Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
This is a timeline of events that occurred in 2010.
- 1 2010
- 1.1 January
- 1.2 February
- 1.3 March
- 1.4 April
- 1.5 May
- 1.6 June
- 1.7 July
- 1.8 August
- 1.9 September
- 1.10 October
- 1.11 November
- 1.12 December
- 2 References
- Attack on the Ten Rings Ship: Nick Fury sends in a team of United States Navy SEALs to board a ship controlled by the Ten Rings in the port of Aden. However, Iron Man suddenly appears and attacks the terrorists killing them and saving the SEALs.
- Iron Man returns to his mansion and informs Pepper Potts about the recent events.
- Mary Walker is captured while serving in Sokovia, and four of her squad teammates are killed, the other three captured with her.
- Pepper Potts approaches Tony Stark as he tinkers with his Mark IV Iron Man armor to ask him how he is dealing with the fact that he has five simultaneous dates scheduled for the evening. He states that he wants to finish a piece for his armor first, and then will come up with a plan.
- Ambush at The Rearview:
- Stark dries to the The Rearview garage to speak with a mechanic, and is greeted by a worker named Mike Charles. However, as they talk, an explosion goes off by Stark's car, followed by gunshots.
- Stark leads Charles to a truck he owns, explaining that mercenaries must have followed him to the garage. Charles drives and Stark calls Potts, telling her he needs the Iron Man armor, giving her an access code to type into J.A.R.V.I.S. so it will be ready. He then tells Charles that they will take the fastest route back to his mansion and starts giving directions. Charles is confused, saying he knows where the mansion is and that this is not the way, but Stark asks to trust him.
- Following Stark's instructions, Charles finds himself driving past a police parade. Stark explains that he used Charles' cell phone to look up events going on in the city and found out about it, choosing to pass so as to attract the authorities' attention. As they drive, he briefly leans out of the window to take a photo of the mercenaries' license plate.
- Stark continues to give instructions and chooses to pass by the apartment of two actresses, hoping they will see the commotion and that he will therefore have a good excuse for missing his date. Charles is bemused by Stark's motivation in the life-or-death situation.
- The pair finally drive to a bridge Stark has looked up on the phone to be opening soon. As it lifts, they drive the truck over it and jump the gap, landing on the other side and getting away from the mercenaries, who are unable to follow as the bridge is then too far open.
- Pepper Potts arrives and Stark says he needs to get back to Malibu.
- Stark picks up his Iron Man armor from his mansion and flies to find the mercenaries. He pulls the man inside, Jenkins, out of the vehicle.
- Iron Man flies back to Mike Charles and Pepper Potts with Jenkins in tow, to be arrested. Potts asks him if he has made a decision about his dates, and he says that he had to cancel them all. When Charles states that the women will be furious, Stark says that he is sure they will be - and tells him that that is why he gave them Charles' number, not his own, to Charles' horror.
- A photograph of the Mark I Iron Man armor is uploaded online. In 2015, Ultron would access this image when scrolling through information to learn about the Avengers.
- As Tony Stark continues to operate as Iron Man, he brings about a period of relative peace and is credited with stabilizing east–west relations, while maintaining a partying lifestyle. Stark's main target in his operations as Iron Man are the Ten Rings, who are based in Pavlodar, Kabul, and the Gulf of Aden. 
- Attack on the Al-Kut Air Base: With information taken from the WHiH World News crew deployed in the area, Tony Stark learns of a terrorist attack in Al-Kut, and he quickly arrives to kill the insurgents and rescue civilians, including the news crew.
- Attack on the Somali Pirates' Ship: Tony Stark attacks the ship from a group of Somali pirates when coming across it near the gulf of Aden.
- Attack on the Aerodynamic Marvel: Tony Stark is asked to rescue an airman in the North Kivu region of Congo who was test-piloting a vehicle designed by Justin Hammer under the orders of Thaddeus Ross.
- Three hours later, Stark and Ross have an argument in Cairo that ends with veiled threats to one another. After that, Stark realizes the Palladium core of his Arc Reactor is slowly poisoning him, and while he searches for a cure he keeps his condition a secret.
