted", which is to either recruit or kill them.
- Donnie Gill goes to a freighter. He stands near it and freezes the water.
- Sunil Bakshi accuses Simmons of lying for not telling him that she knew about Project Blizzard, the project that gave powers to Gill. She covers by saying that she did not know who the subject of the project was until yesterday, which is true. Bakshi asks if she is loyal to HYDRA, to which Simmons simply replies that she is loyal to science.
- Coulson and his team hear about the frozen ship in the sea. They prepare to leave on the Bus.
- Bakshi brings together a group of agents with Simmons to go and find Gill.
- Fitz is shocked when he enters Grant Ward's cell. Ward tries to explain himself to Fitz, to no avail. Furious, Fitz explains what Ward has done to him, and starts draining the oxygen from his cell. Ward tells him that Coulson and the others do not understand that Gill was brainwashed and was used by HYDRA to take the Sandbox in one of the battles during the HYDRA Uprising. Fitz tells Mack about Gill and that they have to alert Coulson.
- Battle on the Maribel del Mar:
- At the freighter, Mack calls Coulson and tells him about Gill being brainwashed by HYDRA. Coulson orders his team to stop HYDRA from talking to Gill to prevent the brainwashing from being triggered again.
- When May notices Simmons, she takes out Hunter so as to prevent him from killing her, as he does not know who she is. Alerted by the noise, Gill runs. Coulson orders his team to maintain Simmons' cover.
- Gill runs into Bakshi, who speaks the brainwashing code to him and Gill falls under his sway. Bakshi orders Gill to freeze the ship, but he is shot by Skye. Gill falls into the ocean.
- Skye monitors channels, trying to learn if someone has found Gill's body. Skye tells May that she does not understand why Coulson did not tell anyone about Simmons, but May simply states that she will handle it.
- Coulson goes to talk to Fitz, reminding him that he is still an important part of the team, but that he saw what he did to Ward. Fitz says that he is not a killer. Coulson explains that he hates Ward as much as him, but they need to find out more about HYDRA from him. Coulson reveals to him that Simmons is on assignment, and that is why she has made no contact. He also tells Fitz that is a lot more he is hiding.
- Whitehall tells Bakshi that S.H.I.E.L.D. is becoming a problem and he wants to know who is in charge. Agent 33 then reveals herself, now brainwashed and loyal to Whitehall.
- Ward reveals to Skye that her father is still alive and he wants to meet with her.
- The 1987 news story "Perfect End to Historic Season", about Eddie Axton leading the New York Knickerbockers to victory at the 1987 Championship Series, is reprinted in a newspaper.
- Battle on Sovereign:
- The Guardians of the Galaxy are hired by Ayesha, the High Priestess of the Sovereign, to defeat the Abilisk: a beast who is slowly devouring her home planet's power source, the special Anulax Batteries.
- They agree to kill the monster in exchange for Nebula, whom the Sovereign captured not long after the Battle of Xandar. The team defeat the beast by exposing a cut on its neck, and Gamora using her sword to stab into the cut and slice down through the Abilisk.
- After the battle, the Guardians meet with Ayesha, and Nebula is handed over as promised.
- They intend to leave Sovereign peacefully, however, Rocket Raccoon has decided to take some Anulax Batteries for himself. When this is discovered, it angers Ayesha and the Sovereign people.
- Escape from the Sovereign Fleet: The Sovereign send their fleet to chase and attack the Guardians of the Galaxy, heavily damaging the Milano. The group is forced to crash-land on a nearby planet, but before the Sovereign fleet can kill them, it is single-handedly destroyed by Ego. On landing on the planet, Berhert, the Guardians argue, when Ego suddenly lands and reveals himself to be Quill's father.
- On Contraxia, Yondu Udonta has a run-in with Stakar Ogord, nearly 20 years after Ogord banished him for child trafficking. Ogord reiterates Yondu's exile from the greater Ravager community, despite his protests. Ayesha then arrives and hires Yondu to recapture the Guardians.