- Test subjects are chosen for Project T.A.H.I.T.I., and they undergo the trials. Their results are monitored over the following weeks.
- In the Western Ghats, India, Abby Rose prepares to drive for the Stark Industries racing team in a cross country rally. She is interviewed about the race and says she is confident that Royal Purple's gasoline will help her, as well as Tony Stark's shock absorbers. The interviewer asks her thoughts on whether the event should even be happening due to possible sabotage problems in earlier stages, but Rose says there is no proof of that. She admits, however, that her competition, Aiden Julius is a strong competitor, before getting in the car to start.
- Ambush at the Ten Rings' Indian Diamond Mine
- Fifty miles from the start of the race, Iron Man discovers an illegal diamond mine. He spots a pickup truck arriving and believes they are carrying normal rifles. However, when he zooms in his vision, he realizes they are specifically trellor propellant rifles and spots a Ten Rings tattoo. They start to shoot, using diamond-tipped bullets to penetrate his armor. The Ten Rings then deploy an electromagnetic pulse, leaving him unable to fly away. Suddenly, Rose pulls up mid-race and opens the door to let him in. She drives to continue the rally and get away from the pursuing truck, while also contending with Aiden Julius.
- Iron Man asks Rose to slow briefly so he can warn Julius about what is happening. However, when he does so, they are shocked when Julius starts shooting at them. Rose realizes that the accidents in past races were an inside job, with Julius taking out the other cars to hide the illegal diamond mine.
- Rose continues to drive the race, confident she can win and that if they get to the end of the race, they will be safe as Julius cannot attack with witnesses. They lose the pickup truck, but Julius remains close behind. Meanwhile, Stark plugs his suit into the car to charge it as she drives.
- The cross country race continues and Rose drives fearlessly over and through obstacles. With 1 mile to go, the Iron Man armor is ready, and Stark leaves the car and blasts Julius' vehicle. He takes the unconscious Julius from the car and tells her to finish the race as he flies back to deal with the terrorists. As he leaves, he tells her that they should meet for an evening meal.
- Hot Tub Time Machine is released in the United States of America.
- How to Train Your Dragon is released in the United States of America.
- The first promotional video is released for the upcoming "Stark Expo 2010" in Flushing Meadows, New York City, due to start on May 7, 2010. A website is launched to accompany the announcement to promote the exposition - the first Stark Expo since 1974.
- Along with the site and first video, Stark Expo 2010 releases an old promotional video for Stark Expo 74, the last Expo until now, advertising it as a "dream of tomorrow, realized today," and featuring Howard Stark. The old video invites viewers to join them for the opening in April 1974.
- In Melbourne, Australia, Cordco films its annual product presentation. Managing director Karl Oakley demonstrates a sonic fire extinguisher, adapted from Iron Man Mark IV technology for the upcoming Stark Expo 2010.
- AccuTech release their video for Stark Expo 2010, in which CEO Charles Healey introduces the HazTech Exoskeleton, which is further discussed by Klaus Haas, head of Research and Development, explaining its uses for rehabilitative purposes.
- Bradford gets fired from the New Orleans Police Department due to drug charges, and asks for James Connors' help, but Connors is nowhere to be found.
- 158 days since his last "incident", having now settled in Rocinha, Brazil, Bruce Banner has an accident that causes a drop of his blood to fall into a soda bottle. He sends a sample of his blood to Samuel Sterns, who conducts further experiments with it outside of the analysis that Banner needs.
- Robbery of the Maltese Museum:
- A group of robbers steal one hundred million dollars worth of paintings from the Maltese Museum in Germany, escaping in a red SUV.
- Tony Stark is on a business trip to make a partnership between Stark Industries and Gorani Insurance. He is stopped on the road by a policeman, who explain the robbery and describes the car the thieves used; he then lets Stark pass.
- Later, Stark fixes the flat tire of a young woman.
- Further along the road he discovers a car matching the description of the car the policemen described earlier. Stark opens the trunk and finds all the paintings inside.
- The criminals return and open fire on Stark, but he fends them off with the glove of the Mark IV Iron Man armor. He manages to return the paintings to the museum and get to the meeting, where he meets the same woman whose tire he repaired.