- Ego invites Quill to return to his home with his protégée Mantis. Quill is cautious, and speaks to Gamora about his concerns regarding Ego's claims, but she reassures him that things will turn out alright. Meanwhile, Drax and Mantis are acquainted.
- Gamora, Drax, and Star-Lord leave with Ego and Mantis to Ego's planet. Rocket and Groot remain to repair the Milano and guard Nebula.
- Mantis demonstrates her empathetic abilities to the trio on Ego's Ship as they travel.
- The Ravagers land on Berhert, where the Milano crash-landed. As they approach the ship to kidnap the Guardians, they step into Rocket Raccoon's traps.
- Attack on Berhert:
- Rocket enjoys setting off several traps for them, taking down numerous Ravagers, but he is forced to give in when Yondu Udonta arrives and threatens him with his Yaka Arrow. However, when Yondu shows reluctance to turn Quill over to the Sovereign, some of the group question whether he is being too soft, and Ravager Taserface uses the opportunity to lead a mutiny against him.
- Nebula tricks Groot into releasing her, claiming that she will help, but instead she shoots Yondu's fin, knocking him out and helping the Ravagers. Groot, Udonta, and Rocket are incarcerated on the Ravagers' ship, the Eclector.
- Quill, Gamora, Drax, Ego, and Mantis arrive at Ego's home: a living planet that is an extension of his body. Ego explains that he is a god-like being called a Celestial, and he created a humanoid avatar to travel across the galaxy and interact with other species.
- Yondu Udonta and Rocket Raccoon are forced to watch as Yondu's loyal men are killed, thrown out the airlock of the Eclector.
- Nebula is given a ship in return for having helped the Ravagers, and leaves to pursue her sister and get revenge on her.
- Ego teaches Quill to access and manipulate the power within his planet, to Quill's amazement.
- Drax becomes friendly with Mantis, who anxiously begins to attempt to reveal a secret about Ego, before being interrupted by Gamora, asking for Mantis to take them to where they will be staying.
- Rocket and Yondu are thrown in a cell, to be delivered to the Kree in the morning. In their imprisonment, Rocket and Yondu discover they are very alike, and Yondu shares his low opinion of Ego, who originally hired Yondu's Ravagers to deliver Quill after his mother's death. Meanwhile, Groot is spared, but humiliated by Taserface's men.
- Once the Ravagers have gone to sleep, Groot walks away, dejected, and goes to Yondu and Rocket's cell. Yondu calls him over, and gives him instructions on how to find a prototype version of Yaka Arrow Controller in the captain's quarters, to aid their escape. Groot excitedly runs off to find it, but Rocket is skeptical as to whether Groot understood the instructions.
- Groot returns, but with Yondu's underwear. They send him back several times, but he does not understand, bringing useless and strange items like a severed toe and a large desk.
- Escape from the Eclector: Soon before the morning, Groot goes one final time to find the fin, but yet again retrieves the wrong item. Kraglin Obfonteri sees this, however, and assists Groot in taking the arrow controller and freeing Yondu, who forgives Kraglin and tells him to prepare the Quadrant for their escape. Together, Rocket, Groot, and Yondu walk through the Eclector to make their escape. The Ravagers are alerted and woken, but as they rush to stop the escape, Yondu uses the Yaka Arrow, controlled by his new fin, to kill all of them. Taserface alerts the Sovereign of the escape, and gives them the coordinates of Ego's planet so they can go after Yondu and the Guardians, before Yondu kills him as well in an explosion ignited by the Yaka Arrow.
- Rocket, Groot, Yondu, and Kraglin escape in a detachable section, and engage in a risky space maneuver of 700 consecutive jumps to reach Ego's planet in time to help Quill.
- Quill, happy to have found his father and his new powers, attempts to get Gamora to dance with him, and she eventually obliges. However, they quickly fall out, as Gamora is upset that Quill is valuing his biological father over the second family he found in their Guardians team. Gamora storms off to sit peacefully on her own in a field.