- The woman is Evetta Gorani, the heir to Gorani Insurance. Her father and Gorani Insurance's current president Michael Gorani explains to him that the paintings he recovered were insured by Gorani, meaning Stark saved the company over one hundred million dollars. He successfully starts a business partnership with Gorani.
- Cordco release the video of their Melbourne presentation 12 days prior, the fourth video released for Stark Expo 2010.
- The test subjects for Project T.A.H.I.T.I. begin to go insane. The decision is made to alter their memories so they do not have to live with their trauma, but in the process they have to be given false memories and new identities. Agent Rebecca Stevens is declared deceased from cancer, and given a new life as "Janice Robbins".
- Stark-Fujikawa releases the final video in the leadup to the opening of Stark Expo 2010 in a fortnight, demonstrating the virtual reality Heads Up Display glasses "Stark HUD 2020" on the streets of Tokyo, and filming the reactions of impressed users.
- The 2010 Stark Expo has its opening ceremony, and is due to then run for a year, followed by a closing ceremony. 
- Stark is summoned to a senate hearing the next day.
- Tony Stark appears before the Senate Armed Services Committee's Weaponized Suit Defense Program Hearings. These are chaired by Pennsylvania Senator Stern, who urges him to give the Iron Man suit, built six months ago, to the military, and calls Lt. Col. James Rhodes and Hammer Industries CEO Justin Hammer to testify against him. Stark refuses to surrender the suit, pointing out that although North Korea and Iran are working to replicate the technology, they are years away from being able to do so. He also reveals Hammer Industries has had its share of failures, leading to the cancellation of Hammer Industries' contacts with the Department of Defense.
- With 362 days remaining (inclusively) of the Expo, Stark appoints Pepper Potts as the new chairman and CEO of Stark Industries.
- In Russia, an agent of the Ten Rings supplies Ivan Vanko assistance in infiltrating the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique.
- Natasha Romanoff is ordered by Nick Fury to go undercover at Stark Industries.
- Ambush in Rio de Janeiro: Thaddeus Ross' unit, having traced Bruce Banner to the bottling factory, raids Rocinha under the field command of Emil Blonsky. Bruce transforms into the Hulk, breaking his 190-day streak without "incident", then defeats the task force and escapes.
- Bruce Banner wakes up in Guatemala and decides to travel back to Culver University to see if any data on his original project remains. Over the next sixteen days, he travels through Central America and the U.S., towards Willowdale, Virginia.
- James Rhodes tries to negotiate a compromise between Tony Stark and the Pentagon. While Rhodes and Stark are arguing, Stark challenges Rhodes to try one of his Iron Man suits. Rhodes accepts and takes the Mark II, arguing with Iron Man during the flight. When they arrive back at Stark's Mansion and Rhodes gets his armor off, he makes it clear that he does not let Stark put him in the position to choose between their friendship and his duty. Saying at his departure, that they both know where that would end up.
- Tony Stark signs paperwork to transfer power to Pepper, and meets his new personal assistant, "Natalie Rushman".
- Tony Stark updates his design log again, on "Day 189", recounting the opening of the Expo and saying that he believes he has sorted the delivery problem. Stark then finishes the assembling of his Mark V armor, and leaves to board a plane to Monaco for the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique.
- Duel of Monaco: At the Circuit de Monaco, Stark replaces Team Stark's regular driver DiFilipo in Race G. Ivan Vanko attacks him between turns 16 and 17 by the harbor. Switching into a portable, lightweight Iron Man armor (Mark V) Stark defeats Vanko.
- Later that evening, Stark visits Vanko in prison before flying back to the United States of America with Pepper.
- Senator Stern appears on news channels to support military control of the Iron Man armor.
- Justin Hammer orchestrates Ivan Vanko's escape from prison to have him work on Hammer Industries' own weapon-suit program.
- Justin Hammer and Ivan Vanko arrive at the Hammer Industries Headquarters in New York City. Vanko begins revamping Hammer's own battle suit prototypes into unmanned, remote-controlled drones.
- Media speculation continues about Tony Stark's fitness to continue as Iron Man. James Rhodes tries to convince him to hand over the Iron Man suits to the United States Armed Forces, but he continues to refuse.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors Bruce Banner, Jane Foster, and Tony Stark.
- Nick Fury is informed that Tony Stark has 72 hours left to live due to his palladium poisoning.
- Duel at Tony Stark's Mansion: On Tony Stark's birthday, he is inconsolable over his inability to solve his palladium poisoning dilemma and gets drunk, which leads to a confrontation with James Rhodes, who dons the Mark II Iron Man armor. The fight wrecks a portion of Stark's Malibu mansion, and Rhodes leaves with the Mark II suit.
- Bruce Banner passes through U.S. customs, and there are reports of "atmospheric disturbances" in the Southwest region of the United States. Fury leaves S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters to meet Stark, carrying lithium to slow the palladium's effects, and orders Agent Jasper Sitwell to track Banner.
- Jane Foster contacts Erik Selvig, who flies out to New Mexico to help her monitor the atmospheric disturbances. Her message is intercepted by S.H.I.E.L.D.
- In Asgard, Thor's coronation is suddenly interrupted when Odin senses a break-in in his treasure room. The culprits are discovered to be Frost Giants, and the Destroyer kills them. Thor is enraged at what he sees as an act of war.
- James Rhodes flies to the Edwards Air Force Base and delivers the Mark II suit to the military. Nick Fury finds Tony Stark at Randy's Donuts, injects him with lithium and confines him to house arrest.
- Natalie Rushman reveals herself to be Natasha Romanoff, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- General Meade orders Justin Hammer to upgrade the Mark II armor with new weaponry, but Rhodey secretly removes the suit's Arc Reactor.
- Stark visits Potts at Stark Industries, where she mentions Hammer is hosting a presentation at the Stark Expo the next day. Returning home, Stark makes an intuitive breakthrough on how to fix his palladium problem through the creation of a new element theorized by his father and hidden in the layout of the Stark Expo.
- Attack on Jotunheim: Thor, Sif, Loki, and the Warriors Three travel to Jotunheim to seek justice for the actions of the Frost Giants. A fight breaks out between the Asgardians and Frost Giants, but Odin arrives riding Sleipnir to break up the fight.
- Returning to Asgard, Odin berates Thor for his reckless actions, stripping him of his godly power and casting him out of Asgard.
- Nick Fury reassigns Agent Phil Coulson from monitoring Tony Stark to investigate atmospheric activity in New Mexico. Coulson leaves that afternoon.
- Stark builds a small Particle Accelerator to create the element using equipment owned by Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.
- 17 days after the Ambush in Rio de Janeiro, Bruce Banner arrives at Culver University. He sees Betty Ross, but does not approach her.
- Battle at Stark Expo:
- Justin Hammer's Stark Expo presentation is hijacked by Ivan Vanko, who uses the drones to attack the crowd, including an 8-year-old Peter Parker.
- Tony Stark flies to the Expo to stop Vanko, defeating the Hammer Drones with the help of Rhodey (wearing the upgraded "War Machine" armor), the Black Widow and Happy Hogan.
- Vanko is killed in an explosion that destroys the Oracle Pavilion, while Hammer is arrested for breaking Vanko out of prison. Stark flies Pepper Potts to safety, they kiss and start a romantic relationship. Rhodey decides to keep the War Machine armor for himself.
- Infiltration into Hammer Industries Headquarters: Before leaving Hammer Industries, Black Widow downloads all of the information stored on Hammer's mainframe and destroys the facility. 
- Phil Coulson arrives at a S.H.I.E.L.D. outpost in Roswell, New Mexico to assemble his team of agents.
- Jane Foster, Erik Selvig, and Darcy Lewis detect a possible Einstein-Rosen Bridge in the nearby desert and discover the powerless Thor at its epicenter. He provokes Lewis with his aggressive behavior, but they subdue him with a tazer and take him to a local hospital.
- Banner goes to his old friend and pizzeria owner Stanley Lieber to hide out. Lieber offers him the pizza shop's upstairs spare bedroom.
- Robbery of the Roxxon Gas Station: On his way from Roswell to Puente Antiguo, Coulson prevents an armed robbery at a gas station.