- Attack on Gamora:
- Nebula arrives at Ego's planet in the ship from the Ravagers and tries to kill Gamora. Gamora fights back, and the two of them end up fighting in the caverns beneath the planet's surface. Gamora gets the upper hand, but lets her sister live.
- Nebula takes the opportunity to pin down Gamora, but changes her mind about killing her, satisfied with just having beaten her for once.
- The two sisters reach an uneasy truce, and together they explore the caverns beneath Ego's planet's surface.
- Ego and Peter Quill bond over the song Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass. Ego then tells Quill that he wants to show him something.
- Mantis wakes Drax, desperate to warn him about Ego before it is too late.
- Gamora and Nebula are concerned as they approach a sinister cave.
- Ego reveals his master plan to Quill: he travelled the universe and planted seedlings on thousands of worlds, so that he could terraform them into new extensions of himself. However, he needed a second Celestial's power to activate the seedlings, so he conceived children with hundreds of women all across the galaxy and hired Yondu's Ravagers to collect them.
- Meanwhile, Gamora and Nebula discover hundreds of skeletal remains in the cave; the remains of Ego's children.
- Ego reveals that every child of his was killed when they proved unable to access Celestial power, but Quill is the first able to harness the power, and Ego uses him to activate all the seedlings. His "expansion" begins, as he uses Quill to activate the seeds' terraforming, that will eventually consume all those worlds, and every person on them.
- As Rocket, Groot, Yondu, and Kraglin come to the end of their dangerous 700 jumps, one of the jumps passes by a conversation between the Watchers and one of their informants. Once the interruption has passed, the informant continues telling his tales to the Watchers, from where he's been planted at different points in time.
- Quill is hypnotized by Ego's power until Ego reveals he deliberately caused the death of Quill's mother. Quill breaks free of his trance and fights back.
- On Earth, Xandar, and all other planets that have Ego's seeds, the process of terraforming begins. In Missouri, the source of the Earth seedling, people admire the biomass, but when it begins to grow, the citizens run and drive away as fast as they can.
- One of the people escaping is Peter Quill's Grandfather.
- Battle on Ego's Planet:
- Mantis informs Gamora, Drax and Nebula of Ego's plan just as Rocket, Groot, Yondu, and Kraglin arrive. Reunited, the Guardians blast through layers of Ego to get to his core and kill him.
- As the Guardians fight their way through to the core, a fleet of Sovereign Omnicrafts arrives following Taserface's information, to kill the Guardians. The team retaliate against the Sovereign while having to fight Ego himself.
- Rocket sends Groot into the thick shell at the core of Ego's planet, protecting Ego's brain, to plant a bomb with the Anulax Batteries and kill him.
- Mantis attempts to keep Ego at bay by trying to make him sleep, while Quill and Yondu defeat the Sovereign. Their ship is destroyed, but the duo escape unharmed.
- As Ego looks likely to win, the Guardians put in a final push of attack. Groot plants the bomb and most of the Guardians escape, while Quill remains to battle his father, using his access to Ego's celestial power.
- When the bomb explodes, Ego dies and the planet collapses. Yondu gives his spacesuit to Quill to save him, sacrificing himself as he dies in the atmosphere of space.
- The Watchers become tired of their informant's stories and walk away, leaving him concerned as to how he will return home.
- Nebula reconciles with Gamora, but chooses to leave anyway, to finds a way to kill Thanos once for all. The two part as caring sisters.
- The Guardians give Yondu a traditional Ravager funeral, and dozens of Ravagers, including Stakar Ogord, arrive to pay their respects, releasing a string of fireworks.
- Kraglin Obfonteri tries to use the Yaka Arrow and its controller, but accidentally fires the arrow into Drax's shoulder, causing him to scream in pain.
- The Ravager leader Stakar Ogord is moved by the death of Yondu, his friend and former teammate, and reunites with fellow ex-teammates Charlie-27, Aleta Ogord, Mainframe, and Krugarr, to reform their old team.