- In Puente Antiguo, a local man discovers Thor's hammer, Mjølnir, in a crater about 50 miles west of the town. Unable to lift it, he calls several other people to give it a try. Jane Foster helps Thor escape from the hospital where he is being held and takes him back to her workplace.
- Coulson arrives in New Mexico and discovers the site of Mjølnir. S.H.I.E.L.D. quickly quarantines the area and erects a portable laboratory over the site to study the hammer. Clint Barton arrives later that day.
- Loki discovers his true heritage: Laufey, the King of the Frost Giants, is his real father. After confessing the truth Odin collapses and enters Odinsleep. Sif and the Warriors Three suspect Loki's treachery.
- Bruce Banner poses as a pizza delivery man to get access to Culver University's computer labs and research database, giving pizza to Roger Harrington in the process. On the way, he is accidentally seen by Betty Ross, and she has him stay the night at her home. Ross' boyfriend Leonard Samson secretly informs the military of Banner's whereabouts.
- Following the Battle at Stark Expo the night before, Tony Stark updates his design log one final time for "Day 199", recounting the duel with Rhodes on his birthday, and the fight with Vanko.
- Infiltration into the S.H.I.E.L.D. Crater Investigation Site: Thor and Foster head towards the site of the S.H.I.E.L.D. installation erected around Mjølnir. Thor sneaks in and tries to lift Mjølnir, but fails and is captured.
- Loki appears before Thor, who is being held at the S.H.I.E.L.D. installation, and claims Odin is dead. Later, Erik Selvig goes to the installation and manages to get Phil Coulson to release Thor into his custody.
- Emil Blonsky receives an unauthorized "low dose" injection of Bio Tech Enhancement Serum from Thaddeus Ross.
- Predicting an imminent move from General Ross, Nick Fury sends Natasha Romanoff to spy on Banner.
- After a night of drinking with Erik Selvig, Thor explains the concept of the Nine Realms to Foster.
- Loki sends the Destroyer after them.
- Battle at Culver University: At Culver University, Betty Ross walks Bruce Banner to the bus station in the early morning. As they are crossing the campus, they are attacked by the Military and Emil Blonsky, who seems to adapt well to the Bio Tech Enhancement upgrade, but is still beaten by the Hulk, getting nearly every bone in his body pulverized. Natasha Romanoff witnesses Banner's transformation and Blonsky's enhanced performance from afar.
- The Hulk escapes the Military with an unconscious Betty, hiding in a cave deep in the Smoky Mountain National Forest. News of the battle quickly spreads across cable news channels and the internet. Jack McGee, a student who witnessed and captured the fight on cell phone video, names the creature "an Incredible Hulk” in an interview with WHiH World News. His remarks are played repeatedly over the next several days.
- Battle of Puente Antiguo: The Destroyer attacks S.H.I.E.L.D. agents stationed at Puente Antiguo. Thor and his fellow Asgardians fight it, and during the battle, Thor proves himself worthy of his godly heritage and his powers are restored, allowing him to defeat the Destroyer.
- Natasha Romanoff informs Fury about Emil Blonsky's enhanced attributes, having witnessed his performance during the Culver University incident.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. continues to monitor the Hulk incident and the crater site in New Mexico, as well as Europe, Africa, and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Tony Stark has a debrief with S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Nick Fury. He is offered an advisory position as a consultant for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers Initiative, which he accepts on condition that Stern honors him with a medal for his services. Three hours later, Stern begrudgingly gives Stark his medal.
- Clint Barton discovers the Destroyer's inanimate body in Puente Antiguo. Later that day, with the help of Phil Coulson, they transport the body to Roswell, New Mexico.
- The Frost Giants invade Asgard. Laufey finds Odin, but Loki turns on him and kills him before Laufey is able to kill Odin.
- Duel at the Rainbow Bridge: Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three return to Asgard, where Thor reveals Loki's plan to seize the throne. Unfortunately, in the ensuing battle between them, Thor is forced to destroy the Rainbow Bridge to prevent Loki from destroying Jotunheim using the Bifrost and committing genocide against the Frost Giants. This action strands him in Asgard, unable to return to Earth. Loki falls into space and ends appearing in the Sanctuary.
- Nick Fury holds a meeting in Roswell, telling S.H.I.E.L.D. about the new refocusing of the agency towards extraterrestrial defense.
- Bruce Banner and Betty Ross hide out in a small town motel, as news of the previous day's battle continues to spread. Within 36 to 40 hours of sustaining his injuries, Emil Blonsky has fully recovered.
- Banner and Betty Ross arrive in New York City, bypassing roadblocks at the Holland Tunnel by bribing a boat owner to take them across the Hudson River to lower Manhattan. They head uptown to meet with Mr. Blue, whose real name is Samuel Sterns. Sterns tries an experimental process to cure Banner, though it only succeeds in reversing the transformation, not ridding him of it completely.
- Duel of Harlem: The military captures Banner, but Emil Blonsky forces Sterns to inject him with the blood products he developed from Banner's blood sample. The process mutates Blonsky into the Abomination, while Sterns is infected with Banner's blood through an open wound on his head, gaining his own mutation. Banner convinces Thaddeus Ross to let him try and stop the Abomination. The two creatures fight in Harlem, with Hulk defeating the Abomination and fleeing the scene immediately afterwards.
- Capture of Samuel Sterns: Natasha Romanoff discovers the mutated Sterns in his laboratory, subdues him and takes him into custody.
- The World Security Council grants Nick Fury new funds for S.H.I.E.L.D.. This will provide the resources he needs to examine the Tesseract fully, as well as to put into action the "Avengers Initiative".
- The New York Bulletin writes a front-page article called "Harlem Terror", describing the battle between Abomination and Hulk.
- Fury approaches Erik Selvig to join S.H.I.E.L.D. in an advisory capacity to study the Tesseract.
- Anthony Rocha is taken by the Church of Gibborim's runaway project and given help, but also considered by Leslie Dean as a candidate for the next Rite of Blood sacrifice.
- In a dinner, Phil Coulson and Jasper Sitwell discuss how to prevent Emil Blonsky being assigned to the Avengers Initiative.The World Security Council have ordered S.H.I.E.L.D. to make Blonsky part of the team as they consider him a war hero.
- Coulson and Sitwell send Tony Stark to meet with Thaddeus Ross within 24 hours to ruin any chance of this recruitment going through.
- Bruce Banner settles in a cabin deep in the woods of Bella Coola, British Columbia, where he works on gaining control of the Hulk.
- Following Hulk's incident in Harlem, Tony Stark arrives in a bar and approaches Ross about "putting a team together".
- Stark is apparently on a mission to recruit Blonsky, but his behavior enrages Ross so much that he refuses to release Blonsky into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody.
- Coulson and Sitwell reunite and discuss the success in having Stark dissuade Ross from including Blonsky in the Avengers Initiative.
- A news broadcast talks about Iron Man, using footage from the Battle of Gulmira. In 2015, Ultron would access a news archive with the broadcast when scrolling through information to learn about the Avengers.
- A HYDRA team rescues Akela Amador from her cell at the bottom of a copper mine. They perform surgery in her blind eye and implant her with a Backscatter X-Ray Eye Implant, used to control her and make her carry out missions as their operative.
- David Lieberman starts to become frustrated with his job as an NSA analyst, as he starts to get no work of significance for the next 5 years.
- Andre Deschaine and Lia Dewan start a therapy group for abuse victims. As people walk in, Deschaine shakes their hands, causing their despair records to be added to his Dark Dimension collection. Deschaine starts the meeting.
- Rite of Blood: PRIDE has a meeting, performing their ninth Rite of Blood ritual, where they sacrifice 19-year-old runaway Anthony Rocha to revitalize Jonah.
- Mary Walker, with her Walker personality at the fore, sits in her cell in a Sokovian prison, miserable and dispirited after months of questioning, rape, torture, and being made to watch her squad teammates killed.
- The Roxxon Norco spills a million gallons of crude off Pensacola. Ellis does very little to get involved as he takes over presidency, and no one involved ends up in court.
- Bethany takes drugs for the last time, resolving to go sober.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.