- Adam Warlock is created by the leader of the Sovereign, Ayesha, in order to find a way to kill the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In Kandahar, Afghanistan, with only 29 days remaining of his rotation, Frank Castle receives a card from his family back home for his birthday. He opens it and is delighted to see that his wife, Maria, has bought him tickets to see Bruce Springsteen perform live.
- Castle is called in with Russo to have a mission briefing with Agent Orange and Ray Schoonover. Agent Orange explains the plan, but Castle expresses disapproval, highlighting that the fact that the target they have been after for months has suddenly shown up likely means it is a trap, as the Afghans have become aware of their operation. Agent Orange overrules him and tells him to proceed, and Castle reluctantly agrees, warning that he thinks people will die.
- Ambush in Kandahar: As Castle predicted, when the Cerberus Squad arrive at the location, they are ambushed. Several members of the squad are killed, and Castle realizes that enemy mortars will soon target them. He decides he has to act and enters the opposition's compound alone, forced to kill numerous insurgents, shooting them and then using his combat knife once he runs out of ammunition. With the insurgents dead, the squad can fall back to a safe location where a helicopter can evacuate them.
- Back at the Cerberus Squad Compound, Castle vomits from the physical exhaustion and horror of the events of the ambush. Agent Orange returns, but shows complete apathy at the deaths of the men, simply asking if they managed to kill the target. Castle is enraged at the man and attacks him brutally in anger, punching him in face and blinding him in one eye. Billy Russo rushes to hold him back and pulls him aside, telling him that no matter how unethical Agent Orange is, he will never be blamed as the blame always falls on the soldiers. Protecting you, it's never on them. He informs Castle that he is transferring back to the Marine Force by request.
- Frank Castle is taken away from Operation Cerberus to serve elsewhere, where he is assigned to a further 4-and-a-half months' service instead of the originally planned 4 more weeks.
- Darren Cross posts on Google+ saying "The ability to create life artificially with such ease? Times are indeed changing. (Link - http://www.wired.com/2014/11/opentrons-bio-robots/)".
- Samantha Reyes is honored by The New York Trial Lawyers Association. "Awarded On Behalf Of The Board And Membership In Recognition And Appreciation Of Her Service To The Profession"
- Rite of Blood: PRIDE has a meeting, performing their thirteenth Rite of Blood ritual, where they sacrifice 20-year-old runaway Emily Wong to revitalize Jonah.
- Jonathan Pangborn is admitted to hospital for recovery. He is given treatment three times a week for the next few weeks.
- Pangborn has x-rays taken of his serious injuries and the operations performed.
- Pym Technologies posts on Google+ saying: "Pym Technologies has been supporting ideas for improved sensory-technology. Swarm robots with no sensory limitations? We think yes. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant_robotics)."
- A fire occurs in the church of Santa Maria de las Flores in Miami, Florida. The entire church burns down, except for a painting which is over 500 years old. This painting has the Words of Creation (alien signs Phil Coulson has been drawing) etched into its back. The priest of the church decides to organize an event so as to raise funds and rebuild the church.
- After the completion of Operation Cerberus, William Rawlins returns to the United States of America to continue his work as Deputy Director of Covert Affairs.
- Darren Cross posts on Google+ saying "Extremely excited about virtual reality. Perhaps Pym Tech can take VR a step further? (Link - http://mashable.com/2014/12/18/street-view-virtual-reality/)".
- WHiH World News posts late at night on Google+ saying "S.H.I.E.L.D. heavily connected to government conspiracies? More at 10."
- Jonathan Pangborn leaves Metro-General Hospital in order to find a new way to heal his injuries. He spends the next five months trying many different spiritual treatments.
- Darren Cross posts on Google+ saying "The near-future of tech will change the world. And Pym Tech will be a part of that change. Happy New Year! http://mashable.com/2014/12/22/tech-trends-2015".